shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of large eternity bands (4 -5ct.) with ER please

wcd

Rough_Rock
I have been reading and looking at pics on this site for a while and have learned so much...you guys are a wonderful source of knowledge!!! Recently I started looking at eternity bands and have fallen in love with one that has .40ct round diamonds. I have a fairly small finger, 4.5 so I plan to wear it by itself most of the time. However I also have a 1.00ct round diamond that I would like to have reset and was wondering what setting would look best with the eternity ring if I wanted to wear them together. Most of the pics I have seen are of thin eternity bands, I would love to see pics of larger stone eternity bands with e-rings.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi wdc,

In my avatar you will see my eternity ring and (my soon to be replaced
9.gif
) solitaire.

Although mine is a 7 stone, it will look similar to a 4-5 carat full eternity.

All my stones are 30 points (apart from one which is 31, which along with 7 are my lucky numbers
2.gif
) and my RB solitaire is exactly one carat.

I know that mine is not the norm on here and others prefer a more subtle eternity to ensure their solitaire is the star. However, I am in the process of consigning my solitaire in order to by a GOG diamond and grow my new one via their fabulous upgrade policy.

Today, fingers crossed, I should receive an interim diamond to wear meantime, until mine sells and I buy a bigger who knows what GOG diamond. My new one is an AVC 1.43 L/VS2. So very different to my current set.

Good luck with your search. be sure to let us know what you chose!!
35.gif
35.gif

Oh and lots of pics please!!!
9.gif

wcd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply Susan, and yes, your 7 stone ring looks very much like the eternity band I am looking at...it is beautiful. I understand that most people want their ER to stand out and that is why they go with thin bands. I am more of a band person and would only wear the ER on special occasions (if I want more sparkle) or alone. I would really love a cushion halo for my round stone but I''m not sure if that would be too much with the band.

Thanks again and good luck selling your diamond :)

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi wcd! What style of band are you looking for? A half eternity or a full eternity? Shared prong or U prong etc. I believe you can wear a full eternity band with any style of engagement ring and it look fabulous! If it sets flush or there is a space, no matter what the look it really is the wedding band of all wedding bands (IMO). So what's your style? What are you looking for?

wcd

Rough_Rock
Hi Sparklenut, I am looking at a full eternity, shared prong "u" setting in 18KT white gold. It is for my 25th anniversary...I will wear it alone most of the time but I do have my current diamond that I wear all the time and it is in yellow gold so I figured I should have it reset in white gold. I just don''t want to end up with an eternity band and then not be able to wear my other diamond...it was my mother''s diamond so I don''t want to just put it in a drawer and never wear it.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is 4.85 total. The ring is 15 stones of about 1/3 carat each. I love it and wear it every day. I have several pictures p=of it posted on here with various engagement rings. I would love to see a picture of the ring you are thinking of purchasing ring on your hand. My fingers are much larger than yours and my stones are smaller. The ring is so substantial, I don''t know if it would be comfortable to go any larger in between your ring finger and little finger.

wcd

Rough_Rock
I checked out your ring, Pink tower, it is beautiful!!! Unfortunately I don''t have any pictures of the ring on my finger. I was looking at it at ID Jewelry, so busy admiring it I never took a picture
7.gif
One of the reasons I am going with the "u" setting is because the stones don''t sit as high as some of the other settings, I''m hoping that will help with the comfort level.

I''ve started to think that I may just go ahead and pick out the setting that I like the best for my 1.00ct diamond and not worry about how it will look with the eternity band. I will get a very thin band to wear with it instead of trying to make sure it works with the eternity band...it''s amazing what thoughts come to you when your dogs wake you up in the middle of the night and you can''t get back to sleep!!!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. You may do a search on Jean Vitau for details on how mine is set. There are no prongs, and it is very secure. I have worn it daily for 12 years with no problems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results