carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Photos from a little WF birdie!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Smashing! :love: Thank you for posting neck shots--very beautiful!

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1407192104|3726034 said:
Gorgeous necklace! Is it for every day wear? As for the neck, get so Olay product and sunscreen and it will be all prettied up in no time :)
Hi AprilBaby! :wavey:

Well, I suppose if I lived in a castle, I'd wear it everyday. Haha! No, definitely a special occasion piece. I originally wore it for my wedding.

And, I appreciate your optimistic enthusiasm, but I'm afraid I'm beyond Olay and sunscreen! ;(

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
bbziggy|1407195300|3726067 said:
I love your new reset!!! I loved your old necklace too.I hope you love wearing it because it looks amazing on you!
You have given me inspiration for resetting my original pear ER. My stone is 2.35CT. I would love something like your lovely piece! :appl: :appl:
Hi bbziggy! :wavey:

Go for it! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I had a hard time deciding exactly - there are quite a few pear pendant inspiration necklaces out there. :love:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Muluver|1407190077|3726014 said:
It's beyond beautiful and elegant! :love: Your neck looks plenty young but people will be too distracted by that necklace to pay attention to the neck anyway! ;-)
HAHA!! :lol: :lol: Thanks!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1407195980|3726073 said:
Thanks for indulging us with before and after pics! It looks fabulous! What tweaks are you thinking about making to it?
Hi mom2boys! :wavey:

Minor tweaks include the clasp and tightening up the connection between the baguette, princess, and pear. It still flips a little because the connections allow for too much rotation.

Thanks for checking in Sharon and Andelain! So glad you like the necklace!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so gorgeous, Starry!!!! :love: I am wondering if the too much rotation is because of the number of links between each of the pieces. I almost think this design would work better with less space between the three pieces. I haven't gone back to look at the inspiration piece yet, but I did not recall it having that much space between the diamonds.

onidracs

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this !!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1407215607|3726272 said:
That is so gorgeous, Starry!!!! :love: I am wondering if the too much rotation is because of the number of links between each of the pieces. I almost think this design would work better with less space between the three pieces. I haven't gone back to look at the inspiration piece yet, but I did not recall it having that much space between the diamonds.
Hi DS! :wavey:

Thanks! Yes, I think you are exactly right. In addition to the loops fixed to the baskets, there are 2 small chain links in between each of the diamonds. I had to get my loupe out to see them. I think if there were maybe one small link or if the diamonds were looped together, there would be less room for rotation.

In the inspiration necklace, the diamonds were very close to one another. However, the chain was a little different too - it had abutting diamonds. I like the spacing on my necklace, but it can be tightened up too. I wonder if the 2 small links could be fused together so they are a stiff element. Maybe that would work? Whatever is the best way to minimize flipping.

Thanks onidracs and motownmama!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1407181190|3725938 said:
I hesitate posting my neck shots because I need some serious skin tightening compared to my neck from 7 years ago! Maybe a chemical peel too! Pictures don't lie, that's for sure.

I'm actually sending the necklace back for a few minor tweaks, but wanted to give you some eye candy in the meantime. :))

BEFORE:

pearnecklace1_3.jpg

AFTER:

neck_shot2.jpg
neck_shot1.jpg

a.) good heavens that's a beautiful necklace!

b.) your neck looks young & perfect.
When you get to be my age you will look back and appreciate that truth : )
Enjoy being beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did go back and look at the inspiration piece, and I think there are no extra links between them. So if they will just connect the link from one element to the next, it should fix the problem. I'd want them to be able to move, but they should not have extra links between them. Here is a three element necklace that appears to be made a good way.

Oh, and I will second what Jimmianne said about enjoying the time you have a young and lovely neck! That is why I am focused on 36" necklaces now! :lol:

_21057.jpg

_21058.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you will forgive one more idea, I think you could go with a slightly smaller princess in the middle. I really love the proportions of the three elements in the yellow pear necklace I posted.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1407250271|3726448 said:
a.) good heavens that's a beautiful necklace!

b.) your neck looks young & perfect.
When you get to be my age you will look back and appreciate that truth : )
Enjoy being beautiful!
Thanks Jimmianne!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1407253019|3726469 said:
If you will forgive one more idea, I think you could go with a slightly smaller princess in the middle. I really love the proportions of the three elements in the yellow pear necklace I posted.
That is a lovely necklace! I like the illusion of the kite-shaped diamond and the illusion of the shield. Very clever. I love the back too. It really looks like a stable pendant. Thank you for posting it.

