shape
carat
color
clarity

Perplexed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Restless

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this forum and hope that you can give me some piece of mind. I have been going out with my bf for almost two years now. We met and he said he wanted to marry me after 3 months of dating. I told him that I would love to get married but I wanted to wait until its been a year before getting engaged. I knew he was the one, but my parents are conservative and wouldn''t want me to jump into marriage after dating someone for 3 months. Plus we are fairly young, I thought that having extra time to know each other would not hurt. So I was expecting the engagement on our one year anniversary but nothing happened. Then I waited for my birthday, our trips, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then Valentines day and again, no engagement.

My bf and I talk about marriage and we have already spoken about venues however I keep on wondering to myself where''s the ring. What do you think the hold up is? We haven''t gone ring shopping but I told him what I wanted. I''m getting impatient and worried that it might not happen anytime soon. Do you think that I made him wait too long?
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, Restless!
35.gif

Honestly... just ask him. We can speculate up and down all day, but the fact of the matter is is that he''s the only one who knows.

I would think that someone who wanted to marry you at 3 months would still want to marry you at 2 years, or would have left the relationship by now. If you made him wait too long... well... then he should have left.

Time for a serious conversation about where, if anywhere, this relationship is headed!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Hi Restless, I def wouldn''t say you made him wait too long! Wanting to date for at least a year before engagement I think is very logical. A lot of my friends think they''re going to marry someone they just started seeing and then it ends a few months later, I think people get caught up in the excitement of a new relationship. Have you discussed wedding/engagement dates? I think you should just ask him what time frame he''s thinking, he may also want to keep it a big surprise and that''s why he hasn''t brought up specifics. I think talking will just be the best way to clear everything up.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
rings are expensive... maybe he''s saving....
33.gif

I''d just bring it up to him, and next time you want to go to the mall to buy new shoes (or whatever) just pull him into a jewelry store with you to break the ice... all impromptu like. You can tell him if you''d prefer for him to buy online, or somewhere else, but that way you can see what you like in person, and get those juices flowing!

35.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
Guys are weird sometimes. Have you asked him?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just casually ask...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results