shape
carat
color
clarity

People that walk their dogs without a leash arrgghh

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I don't think there is much you can do. If they were in a public place leash laws would apply but not in their own home. Some things our neighbors do we just have to try to let go of, I think.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1427809238|3855000 said:
Arcadian!! Another greyhound momma here! Your girl is just gorgeous! She looks so happy! I love black greyhounds and love the white at the tip of her tail!! Such a cool running photo. I have a fawn male who is best friends with the doggie in my avatar!

Jennifer - Such sweetness! We NEED that updated photo, please!

Whoo whoo another sighthound ownee! No matter how elegant they look to most people, they sure can do some derpy stuff! Yesterday it was walking around with half her tongue hanging out. I have no idea why she did it, maybe her tongue was hot... :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1427382985|3852701 said:
It drives me crazy when I see people do this.

I don't care what the leash laws are - I don't care how well trained you think your dog is, it's still an animal that in one second can react the wrong way and jump in front of a car, attack another animal, run away, etc.

So that's how I feel...

Some people just moved across the street and they constantly have their little puppy off a leash. The dog has RAN TO ME from across the street and when the kid came chasing after it, I asked him, with the calmest and friendliest smile I could muster "oh, how come he's not on leash?" to which he responded and his mother jumped right in that he "doesn't move around that much."

Huh hello your dog just RAN across the street.

I've seen them CHASE the dog all the way to the corner, I've seen the dog run circles around another dog on a leash.

I feel like this dog is an accident waiting to happen, none of it his fault. He's either going to cause harm to someone else (from someone veering to not hit him) or kill himself or get injured...or hurt another animal (even though he seems very friendly) :(sad Worse she's teaching her 5-6 year old kid it's OK to do this.

I don't know if to say anything, or HOW. I never come off neutral because I so hate when people do this I can't hide my disapproval in my voice or in my energy. I end up coming across very uptight - which I guess I am.

But I feel I need to do SOMETHING.

Any ideas?

I agree with you - even the best trained dog can still act on instinct. My friend insisted upon riding her bike while her leashed dog would run along side her bike. Despite the obvious dangers/risks, she was convinced that her dog was well leash-trained and posed no threat/risk. Anyone care to guess what happened? The dog spotted something, crossed in front of her while on the leash, and she fell off the bike breaking her collar bone. This was obviously an accident waiting to happen too…
I get irritated with off-leash dogs too. We live on a golf course and I see it all the time. Not only are you NOT supposed to walk your dog on the golf course, but some folks do it off-leash :???: It's frustrating to say the least. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this and I hope that you can find some way to resolve the situation with your neighbor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results