shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick one or suggest a third please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Gypsy!!!! You and John got the watch you love!! No excuse not to wear it, but it isn''t your birthday yet???? Is the idea that you''re not going to "really wear it" until after the b-day????And that''s why we don''t gey wrist pics
33.gif
???? Clarification please.
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Isaku. I get to wear it today. (And we don''t have the digital camera today).. then it goes in the box tonight until after I blow out the candles next Sunday (where there WILL be a digital camera) and I will wear it thereafter. It''s really quite lovely and I''m very happy with it, especially with all the temptation to go over budget and get something with a nicer brand name (like the Bedats on Signed Pieces) or the Movado bracelet watch I saw at Costco yesterday that was only a LITTLE over budget. But I stayed in budget, and got the style I wanted. Which is really making me happy. I get buyer''s remose really easily if I go against my gut on pricing for things. With this beauty, I''m happy, and my gut is happy.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very pretty choice, Gypsy!!! Thanks for looking at the others, too. Sadly, I suspected the Palidoro might be too good to be true. That watch comes in plain stainless, and I''ve even considered it as a cheap watch for the time being. I''ll try to post the plain one.

citizen180.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, boy, that was huge! (Stone Hunter, as you can see, I have not decided! I want something that is fine for everyday...not too dressy.) Here is the Tiffany Grand for comparison, but the cost is about 20 times the Citizen!!!!

tiffanygrand.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that B&M, and it is a lot less than the Tiffany if you only get the diamonds where the numerals go, but I am worried about getting it serviced if I buy it online. And I don''t believe in paying full price for anything!

jomashop_1964_24737199

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying the Baume and Mercier again

Baume.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Ebel's, too. But it's hard to know if these watches are worth it since they are just stainless and quartz!

Sorry, Gypsy...I shouldn't have thread-jacked, but the watches you were looking at were so similar to what I was looking at!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 9:42:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I love that B&M, and it is a lot less than the Tiffany if you only get the diamonds where the numerals go, but I am worried about getting it serviced if I buy it online. And I don''t believe in paying full price for anything!

imgnotfound.jpg
I don''t either. It makes me twitchy. REALLY twitchy.

But my mom bought her Longines in France. At a real store... but still, servicing is going to be an issue for her. I don''t know why she didn''t just buy the thing at Macy''s. She just bought a really expensive tennis bracelet there (don''t get me started)... but she had to have the watch from the French store in Nice.
20.gif

I know how we all feel about B&M''s and Maul stores, but I really wanted to buy my watch from Macy''s because the ARE everywhere, and even though mine is a ''budget'' model and not a luxury model watch I wanted to be have that peace of mind. So paid full retail price for it. And yes, there was a little wincing involved at the whole ''full price'' thing-- but it''s a mechanical peice, not just jewelry and the wincing soon subsided.

Macy''s in November will be having their big twice yearly sale, with a friends and family promotion... from what I understand the discount they offer 15-20% WILL be applicable to their higher end watches. You might want to double check that, but if you want a one of the Baume Mercier''s I would wait till then and get the best of both worlds.

If you want the look of that Tiffany, I really suggest going to a store that will have BOTH the Baume Mercier and the Citizen and trying them both on. To me, there was an appreciable difference even in the ''just'' stainless peices. But it was no where near as obvious as the difference between the two diamond models.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy that watch is a beautiful choice and you can't go wrong with Coach (and Movado in this case)! I look forward to seeing wrist shots.

Diamondseeker you know that those gorgeous Cartier tank watches look an awful lot like the ones you are considering!
2.gif
Is there a Tourneau store anywhere near you? They carry all the major brands and it is an incredible place to watch shop.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 10:11:17 PM
Author: Sundial
Gypsy that watch is a beautiful choice and you can''t go wrong with Coach (and Movado in this case)! I look forward to seeing wrist shots.

Diamondseeker you know that those gorgeous Cartier tank watches look an awful lot like the ones you are considering!
2.gif
Is there a Tourneau store anywhere near you? They carry all the major brands and it is an incredible place to watch shop.
Sundial, I wandered into a Tourneau Store by accident and I was amazed by the number of watches in one place (insane)! It was soooooo cool!!! If hubby and I weren''t sick we probably would have spent more time looking.

