shape
carat
color
clarity

Phone Addiction

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My name is MRBXXXFVVS1 and I am a phone addict.

Does anyone else suffer from phone addiction, or have a SO or child who does? I certainly do and it's gotten worse with COVID (nothing else to do). Mine is bad enough I have repetitive stress injury and flare ups. I shouldn't be using my phone now as my arms hurt, but I can't put it down!

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet.
I've only had my fartphone and data plan a few days.

Just give me time.
I'll probably end up another wretched heroin addict wallowing in the gutter. :knockout:

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm addicted to my laptop. I rarely use my phone for anything other than maps and the camera. Texts annoy me as much as phone calls and if I have to text, I prefer using my laptop.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phone and laptop. Some of the time is productive but a lot of it is a waste :/. I limit fb and Instagram but can go down a rabbit hole on random trivia for an hour without realizing where the time went. Working on it :wavey:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m on my iPad all the time and my phone if out and about! Shopping, browsing, banking, getting the news, everything.

And every teenager I know is glued to their phone, if not actually staring at the screen then holding it or keeping it close in a pocket. Normal life now, I guess.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my phone so much as the internet.
My phone is but a conduit to the internet.
It sucks me in like a black hole. :lol:

needhelp.gif

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Laptop.
I get the news, weather, audiobooks, forums...but I don't watch TV at all. Still am on the net waaay too much...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not addicted but my DH is the worst!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I love the internet It never becomes a problem for me. I can leave it alone (not look at it or my notifications) when my DH and I are talking to each other or with friends and family, I make it work for me not the other way around. So while I love the instant gratification and the info I know when to leave it be and enjoy the company of who I am with at the time. I know the internet will be there for me when I am ready. That's the great thing about the internet. It's available 24/7. :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes and I feel really bad about it. It feels plain weird not to have it in my hand.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely addicted to my phone. I use it for everything. I’m on social media but I find I use my phone for emails, texts, shopping, banking, PS, loupetroop browsing, kindle reading, game apps, reading the news, checking the weather, basically everything I used to use my laptop or desktop for.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use all of my devices for work purposes as well as personal use. ‍♀️ shrug what am I supposed to do?

At 9 pm I make my 8 year old get off her devices. (Phone, watch, tv) and we’re both done on the nights I have her. When I don’t have her two times a week yeah I’m on every device and watching every screen...bc I’m working.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My teens are on their phones 24/7, so much that I have a house rule that all they have to turn in their phones to me at bedtime. My husband and I are old school, we are fine without carrying our phones 24/7. Most of the time, that is the cause of contention, because we DON'T always have our phones on us when we leave the house.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My phone is not a source of interest for me. I don't really know why I have one. I use my laptop more than I should considering I use a computer at work--I really don't need any more computer time.

cheers--Sharon

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I leave my phone alone most of the time--I use it mostly for calls and occasional texting.
I prefer to use my laptop or tablet for checking the news or investments and travel planning.
I use them a lot but I don't think I am addicted. I don't do any social media because, for me, I don't think it is healthy. I do love the internet and feel I probably spend too much time online but much of it is doing things like researching travel, home improvements and keeping up with world events.

We eat meals together every day and when any of the adult kids are here they know that there are no phones at the table. That is a pet peeve of mine. Meal time is sacrosanct and if I make a nice meal you don't disrespect it by not focusing on the meal and the company.
It makes me sad when I see people in a restaurant all staring at their screens and not interacting with one another, especially if there are young kids at the table. They are learning that adults ignore them for screens.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
TBH I’m addicted to both my phone and iPad. It really is a lifeline for me..I don’t keep the tv on when my son, who has autism, is on the main floor with me. He’s been home from his Sheltered workshop because of Covid..so my day revolves around him. I use my phone when I’m waiting for him to take a bath, etc...I’m usually on here, Amazon, or browsing bling. It keeps me sane...I get my news from my iPad or I wouldn’t know what was going on in the world. I’m addicted but for me it’s good. I don’t have time to talk on the phone a lot so it’s just an avenue to the internet..haha

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still prefer to use my desktop as the monitor is so much easier to see. However, I do use my phone quite a bit too. Like Missy, it is not the device but the internet that draws me in. Whatever little thing crosses my mind, I google. So fascinating to have that much information at your fingertips! Don't know if addiction describes me but I do spend a considerable amount of time online.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TBH I’m addicted to both my phone and iPad. It really is a lifeline for me..I don’t keep the tv on when my son, who has autism, is on the main floor with me. He’s been home from his Sheltered workshop because of Covid..so my day revolves around him. I use my phone when I’m waiting for him to take a bath, etc...I’m usually on here, Amazon, or browsing bling. It keeps me sane...I get my news from my iPad or I wouldn’t know what was going on in the world. I’m addicted but for me it’s good. I don’t have time to talk on the phone a lot so it’s just an avenue to the internet..haha

This pretty much sums it up for me.

My kid is a smart and mischievous 22 m/o who'd be harming herself in her multiple adventures without my close supervision. So I get my news/bling/shopping fixes in the waiting times in front of school/activities/curbside pickups etc etc....

ETA: one big hug and a huge super mom medal for your devotion to your son. My close friend is in the same situation and I know how much love, work, devotion it takes every single day

❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This pretty much sums it up for me.

My kid is a smart and mischievous 22 m/o who'd be harming herself in her multiple adventures without my close supervision. So I get my news/bling/shopping fixes in the waiting times in front of school/activities/curbside pickups etc etc....

ETA: one big hug and a huge super mom medal for your devotion to your son. My close friend is in the same situation and I know how much love, work, devotion it takes every single day

❤️

Thank you @kipari..XOXO

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phone I don’t care about but I am 100% addicted to my iPad.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm an internet addict. But Its also how I make money, so, I guess that at least makes some sense.

Most of the time my phone is dead...lol I charge it up about once a week these days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results