shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of a beautiful summer day in Maine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FI and I bought two cameras yesterday, the Canon PowerShot G9 and the Canon PowerShot A720 IS. We''ve been playing around with them, trying to figure out how they work.

Today, we went to Maine to get our marriage license, and then we had lunch on the water. After that, we went to Nubble Light and hung out there for a few hours, eating ice cream and enjoying the bright and sunny weather. It was a perfect day, and I thought I''d share photos taken with my new camera (the A720 IS).

Enjoy!

First up, a view of the water and the gardens of the restaurant we had lunch at.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops. Here it is.

view from restaurant and garden.JPG

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OH I am "holidaysick" for Maine!
3.gif

We used to go to Ogunquit every summer until about 5 years ago....I really miss it!

pics please!

ETA: just saw your photos of the marina..................... I can almost smell the air from here!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next up, my first attempt at Macro. The flower is fuzzy but I love the color.

macro flower.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fuzzy flower with wine menu

pretty in pink.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The boats and the dock -- this was our view from the porch of the restaurant. This is in York. For those who know the area, we ate at the Dockside (restaurant and guest quarters).

boats and dock at restaurant.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite places: Nubble Light, also in York.

nubble -- sohier park.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sohier Park (this is where the lighthouse is)

sohier park.JPG

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:39:43 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
The boats and the dock -- this was our view from the porch of the restaurant. This is is York. For those who know the area, we ate at the Dockside (restaurant and guest quarters).

I KNOW THAT SPOT!!!!

We left our cooler there at the edge of the water about 7 years ago...didja happen to see it??

Thank you for the memories. The Dockside is ''wicked good'', isn''t it!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one. This is also near Nubble. Pretty yellow flowers.

It was such a great day, and the weather was amazing. We''ve had a lot of rain and thunderstorms over the past 3 weeks or so so it was nice to finally have an afternoon of blue skies. It didn''t last too long though. It poured on our way home.

I hope you enjoyed my photos!

yellow flowers at sohier park.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are gorgeous! They look like postcards!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:48:11 PM
Author: LostSapphire

The boats and the dock -- this was our view from the porch of the restaurant. This is is York. For those who know the area, we ate at the Dockside (restaurant and guest quarters).

I KNOW THAT SPOT!!!!

We left our cooler there at the edge of the water about 7 years ago...didja happen to see it??

Thank you for the memories. The Dockside is ''wicked good'', isn''t it!!

That was YOUR cooler?
3.gif

I love it there. The food IS wicked good and you can''t beat the marina''s views. I lived on the seacoast for 5 years and I hung out in York every chance I could since I lived so close. I really miss it. We live about an hour or so away from there now, but we still try to visit as often as possible.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:51:05 PM
Author: Miranda

That''s the first thing I thought, too!!

They are great photos, and I''ve been eyeing the G9. I think you''ve just solidified my decision, so Thanks!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glorious, thank you for sharing Zoe; I agree with Miss Miranda, they do look like postcards! Happy 4th!
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:55:10 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Date: 7/3/2008 10:51:05 PM
Author: Miranda

That''s the first thing I thought, too!!

They are great photos, and I''ve been eyeing the G9. I think you''ve just solidified my decision, so Thanks!!
Thanks Miranda and SS! Actually, these were taken with the A720 IS, which is about $200. The G9 is about $450-$500. My FI''s pictures on the G9 came out great too. My FI wanted something with all the bells and whistles (well, as many as he could get for that price). I wanted something with bells and whistles on a smaller scale. So far I''m pleased. We both are. I''m still trying to figure the camera out though. This is my first digital camera, and I''m learning the lingo and menu set up slowly.

I''m not sure if you''ve been doing research, but these sites helped us a lot:

www.consumerreports.com (subscription required but it''s only $26 for one year)

www.cnet.com

www.dpreview.com (a little dry but worth checking out)

www.myproductadvisor.com (a great site that allows you to rate features on a sliding scale. The site then chooses the top cameras for you, based on what you value).

www.pcmag.com (reviews are written in a very easy to understand way -- good for someone like myself, who is a beginner)

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Awww, pretty photos! Thanks for posting them, ZB. I have the PS710 and we love it. Very easy to use (once you''ve learned the basics) and takes great photos.

Mmmm, I want lobster now...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The boats and the dock -- this was our view from the porch of the restaurant. This is in York. For those who know the area, we ate at the Dockside (restaurant and guest quarters).

Oh I miss Maine! I have dear friends in Maine, and have spent some time there with them. It is an absolutely beautiful state! It looks like it was a picture perfect day up there; how lovely for you!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, they are stunning. I left Boston today on the Acela and went through some lovely waterside towns in Connecticut. I just love it in the summer, the beach, the blue sky, the boats bobbing in the water, the clapboard homes, it is just too picturesque. Congrats on getting your license too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 12:53:08 AM
Author: HollyS

Oh I miss Maine! I have dear friends in Maine, and have spent some time there with them. It is an absolutely beautiful state! It looks like it was a picture perfect day up there; how lovely for you!
I miss Maine too, used to spend my summers there as a child. Your pics are gorgeous!!! Keep them coming Zoe!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Skippy, Selkie, Holly, DF, and Kaleigh!

Kaleigh, since you asked, here are a few more pics. I''d really love to learn how to take great shots and frame them in our house. Random aside, I talked to my mom last night and she mentioned that a family friend had dropped off an oil painting of Nubble that he did for my FI and I as a wedding gift (our wedding''s next Saturday). I can''t wait to see it. He''s very talented, and we have a few other pieces he''s done.

Okay, back to the pictures.

adirondack chairs.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the colors in this one.

fence and flowers.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one. Thanks for letting me share a few of my favorite places with you.
1.gif

pretty yellow flowers.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! I went there about 3 years ago. I have to say it is one of the most beautiful places I have been to.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Great pictures! I''ve been there a couple of times and it is so pretty. I have pics of that lighthouse, too.
I love Maine. The people there are so friendly. Looks like you had a great time!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can''t belive those pictures came from a $200 camera. I really need an upgrade.

The photos are amazing. But then again, so was the landscape and subjects. I really do need to get out of San Diego more often.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photos! It is unbelievably gorgeous there!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely photos! I love Maine--ahhh I want to go to Maine now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results