shape
carat
color
clarity

People with halos, any regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 2:20:11 PM
Author: lakai

Date: 9/12/2008 1:05:56 PM
Author: Kelli
I''m not a man either. But why would you not put a high quality diamond in a halo? It seems to me that if someone loves that design, and went all out on the perfect diamond, why not also put it in the perfect setting?

I expected this kind of response ahead of time which is why I asked the question to men hehe. I''m not implying anything so please take it easy on me.

My reasoning for the question is because I have a few friends who have went beyond their intended budget and bought large F/VVS grade stones and were kind of disappointed when their fiances wanted halo settings. They just felt like halo settings somewhat divert the attention away from the center stone and felt well... like they wasted their money.
I think guys don''t like halos as much, at least my fiance preferred the simple classic Tiffany setting. He thought the halo detracted from the center stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2008 1:16:47 PM
Author: LostieLovesBling

Date: 9/15/2008 10:27:20 AM
Author: ericad
seems to me a bezel may cause the diamond to look less white from a face up position simply due to the contrast of a platinum bezel around the warmer colored diamond.

Yep, Erica. Ari told me that the platinum bezel would reflect the color within the stone so it will face up with more color.
I have an J coloured OEC that is bezeled in platinum and I think it actually looks whiter.
33.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I love my halo and wouldn''t ever want anything else. If in ten years I feel that it looks dated, I''ll reset. But as for me, I wasn''t going to get a solitaire setting just to save my future fashion sense. So there.
28.gif

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 7:53:32 PM Author: LostieLovesBling

Date: 9/15/2008 10:27:20 AM
Yep, Erica. Ari told me that the platinum bezel would reflect the color within the stone so it will face up with more color.

I have an J coloured OEC that is bezeled in platinum and I think it actually looks whiter.
33.gif

I am no expert, but that is what Ari told me over the phone. I will be meeting him in person on Saturday and will report back :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just reset my RB from a solitaire to a halo setting and I cannot believe the difference! It was pretty before, but it was lacking something. Now that it is in the halo...WOW!

I still love solitaires (always will), but the halo setting seems more feminie to me and that is what I wanted.

So to answer the original question...I have no regrets.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Its so true that you cant set now for the future. Details date no matter what the style is, its unavoidable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results