shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant/earring sets??? What do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Okay, I''ve decided to purchase a diamond to go with my new earrings. I currently do have a Tiffany by the Yards diamond pendant, but the diamond was from my mom''s wedding ring, so I actually don''t wear it like I thought I would. Too many issues around it, etc., soooo, I''m going to purchase my own pendant after I''ve saved up the cash.

Question is, for those who have stud earrings/pendants, what sizes do you have? My earrings are .82 total but my eng. ring is only .42. I don''t want to replace my eng. diamond, but I want a pendant larger than my earrings and eng. ring. Anyone have a pendant larger than their eng. ring? I wonder if I would regret putting a larger stone on my neck where I can''t see it?

Any thought, or comments? lol

Oh, and I''m not sure what my budget is yet (anywhere from $1,500-2,500 - but not more than that.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:20:13 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

I think between .40-.50 would be just lovely. But.. that''s just my opinion.. WF has such beautiful pendants.. *sigh*
1.gif
Yes, they do. I''m eyeing the Bellerina pendant. Looks very unique.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:15:00 PM
Author:MC

I wonder if I would regret putting a larger stone on my neck where I can''t see it?

Any thought, or comments? lol

Oh, and I''m not sure what my budget is yet (anywhere from $1,500-2,500 - but not more than that.)
I don''t think there is anything wrong with it, I would think that even if the diamond in the pendant was larger than your ER that it wouldn''t look that way because it is around your neck (larger area).

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The diamond in my pendant is not larger than the center stone of my ering, but as you can see it is surrounded by smaller diamonds so it looks much bigger. I don't mind at all because they are not worn near each other and I think the neckline can accommodate bigger rocks. I too like my pendant to be larger than my diamond stud earrings.

Edited to add: Center stone of ering is 1.24 carats, center stone of pendant is 1.0 carats, and earrings are 1.25 carats each.

pendantstuds3.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial - your set is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing. I guess I should be asking for photos!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my pendant is not bigger than my erring but with that bezel, it looks almost like it could be!

sidebysideswirls.JPG

i say get what you like, i don''t think you will regret not being able to see it (i had that fear too!) you will feel beautiful wearing it.

have fun deciding!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:32:27 PM
Author: MC

Yes, they do. I'm eyeing the Bellerina pendant. Looks very unique.
I love the Bellerina pendant! I think something around the .40-.50 range would look great. I don't think you'll regret putting a diamond larger than your ering and earring in a pendant. My ering is 1.23ct, earrings .70ctw, and pendant .55ct.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Sundial I LOVE your pendant! Are the center diamond and the outer diamonds bead set?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Sundial, you have such good taste!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 7:35:49 PM
Author: belle
my pendant is not bigger than my erring but with that bezel, it looks almost like it could be!

sidebysideswirls.JPG

i say get what you like, i don''t think you will regret not being able to see it (i had that fear too!) you will feel beautiful wearing it.

have fun deciding!
Good match!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 8:26:10 PM
Author: sunkist
Sundial I LOVE your pendant! Are the center diamond and the outer diamonds bead set?
Thanks Sunkist I''m glad you like it. I had my local jeweler make it using the 1.0 carat diamond from my old ering and adding ten 8 point ideal cut diamonds around it. Here is a closeup that allows you to see the way it is set. There is a bezel around the outside of the pendant with prongs coming out of it, but I don''t know what you would call the setting for the center stone.

pinksetpend.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 9:45:46 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/3/2007 7:03:00 PM
Author: Sundial
The diamond in my pendant is not larger than the center stone of my ering, but as you can see it is surrounded by smaller diamonds so it looks much bigger. I don''t mind at all because they are not worn near each other and I think the neckline can accommodate bigger rocks. I too like my pendant to be larger than my diamond stud earrings.

Edited to add: Center stone of ering is 1.24 carats, center stone of pendant is 1.0 carats, and earrings are 1.25 carats each.
OMG Sundial, had I seen this before? Its just stunning.. did you have a neck shot? Oh please have one. Its just lovely!
30.gif
Thank you SDL I posted this last Christmas but you may have missed it. Here is a neck shot for you. It is definately eye catching!

clusterpend5.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks also MC and Julia! The Bellerina is actually the prettiest pendant that I think I have ever seen on pricescope! Way to go Belle.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I''d want my pendant diamond to be larger than my e-ring diamond. Generally the e-ring diamond is the largest and the pendant and earrings are smaller. If you want to buy a larger diamond, what about setting your e-ring diamond in the pendant and putting the larger diamond in the e-ring? That way you could see and enjoy it more!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC, my ering is a large 1/2 carat, my pendant is 1/2 carat and my earrings are 1/2 ct total weight. Of course I don''t see anything wrong with having a larger stone in the pendant because it is on your neck not your finger. The important thing is you like it on you.

