shape
carat
color
clarity

People at work with NOOOOO social graces!!!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I work with a bunch of slobs, with people who have no qualms about their hygiene rituals and ones that just lack good Ol' common sense and thoughtfulness!!!! Per Example:

When you chew Carrots, please close your mouth so I don't hear that "clack" all the time
when you drink coffee or hot soup, i shouldn't hear "slllllllllllllllllurp" 6 cubicles away from mine
When you take the last drop of coffee, please start another pot
When you makes a mess in the microwave or on the counter, don't leave it to the "ladies" to clean it for you
When you want cream in your coffee, bring your own instead of using someone else's, and leave a drop in there when you want some
when you go out and there's someone going in, hold the door open for them
when there is a paper jam in the printer, take care of it
when the printer is out of paper, please fill it
Please, don't clip all of your nails at your desk and pile the clippings on your mouse pad
Also, I don't want to see anyone cleaning their ears at their desk either. Go to the bathroom and do that there ... ok???
please don't leave your dirty dishes in the sink for days hoping someone will do YOUR dishes for you
Brush your hair when you come to work - no one wants to see bed head at work
Stop wearing shirts and skirts that leaves nothing to the imagination
Don't take your shower in perfume - it doesn't cover the normal BO
When you park your car, try to pull in straight rather than crooked and take 2 spaces for yourself
wash your hand when you come out of the bathroom
please don't bring in with you the newspaper to the public restroom and have a reading-pooping session. I thought guys did that ;-)
when you are done look around you and see if there isn't any "belongings" left on the toilet seat
please, flush your business when you are done - i'd like to have lunch
Can you please refrain from talking on the cell phone when you are in the restroom?
Fingers do not belong in nostrils

please... go ahead... add to the list!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Please don't eat broccoli steamed in a microwave every day of the week
Please don't remove printouts from the printer that don't belong to you
Please don't have loud conversations with your friends on the phone
Please wipe down the inside of the microwave if your food splatters everywhere

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
People aren't too bad where I work because it's kind of a tight space for all of us. However, we do have a #1 and a #2 bathroom and if someone goes #2 in the #1....oh booooy do they get in trouble! lol i work with a lot of guys so they tend to stink it up around here a lot. Also the vent from the #2 bathroom goes outside but the a/c vent is right next to it so we think the a/c vent is sucking up the "fumes" and releasing them right over one particular guy's desk. He doesn't think it is very funny. I, on the other hand think it is hilarious!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom said:
Please don't eat broccoli steamed in a microwave every day of the week
Please don't remove printouts from the printer that don't belong to you
Please don't have loud conversations with your friends on the phone
Please wipe down the inside of the microwave if your food splatters everywhere

Please remove your print-outs from the printer in a timely fashion, especially if that printer lives in someone else's office. :halo:

Also:
Please don't barge into someone's office without knocking when their door is closed. It is closed for a reason.
Please don't try to talk to someone while he/she is on the phone with a client.
Please don't interrupt a co-worker's lunch or expect her to stay late to discuss a work project that is NOT urgent.
Please don't leave 1.5 sheets of toilet paper on the roll, just so you don't have to change it.
Please make sure that, if you clog the toilet, you also UN-clog it! :knockout:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
When the rule is to close the door, close the door
Ask before you throw someone's food away
Soda does not go in the freezer

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Is it so much the expect that the public bathroom isn't dripping with water like the inside of a cave every time I need to wash my hands?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Nashville said:
Is it so much the expect that the public bathroom isn't dripping with water like the inside of a cave every time I need to wash my hands?

Hahahahaha! According to Dane Cook, that means a shaggy dog shook off in there :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
random_thought said:
People aren't too bad where I work because it's kind of a tight space for all of us. However, we do have a #1 and a #2 bathroom and if someone goes #2 in the #1....oh booooy do they get in trouble! lol i work with a lot of guys so they tend to stink it up around here a lot. Also the vent from the #2 bathroom goes outside but the a/c vent is right next to it so we think the a/c vent is sucking up the "fumes" and releasing them right over one particular guy's desk. He doesn't think it is very funny. I, on the other hand think it is hilarious!

