shape
carat
color
clarity

Periwinkle blue Montana sapphire engagement ring!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beatiful sapphire and setting. Congrats! I much prefer the lighter blue sapphires and yours has incredible sparkle.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its just beautiful Chloe! Thank you for coming back and posting pictures :appl:

Lovely setting and the colour is amazing - it really does change a lot in different lighting situations. You will NEVER be bored with your gorgeous sapphire! Congratulations!

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all very much for your kind comments, VapidLapid, marymm, Chrono, minousbijoux, YayTacori, yanaazul, LisaRN, and Enerchi!

We are both really happy with how the ring turned out! I feel like the stone looks even better in the setting, if for no other reason than that I can safely see it in so many more lighting conditions without worrying about it getting dropped-- it definitely changes shades and even saturation in different lighting conditions (middle of the afternoon on a sunny summer day produces my favorite, a vivid bright periwinkle shade that I still have never managed to take pictures of (I never remember my camera). But I've got a long time to take pictures of it, lucky for me. :D I'm really pleased with the shade (and of course the fabulous cut) of this Montana sapphire, though I still have a weak spot for the blue-green ones-- and a deep appreciation of the beautiful cornflower blue sapphires as well (they just aren't for me)!

Thank you for sharing this journey with us! We've got a bit less than 6 months left before the wedding. :mrgreen:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Chloe. The bezel really brings out the color and faceting work. Lovely.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I missed this before. I love it! Congratulations! I completely get not fully appreciating colors until the stone was safely in a setting. For fear of droppage my stone never left my house til it was set.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the handshot: congrats! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love Gene's stones, :love: :love: I could tell it was his before I even read your description.

He does amazing work, and his online pics look exactly how the stone will appear in real life.

Your stone is a treasure, wear it in good health and enjoy it for a lifetime. :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love your ring! The bezel and the details on the band are so pretty. Congrats!

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, maebelle! I didn't see your thread (I haven't had much time for pricescope lately, unfortunately), but your ring is just beautiful!

Thanks moviezombie, iLander (I loooove Gene's cutting too-- this stone sparkles in ANY light, and thank you so much for the kind wishes), and derbygirl (we love the setting as well, it's a little different but still has the overall design and shape that I favor).

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
what a gorgeous, perfectly periwinkle color!! the ring is so unique, love the detailing on the shank. congrats on your engagement!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one ring I don't get tired of! So purty!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I totally missed this before. I'm so glad it got bumped up!

I LOVE this ring. It is gorgeous! I love Montanas and yours is a beautiful example of one. Such a pretty color and so sparkly. The setting is unique but totally able to stand the test of time. The ring is a total package. It's just great.

I also love that you demonstrated without a doubt that a ring with a practical budget can be EVERY BIT as beautiful (if not more so) than rings costing twice or even ten times as much. Everyone will assume you spent way way more than you did-- and you easily could have on truly the exact same thing if you hadn't been so savvy.

This thread made my night. There's nothing I love more than a gorgeous sparkler and there's nothing I admire more than good sense. When you combine the two, daaaaang. I feel happy.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I am so glad you posted! I always loved the center stone, and that setting is beautiful with it!

Tell me, what will your wedding band look like?

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
I didn't see the latest batch of replies, sorry!

Thank you so much pandabee and minousbijoux for your kind comments!

Your comments are so sweet, velouriaL, they especially made my night, in reverse! Thank you! :mrgreen: One of the things my fiance said when we got the ring was "Everyone is going to think I spent a lot of money on this!" I do think we put in more time/ sweat equity, so to speak, instead of money, but for us, it was absolutely worth it. It really makes me value the ring more, both as a symbol of our relationship and working together, but also to demonstrate our ability to just keep working on it until we find the best solution for our particular situation. There is not a single stone or setting I'd rather have (and certainly not for the our budget). I didn't end up having to compromise on anything except the amount of time it took (and that mother nature itself thwarted my boyfriend's original proposal plan... there has not been a single year before that it did not snow all winter, until the year he wanted snow to propose)!

FrekeChild, thank you so much! For the wedding band, I was originally leaning toward an bezel-set eternity ring with diamonds or moissanites (with about a 2mm total width-- maybe from whiteflash if they'd do palladium). Then I got a cheap one that was like the setting I envisioned to see if I liked it in practice from that rhodium-plated sterling/ CZ site (don't recall the URL right now), but I'm really not an eternity ring person, at least not in combination with this band (which is very slim, it makes it comfortable despite the texture on the outside of the ring).

So, now I'm leaning toward getting the matching wedding band (http://www.etsy.com/listing/69265353/narrow-pine-branch-twig-wedding-ring-14k) but in 950 palladium so it will match the engagement ring, from Elizabeth Scott-- she was fantastic to work with, and I know it will be well made. We should probably start figuring that out soon, it's going on less than 5 and a half months left before the wedding! We're thinking that he might get the wider version of the same ring, but maybe not in 950 palladium-- I think yellow gold might work better with his skin tone.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous, and a great lesson in how less supposedly ideal colors can 1) come with a lower price tag and 2) can can compete with or even make their "ideal" counterparts seem more corny than cornflower... Congratulations.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, there many other pretty colours that aren't considered ideal but what does it matter if it's not what you are looking for? Yours is one of the few non trade desired colours that I enjoy looking at time and time again. The precision cutting brings out the best of the sapphire and the elegant setting seals the deal.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much corundum corundum and Chrono! :oops: You are so kind, seriously!

I am really glad that we did go with precision cutting in the end-- for someone who likes a really lively and flashy stone, it was definitely worth the higher price and the limited quantities.

My fiance and I were looking at wedding bands the other day, and he really likes the damascus steel bands. I'm not sure if that's going to be possible for me (nickel allergy really does make jewelry shopping a lot more difficult :angryfire: ), but I might do a mokume gane band with palladium and silver or rose gold... It won't be a perfect match with the style of the engagement ring, but I think wood grain next to a branch ring might be an enjoyable match for me. :bigsmile:

gregorymaz

Rough_Rock
Hi Chloeishere,

I absolutely love your ring. In all my searching this is the first one I have seen that has jumped out as "the style" that I know my partner would love. I love the sort of 'natural vintage' look it pops with to me. May I ask you what size ring you wear? I am just trying to gauge the total size of the 1.15 carat weight in relation to the total ring and finger size.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful - I am so glad you cam back to show us the result! :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Looks gorgeous! Totally my style ring, from the stone, the bezel setting, and organic details of band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results