shape
carat
color
clarity

Pending Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
hey all--

Quick update....

They have moved her to a regular room!!! They are looking at keeping her a few more weeks and then she will go to an inpatient treatment center for her physical therapy. She has almost no stamina to keep herself upright up she has gotten in a wheelchair and gotten wheeled around by the nurses. :)

They also stopped her dialysis because they have been giving her the Lasisks and thats been forcing her kidneys to work. So as long as they continue to work, then they will not start dialysis!!

Great News!!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:37:36 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
hey all--

Quick update....

They have moved her to a regular room!!! They are looking at keeping her a few more weeks and then she will go to an inpatient treatment center for her physical therapy. She has almost no stamina to keep herself upright up she has gotten in a wheelchair and gotten wheeled around by the nurses. :)

They also stopped her dialysis because they have been giving her the Lasisks and thats been forcing her kidneys to work. So as long as they continue to work, then they will not start dialysis!!

Great News!!

Great news indeed, I haven''t been here for awhile been very busy and I just thought of how shes doing so I decided to check up and I''m very happy to know shes doing much better now yay!

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
I''m pretty new to this site, but I just started reading through this thread, and wow! What a little fighter!

I will pray that she continues to get stronger and healthier with each day.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:37:36 PM
hey all--

Quick update....

Great News!!

That''s great news! ..I''ve been silently following your story this whole time. The Lasix is a diuretic which will ultimately help to get rid of all that fluid that she''s been accumulating.. Awesome news!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AWESOME news!!!! Please continue to update us as she progresses. I can''t wait to hear that she''s not only home, but running around like any other child.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will keep her in my prayers
2.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just terrible.. my prayers are with your families. Here''s to a full and speedy recovery.
-Alexa

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve missed this thread until now..but wanted to send more prayers and dust her way! Sounds like she is doing great, but I am hoping for even more progress!
5.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Wow gosh. I just discovered the LIW forum a few days ago and just read through this whole topic. It was like reading a suspense novel!!! I''m so glad there was a fairy-tale ending. I feel like I just went through a whole rollercoaster of emotions just reading the forum I can''t imagine what living it would have been like. I''m so happy to hear she''s doing better. Definitely keep updating us on how she''s doing.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How''s she doing?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Continued thoughts and prayers
emstar.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Hey All just a quick note...

Katie has been Discharged from the hospital. They took out her permanent port and they think she does not need it. Everything seems to be working well for her.

They have moved her to an inpatient rehab hospital that specializes in physical therapy and ocupational therapy for her to get back on her feet and to get going again.

They think she will be there for about another week. I was hoping that she would be home in time for Easter but I think she will be in the rehab for a few more days....but its one step closer to her coming HOME!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
YAY! How is she coping with all of this happening? She''s been through so much.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, great news! I hope she continues to do well! I''m so amazed at how tough she is!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s amazing news Alexis!! Continued prayers being sent.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock

I know its been while since I sent an update to you all but here is the latest...

Katie is coming HOME! She is going to be discharged from the rehab facility and will be
coming home for good.
She will still have outpatient physical therapy and some occupational therapy, but she will not need any more inpatient care. There will be a home health nurse stopping by the house to get her going again, but she is doing great.

Her school is hosting a benefit for her this Saturday at our local Outback and she will be there to meet everyone. Its going to be great.

She is having some tough times getting her body ready to go and pouts when she has to do some PT but she is going to be fine.

THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

PS Dust does really work!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is awesome news, Alexis. I''m so glad to hear that she''s on her way to a total recovery!

I was very worried there for a while. Glad the PS dust helped!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:22:40 AM

I know its been while since I sent an update to you all but here is the latest...

Katie is coming HOME! She is going to be discharged from the rehab facility and will be

coming home for good.

She will still have outpatient physical therapy and some occupational therapy, but she will not need any more inpatient care. There will be a home health nurse stopping by the house to get her going again, but she is doing great.

Her school is hosting a benefit for her this Saturday at our local Outback and she will be there to meet everyone. Its going to be great.

She is having some tough times getting her body ready to go and pouts when she has to do some PT but she is going to be fine.

THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

PS Dust does really work!!!!

that is wonderful!!!!

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
That is great to hear and thank you for updating us...I was worried when there hadn''t been much update..glad to know she''s able to go home...

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
I am so excited to hear about her recovery! What a strong little girl! Congrats!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What wonderful news!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Great news about your girl! I hope the benefit is fruitful!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Aww that''s great news. I''m so glad to hear it.
Yay for prayers and ps dust! lol

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to let you all know that Katie is home and she is doing well. She gets tired easy but she is getting her OT, PT and lots of naps. :)

I think she is looking forward to getting back to normal...she wants to help me plan this wedding... so cute!!

Thanks for all for the prayers and the thoughts and the outpouring of support in honor of Katie. She is doing great!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to hear how well Katie is doing - thanks for the update!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news.

I am so happy for your FFI''s niece.

36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AWESOME news!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Please give that little girl a great big hug for me. I know I don''t know her, but I have four kids and that''s all I need to know to understand just how much of a hellride she and her parents have been on. My older daughter turns 9 on Monday.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''m new here but i just read all of this and i''m so glad she''s doing better :) you have one amazing little wedding planner there
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all--

A little update....

Katie is home and she is doing well. She is getting OT and PT 5 times a week, she is going to school at night through tutoring. The school board would not make an exception for her and she has to catch up to where all the other kids are....I think the school board sucks and they are heartless. She has like a month to make up 2 months of things she missed plus the current things that she needs to get done to not fall behind even more.

She is still having the raspy voice from the Tube but she is getting better slowly. She wants a pool party soon so hopfully it can stop raining long enough for us to open the pool and get it all done and ready for her.

Thats about it for now...I will try and keep everyone up to date...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
im glad she is doing well! i am surprised the school is being so harsh about the work! however schools are more and more strict!

Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results