shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Y

ydiamonds

I bought a mixed parcel of pastel tourmalines from Dana but not sure what to do with them. The stones are mixed sizes and shape, some pretty small. I''d like a pendant (white metal) using several of the stones but since they are not of calibrated sizes, it may be expensive to set them. From the picture, all the stones except for the 2 pears on the bottom row have complimentary colors and can be used together. I''m looking to set these as cheaply as possible, and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Mixed pastel Brazilian tourmalines.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Contact Julia Taylor from Etsy. She has created a lot of pendants with varied stones for PSers, in silver. I hear she is very reasonably priced as well, but her waiting list is a bit long.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Can you post specifics (especially sizes) of those stones and a few more photos so that we can see colors better? Without any additional info, I''d suggest setting a rectangle that''s on the upper-right inside a pendant''s bail north/south, and a pear that''s lower-left in the photo suspended from it with the tip pointing up. Rectangle could be bezel or flush set, and pear prong set. Those two stones seem to me like best candidates for setting, while others mostly have reduced brilliance due to large "windows" and other cutting issues. Sterling silver would probably be the best choice for an affordable setting, especially if some stones are large.

Y

ydiamonds

Thanks Lady_Disdain and Mr. Ma Re. I''ve decided to return the stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results