shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked the rocks, thanks to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsteve

Rough_Rock
I've been through a lot of amazing info here, though it was only a miniscule fraction of the total knowledge and good advice here. I think my fiancee-to-be would have been (will be) equally satisfied either way, but I am quite certain that I would have ended up less comfortable about my choices (and a little poorer, and in possession of a lesser diamond) without this site and its participants. So thank you all.

I found three diamonds at whiteflash that I will be purchasing today for a three-stone setting we found locally: a 1.046 E/VS1 center with .34 F/VS1 and .35 F/VS1 sides.

Here are the specs on the center rock - by all appearances on paper, this should be a pretty stellar rock, yes? I will be having it checked/appraised by an ind. appraiser before and after setting the ring.

I figured we could get a larger stone by sticking with something around G/VS1, but my gal was quite clear in letting me know that she is right and I am quite wrong on this matter
2.gif

So, the decision was essentially based on finding the highest quality rock that was 1.00 carats or greater that fit within the budget allotted for the center stone (roughly $9500). Hopefully, this rock passes muster, as I'm pretty confident it will.

Price: $9215 (PS/wire price)
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.046
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.2
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion %: 42.7
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.58-6.60X3.97

(EDIT: HCA indicates 0.6 - ex across the board)

I-scope image:

iscope1046.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s gonna be gorgeous!!!!! Good job!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
WOW!
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it will be stellar indeed. well done.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That looks like a gorgeous diamond and I think your three stone ring is going to be fabulous! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product. I like the proporations you are using for the three stones.

dsteve

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 4:57:58 PM
Author: Sundial
That looks like a gorgeous diamond and I think your three stone ring is going to be fabulous! I can''t wait to see pictures of the finished product.

I''ll definitely do that once the ring is finished...it might actually be 2 months out because of some scheduling conflicts and the time to make and set the ring.

I like the proporations you are using for the three stones.

I was tempted at the last minute to bump up to .39 on each side of the 1.04 because I was slightly under budget for the whole ring, but I decided that smaller might be better. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results