IRL, I'm actually quite happy with the princess. It's a very lively stone and has a pretty star pattern when set on its points. What is really astounding is how different jewelry can look IRL vs. a static photograph. The sense of depth to a piece is something that is hard to capture. When you add that component with this princess IRL, it looks very complimentary to the pear. The baguette is sized well too.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, it's gorgeous and a huge improvement from before. :love: :love: :love:

Looks great on your lovely neck too. :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love pears for pendants. Your redesign looks fab, and as soon as you sort out the flipping problem, you should wear it everyday. :D
Btw, your neck looks the same to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very true about photos not doing justice! The fact that you have seen it and like the proportions is all that matters! I think it is gorgeous and will be perfect once they do these tweaks! I have a few pear pendant pics saved, including yours, for the future wishlist!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1407269467|3726660 said:
Very true about photos not doing justice! The fact that you have seen it and like the proportions is all that matters! I think it is gorgeous and will be perfect once they do these tweaks! I have a few pear pendant pics saved, including yours, for the future wishlist!
Thanks DS! I hope the tweaks don't take too long. It seems to be a busy time over at WF.

Here is another pear necklace by David Rosenberg that I thought about using for inspiration. It was a tough choice because this is very pretty and timeless too. Just add it to your collection. :)

pear_necklace_david_rosenberg.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
cflutist|1407265213|3726621 said:
OMG, it's gorgeous and a huge improvement from before. :love: :love: :love:

Looks great on your lovely neck too. :appl:
Thanks flutist! I think it's a huge improvement too. Even though I liked the old design, I'm glad I made the change. Now if I could just get my old neck back.

BTW, it's always a treat to see you! :))

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1407266803|3726634 said:
Gorgeous! I love pears for pendants. Your redesign looks fab, and as soon as you sort out the flipping problem, you should wear it everyday. :D
Btw, your neck looks the same to me.
And you are my best friend today! Although you may want to visit the eye doctor. Hee-hee!

Thanks JaneSmith. I'm working on my ACA RB re-set, which will be my everyday necklace. I'm keeping this for more special occasions.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starry, I may just have just forgotten, but what are you wearing for an e-ring now?

That DR necklace is beautiful, too! I like the little pear at the top as well!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1407341419|3727247 said:
Starry, I may just have just forgotten, but what are you wearing for an e-ring now?
:Up_to_something:

It's a secret.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1407345397|3727278 said:

It's a secret.

Sttoooop it! :saint: SPILL! :bigsmile:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1407373102|3727598 said:
starryeyed|1407345397|3727278 said:

It's a secret.

Sttoooop it! :saint: SPILL! :bigsmile:

Just had to add that I really loved your old asscher ring! :love: Would love to see what you are wearing now as your ER, especially since you have such impeccable taste in jewelry! :cheeky:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Haha! I'm a little funny about my e-ring. I LOVE DIAMONDS and PS is a wonderfully supportive community. So much so that I fear I would easily hop on the upgrade/re-set bandwagons! Knowing myself all too well, I could get sucked into that very easily.

For me, not posting my e-ring helps me to keep it immune from the upgrade & re-set bugs. For me, my e-ring is sacrosanct because it was a gift from my DH. We searched together, took a trip to NY together, visited the cutter's offices together, and designed the setting together. It was a magical experience and I cherish the memory.

Would I love a 6-carat ring or something? Of course! But I don't want to go down that road. I think every gal looks at her finger at some point and wonders about a bigger diamond or adding diamonds or a different shape diamond or a different setting, etc. Not posting about my e-ring helps me to not cave to that impulse. That's important to me.

The diamonds I buy myself are fair game - I'm less protective of them. Heck, I'm already beginning to wonder if I should upgrade my studs! :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1407507860|3728531 said:
Haha! I'm a little funny about my e-ring. I LOVE DIAMONDS and PS is a wonderfully supportive community. So much so that I fear I would easily hop on the upgrade/re-set bandwagons! Knowing myself all too well, I could get sucked into that very easily.

For me, not posting my e-ring helps me to keep it immune from the upgrade & re-set bugs. For me, my e-ring is sacrosanct because it was a gift from my DH. We searched together, took a trip to NY together, visited the cutter's offices together, and designed the setting together. It was a magical experience and I cherish the memory.

Would I love a 6-carat ring or something? Of course! But I don't want to go down that road. I think every gal looks at her finger at some point and wonders about a bigger diamond or adding diamonds or a different shape diamond or a different setting, etc. Not posting about my e-ring helps me to not cave to that impulse. That's important to me.

The diamonds I buy myself are fair game - I'm less protective of them. Heck, I'm already beginning to wonder if I should upgrade my studs! :naughty:

So, that is NO to pictures/details, then? :rodent:

I respect your decision and like the sentiment. I wish I had such an attachment to my ER!

Wear it in health!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1407508842|3728544 said:

I respect your decision and like the sentiment. I wish I had such an attachment to my ER!

Wear it in health!
Please don't be offended! It's all me. :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness! That necklace is DREAMY!! I liked the original version too, but this is even more elegant! I hope that WF can fix the flipping issue and get it back on your neck lickety split!!

nysurg

Rough_Rock
That necklace is amazing!!! I like the older one but LOVE the reset!

I am a doctor and have to say your neck looks pretty young! :)

Enjoy and wear it in good health!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1407519533|3728648 said:
canuk-gal|1407508842|3728544 said:

Wear it in health!
Please don't be offended! It's all me. :))

Not offended in the least--I understand. That was all "me" being pedantic. Love your necklace--can't wait to see the other reset! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results