shape
carat
color
clarity

Photomicrograph H&A and Optical Brilliance Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luisleal13

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody!

I have a question hope you can help me with:

I am deciding between two diamonds and after considering all the aspects about cut, color, clarity, etc., etc., etc. they are both very similiar, but I find this differences:

The first stone, looking at the pictures taken with a photomicrograph shows perfect H&A and the second stone not so perfect H&A

On the other side, the stone with the perfect H&A shown on the picture shows a little bit more light leakage accorging to the Optical Brilliance Analysis than the stone with the not so perfect H&A.

Considering these two conecpts.....which is better? perfect H&A with little bit more leakage or not so perfect H&A but less leakage?

Any comments are appreciated
21.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you post the images?
From your description I cant pin down the type of images or the differences between the 2 diamonds.
I will PM you my email address if want to email them to me I can post them for you.

vadim_s

Rough_Rock
I am glad you have all this data, once you post the images we will be able to help you. How do they look to your eyes? Have you seen them side by side? Just curious, if you could see the difference in performace between the two that you can describe.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The one that's better is the one that looks pretty in your eyes and has a good price. Just my 2 cents. All this analysis is just overkill in my opinion after a certain point.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
get the one that you like better.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1st

luisleal13.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd

2luisleal13.gif

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Those grading documents look like they are GCAL and if they are, I have a question directed to anyone who might be able to give an explanation about the Optical Brilliance Analysis metric.

To me it looks like some type of light leakage analysis or conversely light return, perhaps under a direct lighting environment or is it diffuse? White seems to indicate light return and the blue is light leakage presumeably. The reason I ask is because I have looked at two stones which rate in the "98-100 %" brilliance rating via this metric and compared them to Ideal Scope evaluation and I find that the ideal scope seems to indicate more leakage than 2% of the face up view.

The diamonds are indeed very pleasing to the eye but I have found that because the ideal scope is interactive (ie I can turn the stone in a variety of angles), it gave me a very clear indication of how blatant the leakage gets when one of my stones is tilted even a few degrees... which is something that I clearly noticed with my own two eyes once I started wearing it in a ring. I am thankfully starting to have an "eye" for diamond performance from direct visual inspection but I would really love to know more about this measurement for light return
34.gif

Regards,
Scott

luisleal13

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help regarding the images strmrdr!!!!!!!

I really appreciate it.

I would really appreciate some comments from the experts and also non-experts on these two stones.....which ones seems to be better considering all the aspects???? (including the inclusions).

Thanks a lot!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
not a lot of time, busy day.
There isnt that Iv found a good tutorial on those images.
My take looking at the images:
White is leakage, if you look around the girdle you will see the same V shaped areas as an ideal-scope image, blue and red are light return likely from different angles.
I like the second one better.

Those images arent suitable for grading h&a.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results