shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant settings: Flip and slide, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

B said I can have a diamond pendant for Christmas. Yippeee. Of course, it means I will do all the work, but I like it this way.

I have a slider diamond pendant whcih ends up a lot on the side of my neck or at the back. I want to choose my new setting wisely and would love to get your input. If you own one of these settings neck shots will be wonderful!

Which one of these setting do you think will slide and flip the least?
WF Half bezel

WF Three Prong Martini

WF Four Corners

Thanks
Maya

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third one should be the most stable. You might also think of a custom length chain. Sometimes 16" just doesn''t sit right for everyone. I prefer slightly longer chains so that pendants don''t flip. My strategy anyway. Sometimes an extra inch is all you need.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the half bezel and four prong are tied. I have a full bezel around mine and it doesn''t move. Lyra is right about the chain. I can''t remember if mine is 16 1/2 or 16 3/4 but it''s perfect for me. Figure out exactly where you''d like it to fall on your collarbone/chest.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 3 prong martini and love it. Mine doesn''t flip or slide much.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a full bezel that''s thin and it flipes & slides all over the place. Hopefully the four-corners one is better as I just ordered a pendant with that style. (I''ll post next week!)

One thing I wonder is if it has to do with the size of the diamond. Possibly a bigger stone is heavier and stays in place more easily?

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I like the 4 prong setting. 17" is my favorite lenghth for a chain and it doesn''t seem to flip at all on me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results