shape
carat
color
clarity

Photographer set up models and scenes, amazing recreations of historic London

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a photographer, I'm trying to visualize the massive amount of detailed work here ... researching, setting up the scenes, models, makeup, hair, costumes, the lighting. :oops2::oops2::oops2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can I say this without sounding like - I dunno - a snob or something? Call me a curmudgeon. A lot of what could be considered nostalgic art just rubs me the wrong way. I know that comes largely from having been somewhat immersed in the land of jigsaw puzzles. Nostalgic themes seem to be very popular in jigsaw puzzles - imagined images of grandmothers baking cookies with the kiddos, happy families shopping in old-fashioned toy stores, teeny-boppers rocking in a record store. Gag me. Part of my reaction has to do with the fact that these scenes are almost always cut-and-paste “art”. But part of it is also has to do with a suspicion that the nostalgia the art is is really invoking is a longing for a simpler time when people like you and me - a gay man and a minority woman - didn’t have to be seen and dealt with every day. And the world was therefore a happier place. (I have to admit that lately, some of these artists have started to add a few racial minorities in their happy pictures.)

What this woman has achieved is certainly a marvel - but a part of me wants to scream that it’s just a gimmick, a very complex way of recapturing what was on the surface a less complex time.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I don't share it, I have no issue with your perspective. :))
Perspectives just vary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results