shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo albums are old news...use your diamond instead

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weird. I think I''ll take my pics on either paper or the computer please.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 1:05:35 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Weird. I think I''ll take my pics on either paper or the computer please.

yes.
I''ll let my diamond be a diamond.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif

You have got to be kidding me!!
23.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Are regular ol'' diamonds getting boring for people that they feel the need to put stuff inside them? Really? I think when a diamond becomes boring to me - that probably means that I am dead.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Crazy, I could never do that... Poor little diamond
7.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting concept. I wonder how successful it'll be.

It's not something I would do and I wouldn't want to buy a stone with another person's photos on it either. I'm not sure I understand the point. If you were to recut, chip or reset the stone then you chance covering up a photo. Only you can see the photo really and only with the photo viewer. I mean, what to you say:

A: Ohh, you're back from your honeymoon! I'd love to see photos of your wedding!

B: Sure! Hang on just a second, I'll grab the viewer, it's just in my handbag...Okay, if you look between this prong here and this one over here you can see our first kiss. Put the viewer a little closer to your eye...a little closer...OH MY GOD, don't drop my ring!!...Can you see the photo? My grandmother was having a bit of trouble with the viewer but I think it's easy to see.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
40.gif
33.gif
14.gif

QOTDR

Rough_Rock
Hey, at least you could identify your diamond right away if you thought it was switched out
9.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Addy...pretty funny summary.
36.gif

Your post got me thinking...if you have your wedding photo placed on your stone, when (oops) the divorce comes...you just have the stone recut and have him removed from the image. People have that done all the time with photos and then there are the tattoos...yes, you are going to loose carat-age...but a simple recut will take away what ails you.
2.gif

I think a photo on the stone stating if found please notify authorities. Or please return to ....I suppose this returns us back to the brilliant idea another PSer came up with of adding a GPS chip to your stone/jewelry. That way if it is lost, stolen OR THROWN AWAY you can just activate the system and be reunited once again with your beloved.

Reunited and it feels so good...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Now that I think about it, this reminds me of the thread about how you could turn your dead relatives into diamonds. After you do that, you can imprint photos of them all over it as well! Hooray! That''s not creepy at all!
36.gif

41.gif
14.gif
(still)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 1:04:29 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Now that I think about it, this reminds me of the thread about how you could turn your dead relatives into diamonds. After you do that, you can imprint photos of them all over it as well! Hooray! That's not creepy at all!
36.gif

41.gif
14.gif
(still)

MWAH ha HA!
That's very good!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that I think about it, this reminds me of the thread about how you could turn your dead relatives into diamonds. After you do that, you can imprint photos of them all over it as well! Hooray! That''s not creepy at all!
36.gif

41.gif
14.gif
(still)

You know, we had a huge discussion about the whole LifeGem thing when I was in my Psych of Death and Dying class. We all decided that it was a bit odd, and really kind of creepy. However, you start with a diamond made from a person and then start adding pics of the person on the stone-that''s TOTALLY over the top creepy!

Now I love me some sparklies-but there is NO WAY I would want to be made into a diamond. And then have my picture on it?! Uh, no.

However, getting a pic that says: "This diamond belongs to Mrs. Donna Jones. Please notify the police if said person is not who has possession of this diamond." -great idea DKS!!!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif

41.gif
14.gif
(still)

My mom''s friend did that Lifegem thing for her husand that passed away. It was a little wierd to touch it..or I guess I could call it "Bill".

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Well, now, that''s just flat-out creepy!

I''d lose the dang viewer thingy in a matter of days, so no one would be able to see my immortalized moments, anyways.

So, any takers so we can see how this works???

Seriously...there''s GOT to be at least one taker out there...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I would do that to my diamond but I do think it''s kind of cool that it''s possible.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You can''t make this stuff up
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results