shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic and appraisal question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
I just got my ering in today, it's a 1.01 H SI1 ACA from Whiteflash. The stone was was 5800, however the appraisal that came with it was for only 2,950. Is this normal for it to be that low. I always thought appraisals were higher than the price paid. I'm looking to getting insurance but I want enough coverage to cover the replacement cost. Should I get another appraisal from a local jeweler?

thanks for the help.

der.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, I don''t know the answer to your question re: the appraised value. Maybe it was a mistake? But, I just wanted to say how much I love the ring, especially those prongs!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jkb,

Ring up the appraiser and ask them. This sounds like an error. Perhaps they were appraising just the mounting without the center stone? If the appraisal you received is the ''verification report'' that comes included with the Whiteflash package, yes, I think you should get an appraisal from someone independent.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
I''m glad you like it, I think she''s gonna love it. The heart prongs were Bob''s (Whiteflash) idea and I think it turned out great. The pictures really don''t do it justice. It sparkles like crazy even in a poorly lit room.

The appraisal lists the stone at 2950 and the setting at 1800. I''ve emailed Bob so we''ll see what he says, I might call the appraiser too. Thanks guys.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s got to be a mistake.

The ring is gorgeous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring and I''m sure she will love it. I see a big mistake, that can''t be right!!

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
Just heard from Bob, it was a mistake. Thank goodness...
26.gif

Bob and Whiteflash were great to work with, can''t say enough about how happy I am with thier service.

Thanks also to everyone else for their feedback and help through this process.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh thank god!! I knew it had to be a mistake!! So glad everything is ok now!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results