Sundial, your pendant is gorgeous! Nice design!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a .71 ct. Asscher, so my spread is closer to that of a .50 ct. round diamond.

However, I have 1.02 tcw diamond studs (not ideal, and cut a bit too deep), and I''m looking for an ACA martini pendant in the .35-.45 range. I kind of don''t want to overshadow my Asscher, but it''s just how I feel.

I see nothing wrong with going bigger if you feel like it.
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sundial...your pendant and earrings are gorgeous!! Belle, I believe I've drooled over your ring and pendant before
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your pendants Belle and Sundial!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My set is:

studs: 0.72ctw (at 4.63-4.70mm they look bigger)
pendant: 0.52 (5.13-5.18mm)
e-ring: 1.14 (6.7-6.72mm)

I like the proportions I''ve got going on.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I just got the WF bezel set earrings and they are .77 carat total weight. Each one is ~.39. My pendant is also set in a similar bezel setting and it is .62 . Ideally, I wanted to get something half the size of the pendant, but the Wf setting is a lot thicker than the pendant setting (which I got from Signed Pieces), so the earrings look about the same size as the pendant.

I also have the bracelet which I think is .5 ctw. with 5 diamonds bezel set from T&Co.

I like having them as a set and having been wearing them together while I was on vacation.

I also have a 1 ctw. martini set that I wear sometimes, but I wish I had a matching martini set pendant. I may look into it to see if I can have one made.

In know how sentimental e-rings are but have you thought about exchanging the diamond on your e-ring and make it a pendant and then just get a new diamond for the e-ring? My diamond in my pendant is from my first e-ring. When I got a new diamond and setting, I had the diamond set into a pendant and then later into the SP pendant.

Maybe you can do that....

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Hi MC,

I don''t think anyone (other than maybe PSers) will really compare how large different diamonds are compared to each other. My first "big" diamond was a transition cut? from my grandmother. I''m actually not quite sure what cut it is or how big it is. The size estimates have been 1.6 and 2 ct. and those silly B&M jewelers called it a round brilliant. It doesn''t appear to be that, based on comparisons to my other diamonds. This diamond is set in the pendant. I had the 2.3 ct. Lucida reset after a broken engagement, and that faces up about the same. Then I upgraded my 1.5 ct. stud earrings to a 3.01 total ct. Most recently, I became engaged with a 2.3 ct. OMC. Oddly enough, all of these diamonds face up within .2 or so mm of each other.

Would you be wearing your pendant everyday? I find that mine seems (gasp!) too big for a lot of occasions. That''s something to consider.

I hope this helps!

P.S. Please ignore the weird erasure marks. I''m not used to resizing files so small, and I forgot that I could change the image size an easier way!

4 diamonds.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 7:42:24 PM
Author: AlyceC
Hi MC,

I don''t think anyone (other than maybe PSers) will really compare how large different diamonds are compared to each other. My first ''big'' diamond was a transition cut? from my grandmother. I''m actually not quite sure what cut it is or how big it is. The size estimates have been 1.6 and 2 ct. and those silly B&M jewelers called it a round brilliant. It doesn''t appear to be that, based on comparisons to my other diamonds. This diamond is set in the pendant. I had the 2.3 ct. Lucida reset after a broken engagement, and that faces up about the same. Then I upgraded my 1.5 ct. stud earrings to a 3.01 total ct. Most recently, I became engaged with a 2.3 ct. OMC. Oddly enough, all of these diamonds face up within .2 or so mm of each other.

Would you be wearing your pendant everyday? I find that mine seems (gasp!) too big for a lot of occasions. That''s something to consider.

I hope this helps!

P.S. Please ignore the weird erasure marks. I''m not used to resizing files so small, and I forgot that I could change the image size an easier way!
Congrats on your engagement, Alyce! Your diamond collection is amazing!!!

