shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick between these two cushions please :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
littleweight|1417922864|3796814 said:
Thank you both!

Should I be worried for any reason at all? It's for an e ring(once in lifetime) and I feel like that along with the AGS number not inscribed on the girdle throws me off a little. Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!

No, you are fine with BE, they aren't going to risk their reputation for a 10k purchase, I promise. When you get the stone/ring you have to have it appraised. Or you can get a loupe ( I strongly suggest with a VS1 you get a 20x loupe you will need the extra magnification to see the inclusions. Understand though that clarity is graded at the labs with a 10x loupe), and just do a simple search of the inclusions against the plot yourself.

Inscriptions aren't automatic. My stone doesn't have one.

littleweight

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1417924077|3796836 said:
littleweight|1417922864|3796814 said:
Thank you both!

Should I be worried for any reason at all? It's for an e ring(once in lifetime) and I feel like that along with the AGS number not inscribed on the girdle throws me off a little. Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!

No, you are fine with BE, they aren't going to risk their reputation for a 10k purchase, I promise. When you get the stone/ring you have to have it appraised. Or you can get a loupe ( I strongly suggest with a VS1 you get a 20x loupe you will need the extra magnification to see the inclusions. Understand though that clarity is graded at the labs with a 10x loupe), and just do a simple search of the inclusions against the plot yourself.

Inscriptions aren't automatic. My stone doesn't have one.

As always, thanks Gyspy!! I really appreciate your help! I will get the CADs started this week :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey:

littleweight

Rough_Rock
Im not trying to be too picky here, so please pardon me if i come off that way. BE sent me the lab report which can be downloaded a few posts up. We had the stone sent to AGS to have the girdle inscribed, which if you look at the ags site, its now inscribed with a Dec 4, 2014 date.

I did notice that the "cut grade" changed from an ideal 0 to a excellent 1. It may or may not sound like a big deal but i definitely wanted an ideal 0 cut. Gypsy should i ask for a price negotiation or discount because of this?

Can you give me your opinion on the matter? Thank you! :wavey:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP - I too notice that the cut grade had changed between the 10/31/2014 and the 12/04/2014 versions - but honestly, when I saw the 10/31 report, I wondered how it got the 0 Cut Grade because it had always been my understanding with a 1 for Symmetry and for Polish, a stone could only get a 1 for Cut Grade.

I don't have anything to offer on the subject of price negotiation other than I too would think a slight adjustment would be appropriate in light of the changed Cut Grade.

ETA: FWIW, to me, the 0 Light Performance Grade is of more significant than the Cut Grade, for fancy cuts (meaning other than Round Brilliants).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it's the symmetry and polish that are causing it to get the 1, you are fine. symmetry is not optical symmetry and the polish won't be a noticable thing.

But by all means, call them.

littleweight

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your help on the matter. I will touch base with them this week.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
My fav. is the Brian Gavin cushion. It faces up unusually large for a 1c cushion close to 6 x 7mm and the price is nice too. Ooops,
I see someone put it on hold though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ariel144|1417932235|3797067 said:
My fav. is the Brian Gavin cushion. It faces up unusually large for a 1c cushion close to 6 x 7mm and the price is nice too. Ooops,
I see someone put it on hold though.

Nope. Doesn't measure that. The BGD AGS lab reports list the diagonal . That stone is square. It is 6x6. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results