shape
carat
color
clarity

Physician-Assisted Suicide?

Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?

• Yes, it should be legal.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it should be illegal.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 12:25:41 PM
Author: MC
Yes, it should be legal! I guess I could provide many reasons, but my primary one is it''s barbaric to allow a person to live in excruciating pain when there is no chance of he/she recovering from that. I wonder if we should also consider those who have chronic conditions that have completely destroyed their ability to have a functioning life and what should be done to allow them to move on with dignity.

I agree with MC 100%. I have always said, we don''t let our precious pets suffer, why should we let humans suffer through excruciating pain? Something should be done to help them.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 1:27:55 PM
Author: Linda W

Yes, it should be legal! I guess I could provide many reasons, but my primary one is it''s barbaric to allow a person to live in excruciating pain when there is no chance of he/she recovering from that. I wonder if we should also consider those who have chronic conditions that have completely destroyed their ability to have a functioning life and what should be done to allow them to move on with dignity.

I agree with MC 100%. I have always said, we don''t let our precious pets suffer, why should we let humans suffer through excruciating pain? Something should be done to help them.

ditto all of this. We had to put down a cat the other night in work and the owner was telling us how her mother was terminally ill and how she was so angry that she can give her cat dignity in his final minutes but has to just watch her mother getting worse and worse. I just felt awful
14.gif

So sorry to hear about your mother Karen.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Yes, bee, I agree with you on that...
but...
there are a *lot* of pet owners that will put their animals to sleep when there are still medical treatments available to their animals.
to save a buck, or save the hassle.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2008 2:05:56 PM
Author: bee*

Date: 10/7/2008 1:27:55 PM
Author: Linda W

ditto all of this. We had to put down a cat the other night in work and the owner was telling us how her mother was terminally ill and how she was so angry that she can give her cat dignity in his final minutes but has to just watch her mother getting worse and worse. I just felt awful
14.gif

So sorry to hear about your mother Karen.
Thanks Bee, I appreciate that...

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 3:49:20 PM
Author: thing2of2
I am definitely a proponent for physician-assisted suicide. I voted that it should be legal, but maybe I should have voted that it should be legal with restrictions. The only restriction would be that I think there should be some sort of ethics board so abuse can be prevented.

This one of the places it gets tough.. who decides who gets onto that ethics board?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t figured out the legalese yet, or how to prevent abuse, or in what cases it would/would not be appropriate, but I can''t help but feel that if we think it''s humane to put down a dog or cat so that it won''t suffer, then people should be able to make similar decisions for themselves and or their loved ones. If I have a terminal illness, if I have no quality of life and it is not going to change, I really don''t see what you are keeping me alive for. I do think that it is exceedingly complex to make such determinations. I''ll have to think it all through a little more, but I do believe in death with dignity, even if you can''t make that decision yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results