I am sort of in a similar situation as to you about how you feel about your pendant, except the feeling is with my new earrings. I guess I''m not use to them yet, but I feel a bit self conscious wearing them. Before I had on .25 per ear and they seemed better suited for daily activities, like going to the park or grocery shopping. The new ACA ones I have are just TOO nice! lol I may end up getting a smaller pair of ACAs for when I''m active during the week, picking my kids up from school, etc.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 6:30:40 PM
Author: butterfly 17
I just got the WF bezel set earrings and they are .77 carat total weight. Each one is ~.39. My pendant is also set in a similar bezel setting and it is .62 . Ideally, I wanted to get something half the size of the pendant, but the Wf setting is a lot thicker than the pendant setting (which I got from Signed Pieces), so the earrings look about the same size as the pendant.

I also have a 1 ctw. martini set that I wear sometimes, but I wish I had a matching martini set pendant. I may look into it to see if I can have one made.
Hey, have you posted pictures of your 1 ctw martinis? I''d LOVE to see ear shots of those and your new earrings!!! Please post photos
1.gif

I may end up getting a bigger eng. ring diamond since my 10-year is coming up. The deal though, is that in real life (as opposed to PS) I''m fairly shy and not really into BIG bling, so if I went up on the eng. ring, the biggest it''d be is .75. Not too large, so I guess I could do that and make my eng. ring into a pendant (all w/in my budget). . .I''ve pretty much decided to just set aside some money each month for now and hopefully when the time comes, I''ll know for sure. I DEFINELTY will have a new pendant put together w/in the next year!
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 9:06:05 PM

I may end up getting a bigger eng. ring diamond since my 10-year is coming up. The deal though, is that in real life (as opposed to PS) I''m fairly shy and not really into BIG bling, so if I went up on the eng. ring, the biggest it''d be is .75. Not too large, so I guess I could do that and make my eng. ring into a pendant (all w/in my budget). . .I''ve pretty much decided to just set aside some money each month for now and hopefully when the time comes, I''ll know for sure. I DEFINELTY will have a new pendant put together w/in the next year!
2.gif
That sounds like a great plan MC! Upgrade your ering to a .75, which would be a big visual difference, and put your current .42 into a pendant, which I think is a great size for everyday wear. It''s a great plan, especially since it''s within budget!
2.gif
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 9:06:05 PM

Hey, have you posted pictures of your 1 ctw martinis? I''d LOVE to see ear shots of those and your new earrings!!! Please post photos
1.gif

2.gif

No, I haven''t posted pictures of those either. It''s funny, but they actually look smaller than my bezel set earrings, like a lot smaller, even though I know for sure they are 50 pointers. They aren''t the best cut either, but they were a gift from my husband and pretty good in price, so I figured they were just right. Perfect for me actually since they were an unexpected gift and a gift from the heart..
2.gif

I think a .75 is a great size, BTW. It''s not small at all. I completely understand about not wanting to get something larger. I feel sort of embarassed sometimes when I wear my bigger ring and most of the time I wear my .55 carat as I feel it''s more my style and won''t attract that much attention. I actually have a .75~ OMC and because of the way it''s set, it gets a lot of attention so I tend not to wear it.

When I open my jewelry box, I find I reach for the smaller rings first....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
None.
5.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments RS, Skippy, and SDL! Alyce you have a beautiful collection there. And Harriet I am not feeling sorry for you it is only a matter of time before you have a stunning collection to share!!!
2.gif
Just remember MC whatever you decide to do there are no set rules for these things. Do what YOU like and think looks good.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 11:32:39 AM
Thanks for the compliments RS, Skippy, and SDL! Alyce you have a beautiful collection there. And Harriet I am not feeling sorry for you it is only a matter of time before you have a stunning collection to share!!!
2.gif
Just remember MC whatever you decide to do there are no set rules for these things. Do what YOU like and think looks good.
Like yours?
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 10:17:01 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/7/2007 11:32:39 AM
2.gif
Like yours?
9.gif
Harriet based on your gorgeous engagement ring diamond you will probably outshine me completely, but I will be happy to live vicariously through your pictures so let''s get working on that new collection!!!
1.gif
And not to divert this thread, but isn''t your wonderful cruise coming up soon???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 11:26:52 AM
Harriet based on your gorgeous engagement ring diamond you will probably outshine me completely, but I will be happy to live vicariously through your pictures so let''s get working on that new collection!!!
1.gif
And not to divert this thread, but isn''t your wonderful cruise coming up soon???
Yes, at the end of the month. I hope I have as good a time as you did.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results