shape
carat
color
clarity

photos of my new Julia Kay Taylor aqua ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Katie~ it is stunning!! Wow, what a beautiful piece. Love the stone, and the mounting Julia created showcases it perfectly, while being a work of art in and of itself. Congratulations!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
katie, that ring is truly beautiful. LOVE it!! Yum.
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I just logged in to find all these nice compliments on my ring! I''m so glad everyone likes it! It''s just gorgeous in the photos and Julia said it''s even better in real life. She said it''s so delicate. I cannot WAIT to get it!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE THIS! I need to buy an Aqua and copy you!
2.gif
GORGEOUS!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I think this is one of her most impressive pieces.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
her work is so beautiful!! that is a stunning ring
30.gif

wear it in good health

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m sending Julia a note right now to tell her to come read all these comments! You all will make her feel so good! Thanks again for all the compliments!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she does that in platinum or WG, I think she''s going to have a lot of ering requests on her hands. I like it in some ways better than the JM (although Coati''s ring will always be a fave of mine).

It''s perfect and stunning!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After we were halfway into the process, I seriously considered whether I should have done it in white gold. It seems too beautiful to be done in "just" silver! But hopefully this argentium silver will hold up really well and not tarnish easily.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is just gorgeousness!
30.gif
I''ve got her site bookmarked!

-A

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a pretty ring! I love bezels!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have GOT to send her a message and ask for a quote for one of these babies! That is GORGEOUS! I want one so bad now
30.gif
maybe with a cushion!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She just told me she''s getting lots of inquiries! She''s going to be one busy little worker bee!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What a great job! Can''t wait for hand shots!

I''m having Julia set my Infinity I1 S set in a similar setting. Mine will be more angular/deco. It''s so hard waiting!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful setting for such a lovely stone! I love it!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
katiedid,

I wasted no time in copying your setting. I just paid the deposit on two rings she''s going to make for me. I sure hope you don''t mind! I believe I''ll be setting my blue/purple/grey spinel in the bezel, that is the current plan.
36.gif
I''ve seen way too many gorgeous Julia settings lately and I caved! I couldn''t handle it anymore.

Thanks for the inspiration katie!

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=18484412

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Katie!
35.gif

I saw your ring on Julia''s ETSY site before I saw it here.....WHAT AN AWESOME RING!!!! I AM IN LOVE!!!!
30.gif

Hope you don''t mind if I give some of my gemstones a go, too.....your design is PERFECT!!!!

Lori

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh no, I''m thrilled there are gonna be some ring twins! I get to sit back and see everyone else''s come to life now so I can''t wait! I''m so glad you girls liked it enough to copy!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great; I’d love to see more of her bezel work, either in the same style or something similar. Perhaps a square cushion stone?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cushion would be amazing in this ring. If I''d found an awesome cushion, I would have seriously considered that.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:01:01 AM
Author: katiedid
A cushion would be amazing in this ring. If I'd found an awesome cushion, I would have seriously considered that.
Given the choice, would pink or green be better? Both are 7 mm and medium in tone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 4:16:51 PM
Author: katiedid
She just told me she''s getting lots of inquiries! She''s going to be one busy little worker bee!
yeah I sent her mine!
36.gif
I have a pear shaped stone that I think she can do some magic with. We shall see!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
That’s awesome. Will the pear be pointed up/down or set sideways? What colour is it?

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Julia does fabulous work. Please share handshots when you receive the ring.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - I think either would be gorgeous but I''d vote for pink. My ideal stone for this ring would have been either a gorgeous sapphire (my birthstone but too expensive) or a pink garnet or tourmaline. I had a pink tourmaline I almost sent her, but I didn''t think it was nice enough for this setting.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:39:49 AM
Author: Chrono
Arcadian,
That’s awesome. Will the pear be pointed up/down or set sideways? What colour is it?
Its my spess pear that I''ve not set. Most of my rings have halos and have to admit that this one just didn''t look right in one.

Katie''s ring has that open bezel that I really like and should let some light in the bottom of the stone, so I really like that thought over a more traditional bezel setting.

No idea about where the pear will point. I sent julia a picture of it, and will let her decide.

-A

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s what I love about this design - the open bezel will allow you to bezel stones that may have been too dark otherwise.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I am hunting down a cushion for this ring! If someone beats me to it please post a pic!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 1:46:10 PM
Author: TravelingGal
If she does that in platinum or WG, I think she''s going to have a lot of ering requests on her hands. I like it in some ways better than the JM (although Coati''s ring will always be a fave of mine).

It''s perfect and stunning!!

I had to come back and drool again-and now it makes me want to eeny meeny miney mo between this and JM for my ering!! Or maybe she''d be able to do something similar to the CM I wanted originally. ARGH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results