shape
carat
color
clarity

Pièce de résistance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 12:25:33 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 8/13/2009 10:46:46 AM
Author: geckodani

HOLY CRAP! That is - wow. It''s just GLOWING.
DITTO!!!
36.gif
THRITTO!!!!!
30.gif

Lori

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is a blue beauty!!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 10:46:46 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 8/13/2009 10:42:20 AM
Author: kas baby
and here it is after Jeff worked his magic on it:
HOLY CRAP! That is - wow. It''s just GLOWING.
I was about to say that!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks to simplysplendid, ckrickett, catmom, loriken214, LtlFirecracker, and kribbie

thanks to everyone for all the kind words!

lol, I''ve been trying to prepare myself for when it gets here so I don''t pass out or something, but just in case....

sunglasses: $15.00

paperbag: $0.20

icepack: $3.00

seeing your Jeff White Sapphire for the first time: priceless

41.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Kas! I can NOT wait until you have it in hand! That second pic had me going back for seconds . . . and thirds! Congratulations!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Kasbaby- good things are worth the wait! Looks like your new sapphire will be a stunner! Enjoy!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks to LaurenThePartier and Spirit

OMG ITS HERE!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ha! I was watering plants in the front yard when my sister yelled- "mailman!" I came running... lol, we live in the country and he was over 100yards away... FI was so funny, teasing me 'Kara, calm down!' but when we opened that box....
3.gif

ETA: I don't have any pictures.... but that is ONLY because I don't havea camera... don't shoot me, otherwise I won't be able to take any pictures

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*blinks*

wow

*blinks again*

wow

Thats HOT! [love:]

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 1:17:01 PM
thanks to LaurenThePartier and Spirit

OMG ITS HERE!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ha! I was watering plants in the front yard when my sister yelled- ''mailman!'' I came running... lol, we live in the country and he was over 100yards away... FI was so funny, teasing me ''Kara, calm down!'' but when we opened that box....
3.gif

ETA: I don''t have any pictures.... but that is ONLY because I don''t havea camera... don''t shoot me, otherwise I won''t be able to take any pictures
This is sacriligeous!!!
38.gif
9.gif

Well, even without pictures, you have to tell us what your eyes see.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lol! I know! I feel like such a bad PSer!
11.gif
but really, if I had a camera on me, I would probably have hundreds of pictures by now
2.gif
I even got stuff ready this morning for a little photo shoot
41.gif
then I realized- no camera-
39.gif
I can't wait to get some pictures so I can share it with you guys!

I'd like to extand a BIG thank you to everyone here who posts in Colored Stones. Without you guys and this forum, there is no way I would be even close to getting something of this caliber.

well, this is what my eye sees indoors: After I franticly opened the package, peeking out from between the packing peanuts, I could see a flicker of blue. As I pulled it out from its protectors, its beauty stunned me and I was speachlss. As I walk around the house with it in its little plastic home, it displays brilliant blue lusciousness in even the darkest parts of the house- including the basement! When I turned on the lights downstairs, the blue suddenly shifted before my eyes to a more lavender hue that I so dearly love. Now sitting here on the couch with my back to a west facing window, it shimmers in the most mesmerizing way.

Outside, well, get your sunglasses on because it is a stunner for sure!! Rocking it gently back and forth as it's nestled between my ring and middle finger, it’s as if it contained a star within its depths of vivid blue beauty, twinkling at twilight. Suddenly a flash of fire; a truly radiant glimpse of the cosmos captured centuries ago in a treasure unearthed from the ground.

Love at first sight? Yes, and it grows each time I peer into its seemingly infinite pool of mystery. Its Apollonian symmetry captivate (the facets are perfect in every way,) and yet, it has a Dionysian intoxicating effect. How strange and wonderful an enigma to behold. Jonathon even stops to gaze at it whenever he passes by. I know he is pleased that we were able to obtain such a treasure.

ETA: just so you know, if I hold the gem up by the computer screen next to the photo Jeff took for me after the re-cut, what I see has a bit of lavender in it, just as he said it would.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That color is just MESMERIZING! Hypnotic and gorgeous! Congrats! How are you setting it?

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Holy smokes....your JW is a beauty!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning stone, beautiful color and great cut.

AN

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kas,
I had no idea you are quite the poet. It sounds heavenly!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks to: arcadian, Brown.Eyed.Girl (ps, how are your kitties? they look adorable!), DianaBanana (your sapph ain''t so bad either
30.gif
), Art Nouveau, and Chrono

It really is a gem that evokes poetry. This is my first loose gemstone, and, I never knew how magical they really can be. when you asked for a color description the words just poured out from my heart. It really sings to me and I couldn''t be happier with a gem for my engagement ring
12.gif

I just wish I could take decent pictures of it!! I got the camera, and well, lets just say the pictures are coming out less than stellar. Its an overcast day here in my part of Michigan, which is kind of nice because the last two days were so hot and muggy, but also kind of a shame because the sapphire looks soooooo good in the sun!! it sparkles as if it caught on fire! Some of the pictures might be all right, but really do not do the gem full justice.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I have tons more pictures to go through, and going through them is taking quite some time, but I decided I'd post at least something to hold you guys over before I finish
2.gif

ETA: there is also a picture up in the vendor pic comparison thread

karasapph1.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers!!!!! That is SUCH a gorgeous colour!!!!! Congrats, Kas!!!!

Can''t wait to see more pics!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
on a ''violet satin'' hibiscus...

Karasapph124.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
the next few are on asiatic lilies, have no clue what variety, other than gorgeous
2.gif

oh no! it didn''t work... hrmph.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
trying again... yay! it worked!

Karasapphagain.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock

Karasapph129.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock

Karasapph131.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
this is the last one for now... if you guys don''t mind more, I will happily consent to posting more
9.gif

Karasapph142.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
whew! there were a ton of photos! Its a shame most of them I had to delete. This one has to be one of my favorites though... the arrangement of facets looks so star-like to me in this one... just heavenly
12.gif

Karasapph158.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl! What a fabulous stone. Curious- do you happen to know how much weight/ mm size was lost in the recut?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
icekid... I can''t say I know how much was lost in the re-cut. but I definately feel like a lucky girl
41.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
and one more, since I can''t seem to stop taking pictures now that the sun is out. this was taken with the sun coming through a west facing window...
3.gif

Karasapph 035.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 5:55:07 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 8/13/2009 10:42:20 AM
and here it is after Jeff worked his magic on it:
OMG are those ARROWS?

I''m jealous.. blue blue jealous...

That color is magnificent, it glows its so gorgeous!!
lol, thanks SanDiegoLady! Jeff took amazing pictures of it, before and after, didn''t he? It really does display some beautiful arrows at times, though I haven''t seen them quite so pronounced IRL yet. I just can''t seem to capture it on film the way he did, but this is my first colored stone so I''m still getting used to taking pictures of them.

This sapphire really is quite beautiful. Its been so much fun taking it around the house in its little box to see it in different light. I can''t wait to see it set, but I''m not sure how long I''ll have to wait for that. must.save.more
22.gif
... it''s going to look so good in the Vatche Swan though
3.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous blue kas!
30.gif

I feel a blue sapphire itch coming on...
31.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!
30.gif
It is gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results