Gypsy, I am excited to see pics of your watch!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Note to self. Avoid Tourneau store until you win the lottery.

WHEW! That was close.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
WAY TO GO, GYPSY!!!! It''s obviously a win, win situation!! The best kind!!! You and "your gut" are both happy with the Coach!! I can''t tell you the number of times I''ve gone over budget, and ended up with buyer''s remorse
38.gif
. I know, I''m bad, bad, bad
29.gif

You, on the other hand, being the smart lady that you are, get the watch you and DF love and you saved $$ which can be used toward the setting for your beautiful asscher. Well done
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, and as an aside, I remember writing in regard to your great qualities ( an earlier thread), but sometime, I''m going to extol the virtues of your DF, John. You are one lucky lady!!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO Isaku, I remember your wonderful and EXTREMELY flattering post... thank you so much for that. As for John? I am a lucky lady and I know it. We had watches out from all different price ranges, and he just let me play, giving his opinion when I asked him, but generally taking his cues from me. And it was so funny I had this Baume Mercier diamond watch and I did NOT want to take that puppy off, and he leans over and says, "you can always wait a few more years for the re-set and get this one now... OR you can get the reset-- and I''ll rememeber this watch for a few years down the road." It was a very nice moment.

Yeah, I don''t like Buyer''s remose. I''m fighting a case of it with the bedding I bought for our bed... so I''m so happy I don''t have it with the watch.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 10:47:49 PM
Author: Gypsy
LMAO Isaku, I remember your wonderful and EXTREMELY flattering post... thank you so much for that. As for John? I am a lucky lady and I know it. We had watches out from all different price ranges, and he just let me play, giving his opinion when I asked him, but generally taking his cues from me. And it was so funny I had this Baume Mercier diamond watch and I did NOT want to take that puppy off, and he leans over and says, ''you can always wait a few more years for the re-set and get this one now... OR you can get the reset-- and I''ll rememeber this watch for a few years down the road.'' It was a very nice moment.

Yeah, I don''t like Buyer''s remose. I''m fighting a case of it with the bedding I bought for our bed... so I''m so happy I don''t have it with the watch.
OMG!!!! Your guy sounds almost too good to be true!!! He lets you play, giving his opinion when asked!!!!???? And he plays the trump card mentioning your re-set!!! and stating that he would remember and you could get the watch that you loved "a few years down the road"????
30.gif

He sounds too good to be true! Does he have a much older brother ( 50+) who is currently unattached??? Oh, wait, I''ve been happily married for over 44 years...repeat 6x
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2007 10:11:17 PM
Author: Sundial
Gypsy that watch is a beautiful choice and you can''t go wrong with Coach (and Movado in this case)! I look forward to seeing wrist shots.

2.gif
Oh, I''d love to have one of those gorgeous Cartier tank watches, Sundial! I think that is why this style has grown on me! I''ve always preferred a round face, but the Cartier made me expand my choices! I don''t think there is a Tourneau store anywhere near me, but I''ll take a look and see where the nearest one is. That''s a nice idea!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 11:13:17 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 8/26/2007 10:47:49 PM
Author: Gypsy
LMAO Isaku, I remember your wonderful and EXTREMELY flattering post... thank you so much for that. As for John? I am a lucky lady and I know it. We had watches out from all different price ranges, and he just let me play, giving his opinion when I asked him, but generally taking his cues from me. And it was so funny I had this Baume Mercier diamond watch and I did NOT want to take that puppy off, and he leans over and says, ''you can always wait a few more years for the re-set and get this one now... OR you can get the reset-- and I''ll rememeber this watch for a few years down the road.'' It was a very nice moment.

OMG!!!! Your guy sounds almost too good to be true!!! He lets you play, giving his opinion when asked!!!!???? And he plays the trump card mentioning your re-set!!! and stating that he would remember and you could get the watch that you loved ''a few years down the road''????
30.gif

He sounds too good to be true! Does he have a much older brother ( 50+) who is currently unattached??? Oh, wait, I''ve been happily married for over 44 years...repeat 6x
9.gif

LMAO 6 times??? Seriously though. He was raised by his mother and three much older sisters, the thanks goes to them. But he is a very great guy. He hates shopping but knows how to ''bring it'' when it matters. But then, if you''ve been with your hubby for 44 years (and with the bling selection you do !!!) I''m sure he''s wonderful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results