shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo thank you cards

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who have or are thinking about making photo thank you cards, where did or will you order them from? I have been looking extensively and I can only find ones that are either glossy flat cards or have borders/text on them. I know I am picky, but I want matte cards on high-quality linen finish paper. Anyone know where to find such a thing? TIA!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I looked around a little bit because I am about to start shopping for ours as well. It looks like mpix and Black River Imaging have something similar to what you are looking for. Mpix definitely has the linen paper and it looks like their standard photo option is matte and they charge extra for gloss? They way it is presented is a little confusing though.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
no, I don''t know. I made mine on Hallmark website. they arrived today and came out lovely.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t know where to find what you are looking for! i know that we are either going to send photo christmas cards with our thank you notes written inside, or we will just send our thank you''s on foldover informals embossed with my initials, and then we will slip a picture from the wedding inside.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Matte on linen sounds beautiful! Our photographer will also be printing ours, so I''m not sure where you could get them commercially done. Any chance you have a photographer who offers the option?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
With a quick glance it seems that Vista Print has the option of matte and linen finish.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
mpix, vistaprint, shutterfly, or iprint. One thing I''d add though is that I''m pretty sure printing on linen paper provides a matte finish. Matte photopaper also provides a similar finish however it is on photopaper. I hope that makes sense. I think I am going to use iprint.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We used a professional printer (that printed our STDs and Invitations) and we asked them to use linen paper.

Ours say Thank you printed on the photo, but we wanted it to look that way... Here is what ours looked like. They were folded cards and this was the front and we wrote the thank you notes inside...

HotchkissThanks.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I purchased ours through Magnet Street. They are a linen card and they have many designs to choose from or you can design your own and upload it. We also used this company for our save the date magnets. They both came quickly and were great with any questions that I had. I used one of their designs for the thank you cards and uploaded my own design for the magnets. Here is a picture of what our thank you cards look like:

Rachiethankyou1.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Huge thanks to Morgie44, noelwr, cocolaw, rhbgirl24, Erinleigh, Clairitek, emeraldlover1, WannaBMrsH, and Rachie!

I loved seeing yours WannaBMrsH and Rachie because it reaffirms that I want them more than the letterpress ones we had initially ordered. Yours both look great! My DH definitely wants one that opens like a card, so I am really happy to see that was possible.

Our photographer could print them but they would take longer (and I would like to have them out in the next few weeks) and they are much more expensive than if I found an online sight to do them.

I think we are going to order a proof from iprint and mpix and then go with the one that looks the best. Thanks, again, for the suggestions!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results