shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick an Orange

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the latest set of photos, the gems look better (more orangy), but still brownish. Which photos are most accurate???? It's really difficult to give an opinion when you get a myriad of photos, and we don't know which ones are accurate for color. Do they shift to a more brown color in some lighting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, they don't look as nice as I would expect the grading to show; perhaps they are at the lower end of the range? Is there any one stone that speaks to you? None are floating my boat, unfortunately.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1412168451|3759748 said:
In the latest set of photos, the gems look better (more orangy), but still brownish. Which photos are most accurate???? It's really difficult to give an opinion when you get a myriad of photos, and we don't know which ones are accurate for color. Do they shift to a more brown color in some lighting?

I would agree with this. Also are these GIA graded do you know or vendor graded?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
They are all GIA graded. And thats why I'm wondering if the photography is playing tricks cause I had an orange and getting a picture that matched what I saw in real life was a nightmare.

I'm not seeing the brown personally, but I know you guys all have better eyes for these types of things than I do. The picture at the top is fairly consistent with the videos posted on the vendors website (which I haven't posted because of lurkers).

None of them are really speaking to me. I like the Smaller cushion because it is the right size and price. If it was a *little* bit more orange I'd take it. But I'm strongly wondering if I had it in my possession if it would be orange enough. They have an excelent return policy, but I'm not in the US so there is the complication of trying get the tax refunded.

If I could find something the colour in the colour of LD's I'd be golden.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely in the video. Hope you'll love it at first glance!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice, let us know what you think when you get it. :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your thoughts once you receive it. :)

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great - I do hope it's as lovely in hand.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I agree with a lot of what has been said. I don't like the pears because of the uneven color.

I think that the oval you picked looks the best in the picture next to the cushions. The large cushion is too brown. The smaller cushion is not orange enough for me.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I got it yesterday.
It looks great and goes really well with my IGI FIY.
The pictures make it look a little brown, but I think it looks a nice bright orange. The color in the picture isn't very accurate, but the colour in the video is very accurate. It has a very minimal bowtie, but even that matches the FIY.

I'm happy and I'll be keeping it. Feel free to critique, I'm a big boy and I can take it. I've been around the PS block a few times.

img_0850.jpg

img_0856.jpg

img_0867.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I like it too, so there! :devil: :bigsmile:

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1413410263|3767596 said:

Thanks Chrono, your eyes are better than mine. :clap:

I forgot to say that the pics were taken next to my window on a extremely overcast day.

Weirdly, Under the LED light in my room, it washes out to more of a yellow colour.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1413410263|3767596 said:

Me too! :bigsmile:

Very pretty orange diamond. Congrats.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL.

One more picture showing the yellow better.

img_0861.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. It really pops on your skin ton . I know its for your wife,but if its similar, it'll be d ally striking

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
She is lighter than me, but I hope it does.

What do you guys think? Should I put it in a yellow gold basket? Would white gold be ok? (the pendant will be white gold)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1413472003|3767946 said:
She is lighter than me, but I hope it does.

What do you guys think? Should I put it in a yellow gold basket? Would white gold be ok? (the pendant will be white gold)

Definitely a yellow gold basket. Please post pics when your jewelry project is complete. :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow, without a doubt.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yellow gold basket.

I like the orange and yellow diamonds next to each other. The yellow makes the orange look more orange.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Good choice - it looks great, both by itself and with the yellow :appl:
Please come back with pictures of the completed pendant.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful choice! Love the color and the cut (from what I can tell) looks great as well.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1413488357|3768104 said:
Yellow gold basket.

I like the orange and yellow diamonds next to each other. The yellow makes the orange look more orange.

I though this too.
I didn't set out to match, but I'm glad they compliment so well.

Thanks everyone for the compliments =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results