:-o

Gross.... But very funny.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't remove your false tooth mid-conversation.
If you've got gas, don't stand next to my desk.
If you've got to "adjust yourself" don't do it while standing next to my desk while I'm talking to you.
If I've got a stomach flu (and at work because of your super urgent project), don't order a tuna melt for lunch.
The office is small and the toilet doesn't flush well -- if you've got to get rid of that tuna melt, do it down the hall in the other bathroom.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie said:
Nashville said:

Hahahahaha! According to Dane Cook, that means a shaggy dog shook off in there :bigsmile:

Haha! Is that who said it? My husband says it all the time and I think it's hilarious, because it's true!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
If you have a hideous, hacking cough for two weeks it may be time for you to seek medical help and stop passing it around to your co-workers. We have a cough epidemic going around now - two weeks before I get married. ;( If you are sick, and especially if you are sick and expectorating, STAY HOME!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Oh jeez! I had a woman waiting in my reception area and just whip out a pair of nail clippers and start clipping away. Nails were flying everywhere as I passed by. I had to tell her that it was highly inappropriate to cut her nails in the office.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
1- when its your turn to clean the emplyee restroom then clean it...dont think it will go unnoticed if you skip your turn and that i will clean it extra well because im next on the list.
2-when you sell something please restock the item and dont leave it for the next crew(me)to restock,srtaighten or clean the work area for you!
3-when you start a project then finish it and dont leave it for the morning person to complete because you got busy with customers
4- leave a message explaining a problem that has come up during that shift.
5-dump the gargage when its your turn!
6- dont expect me to help your customers with product knowledge because you are to lazy to research the product.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
did someone already bring up having a cell phone conversation in the restroom, while on the toilet?!? for many long minutes? :errrr:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
How about not yelling (yes YELLING) at people to stfu (not abbreviated) while they are on the phone with higher ups in the company :roll:

Stop stealing my fiances lunch and our pyrex bowls :( at the very least take part of the lunch and not the whole thing... AH DUH! If you were starving, then take his lunch.. now he is starving... grr

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
When you spill milk on the carpet in the teacher's lounge (that is not air conditioned and doesn't have very good ventilation), PLEASE tell maintenance so that they can get the carpet cleaned!!! Sour, rotten milk is a nauseating smell after spring break when it's been festering in the 80 degree weather... :errrr: :knockout:

jas

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: Where the hell are you all working? :shock:
I ask so I never, ever, ever go in any bathrooms in your places of business. Ew.

(I'm laughing so hard here...I know you guys are RIGHTFULLY annoyed by these things ... I'm not trying to be disrespectful.)

Oh and who the f*** takes out a false tooth repeatedly in front of other people? Ewwwwwww. And Hahaha. And ew again.

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
Please don't crack your gum so loudly I can hear it 2 cubes away
Say "excuse me" when going into someone's office who has someone else in there. Don't just stand in the doorway and wait
Empty the K-cup bin on the coffee maker if it says so, don't leave and wait for someone else to do it
Please wear clothes that fit and aren't see through. I really don't want to see your bra and 5 rolls of belly fat ( no offense to any larger women or men on here intended)
Don't close someone else's blinds, we might actually enjoy the sunlight
If you feel the need to eat during a meeting, chew with your mouth closed

And because my office allows pets (really just dogs) to come to work:
Please let HR know ahead of time if you're bringing in a strange dog for the first time, no one likes a suprise
If you are bringing your dog, please make sure it doesn't bark excessivly, isn't aggressive and is potty trained (and not to pee-pads)
If you are bringing in a puppy, make sure you can confine it to your space, no one wants to step on an "accident"
Monitor your dog, even the best trained ones have accidents, and make sure to clean it up properly and dispose of it outside the suite If cleaning up a #1 with a pee pee pad, don't leave it there all day!

haha, I'm actually at work right now and there is a pee-pee pad sitting outside my VP's office, good thing she isn't here today. On the other hand, that puppy is adorable :))

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Amethyste, where do you work? In a cave? :lol: But seriously - :angryfire: I would be so frustrated working with people like that!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux said:

I don't understand why no one does this! It's so gross! blech :sick: :knockout:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
- don't think you are entitled to 50, 10 minute smoke breaks when non smokers only get 1 lunch break
- if you are prepping for me the night before don't prep the way you like and I hate (and you KNOW this), since I have to work there the next few days (heck I prep the way you like it even tho it's really not a good way to run things)
- If I am busy with a customer don't assume I have time to help you with something that you should have done hours ago and are scrambling to get done in a timely fashion
- if food is rotten, THROW it away, do not write a new label on it

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Where do you people work!?

I work in a small law office - 4 attorneys and three staff members including myself.

Most of my peeves revolve around clients.

Do not call the office 5 minutes before we close on Friday with your emergency custody problems. We can't help you. Sorry. If you're not a paying current client you will have to wait until Monday or keep calling around.

Learn to read! My boss has several yellow page ads in the local phone book. We handle bankruptcy cases and domestic realtions cases. Just because the bankruptcy ad says "foreclosure" in it does not mean we represent people in foreclosure cases. Drives. Me. Nuts. The things that filing for bankruptcy helps resolve are listed under the BANKRUPTCY heading.

If you call the office and want to leave a voicemail when we're out that is fine. But please leave your name and number or you won't be getting a call back.

We cannot talk to your mom, girlfriend, brother, cousin, friend, baby mama, etc. about your case without a written consent form from you, our client. No exceptions.

There are so many more! I could go on and on and on. I love my job and helping people but there are days when I think how do these people get by day to day when they can't even follow simple instructions? It is mind boggling sometimes.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux said:

ROFL!!!!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Please don't tell me about your bowel movements. I don't need to know.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DivaDiamond007 said:
Where do you people work!?

I work in a small law office - 4 attorneys and three staff members including myself.

Most of my peeves revolve around clients.

Do not call the office 5 minutes before we close on Friday with your emergency custody problems. We can't help you. Sorry. If you're not a paying current client you will have to wait until Monday or keep calling around.

Learn to read! My boss has several yellow page ads in the local phone book. We handle bankruptcy cases and domestic realtions cases. Just because the bankruptcy ad says "foreclosure" in it does not mean we represent people in foreclosure cases. Drives. Me. Nuts. The things that filing for bankruptcy helps resolve are listed under the BANKRUPTCY heading.

If you call the office and want to leave a voicemail when we're out that is fine. But please leave your name and number or you won't be getting a call back.

We cannot talk to your mom, girlfriend, brother, cousin, friend, baby mama, etc. about your case without a written consent form from you, our client. No exceptions.

There are so many more! I could go on and on and on. I love my job and helping people but there are days when I think how do these people get by day to day when they can't even follow simple instructions? It is mind boggling sometimes.

HA! Diva, I'm a paralegal and I handle bankruptcy and family law, so you "get" me! :bigsmile:

Here's another good one: If you're getting a divorce and you KNOW that your husband has already contacted our law firm to represent him, please DO NOT call us yourself and ask us to represent you! (Seriously, this happened to me on Friday. I was mind-boggled.) :roll:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Reading all these has me cringing! I heart my co-workers, they're all awesome and nobody picks or trims themselves inappropriately or makes huge messes in the lounge or anything.

I did do something horrid once in the lounge years ago. We have this dealer who fishes. Every fishing season he will offer everyone who works here fish. As a newbie, you may stupidly accept a fish. THIS IS A MISTAKE. You never take the fish! If you take *one* fish, he will never, ever stop bringing you huge stinky nasty uncleaned fish. Ever. I took a fish my first year here. And then the fish started pouring in! Every day Jerry would come by with a big icky stinky bag of dripping yucky fish. He caught me outside the lounge and forced the bag o' fish on me. I was late to relieve the next girl for her break so.... I stuck it in the employee fridge. Er. Ooops. I didn't really think that one through real good. The whole fridge reeked of nasty fish yuck for a week and everyone was ready to throttle me. I'd even contaminated the ice cubes with essence du fish. Mmmm. Yummy!

Everyone knew it was me of course, no hiding that! I apologized of course, but the Surprise Fishiness lingered (like the ice cubes- I had no idea that the fish would actually contaminate the ice and the woman who discovered the particular piquance of those ice cubes was not so amused at the time.)

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
jas said:
:shock: Where the hell are you all working? :shock:
Lol I was wondering same thing, ewwww!

Ignoring Hand Sanitizer Drives Me Nuts!!!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Please don't talk so loud that my department knows exactly how much you love your IUD and how it went in :sick:
Please don't smack your gum
Just because you think your voice is pretty doesn't mean that everybody else does

and my favorite

When your in the bathroom, I KNOW that you're going potty on the toilet. Flushing the toilet over and over and over does not cover the fact that I know you're using the toilet. Get over it and just pee!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results