shape
carat
color
clarity

PearlDahhhling is engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 3:33:53 PM
Author: fieryred33143
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

I know I know...

I''m came home on my lunch break with the hopes of taking some pictures to post only to find that the battery is dead on FI''s (
9.gif
) digi cam so it needs to be charged, and I have NO idea where my camera is... but the battery is charging and tonight after work is going to be photoshoot time!!

But I can tell the story!!!

So I already knew it was coming since I knew he had the ring, but I just didn''t know when. Thursday''s I only work until about noon or so, and I came home yesterday at about 12:30 to Mike (FI) telling me to get changed into something cute but comfy and that we had to leave soon. I had no idea where we were going for so long and we were just driving and driving. We live in the Sacramento area of California and so we were heading towards San Francisco and so I figured that''s where we were going, but when we passed SF up, I got really confused. After several hours of driving and him not giving me one ounce of a clue as to where we were going, we passed a sign that said Santa Cruz 20 Miles. Ah Ha! I''ve been suggesting we go to the beach, Santa Cruz specifically, for quite some time now so I was thrilled that we were going!!
36.gif

So we get there and park in the parking lot right across from the Boardwalk and poor FI ends up locking the keys in the car. So we had to kill time while we waited for AAA to come rescue us. Haha. So after that we went on some rides and had some dinner and played some mini golf, and after the sun went down and all the rides and the boardwalk were lit up, FI suggested a walk on the beach. We were walking along and I knew it was coming but didn''t know when, and then he started walking slower and so I turned around to see why and he got down on one knee and started saying all kinds of romantic things. Meanwhile, people along the boardwalk noticed what was going on and were shouting and clapping, which was funny but kinda distracting so while poor FI was declaring his love for me, I was giggling. He asked me to marry him and slipped the AMAZING ring on my finger and of course I said yes and he got up and we hugged and kissed and were happy!

So that''s my proposal story. I never imagined it would happen at the beach (since we''re so far) but I am so happy it did! It was fun and romantic and perfect! And now we''re engaged! It''s been so fun telling everyone! Wearing my ring into work today has been super fun so far and I''ve gotten some pretty great reactions out of co-workers and patients (I''m a receptionist at a Chiropractic office). Tomorrow I''m going to my Moms to show her and my Grandmother the ring and tell them everything and then we''re going to see the new Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants movie. And on Sunday FI and I are going to his parents to tell them! THIS IS SO FUN!

And I promise to post pics tonight!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 4:33:39 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
After several hours of driving
6.gif
6.gif

That is a beautiful proposal story. He put so much thought and effort into it. I''m very happy for you!! Can''t wait for pics
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Pearl! What a sweet proposal story. I hope you manage to post some pics soon!

doxielover

Rough_Rock
Pearl-
Congratulations!!
35.gif
I too am from the Sacramento area. I just wanted to say that I love your proposal story. I can''t wait too see pics!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
yayayayay. i guess the recent dusting really worked. cogratulations!!!! i cant wait for the story and the pics. dont forget that we like the hand shots!!!

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
YAY!!!! Congratulations. This is so exciting! Best of luck to you and your fiance.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Woo-hoo!! Congratulations! Please post pics asap!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
There is something so romantic about the beach and a proposal on the beach sounds perfect.

What a fantastic story, I can''t wait to see pictures :)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wooo! 888 is a lucky number!! Congratulations!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
yyyyaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Congratulations, what a cute story! Can''t wait to see pics.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo, congrats!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pictures!!

I live in Santa Cruz, so if you ever come back down this way, let me know!
28.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Where are those pictures?!?!?! hehehehe
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story PD. Congratulations to you both. Can''t wait to see your beautiful ring.

Linda

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies. I just finished my first ring photoshoot and uploading and sizing all the pictures. I''ll post some here and then make a thread over in SMTR because I took A TON!

sielegacyrep1.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! MOST OF THE PICTURES ARE STILL TOO BIG! Omg...

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Let's try this... Excuse the fuzz.. Didn't notice that until I looked at the pictures.

sielegacyrep3.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Side view...

sielegacyrep4.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Just saw your SMTR thread. What a great proposal and you get to finally wear your dream ring. Congratulations to the both of you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of your congratulations and well wishes! You are all so sweet and I'm so glad I can share this with you all! My SMTR thread is up and running and there is a plethora of pictures! Enjoy!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearls-engagement-ring.92189/

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!!!! Sounds like a beutiful proposal. I don''t think I could have kept still in the car for that long, my mind would have been working overtime. Lovely ring too - must head on over to SMTR to check out the handshots.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is beautiful!! And I love your proposal story (especially that you were giggling from the folks cheering for you guys)--how cute!! Yay yay yay!!!!
36.gif

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
The ring and the story are both absolutely beautiful!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pearl, I''m so excited for you! Your story is too sweet--a beach is the perfect place to propose. How thoughtful of him to ask you there when you had been wanting to go. CONGRATULATIONS, and enjoy this wonderful time! Best wishes to you and your fiance.

P.S. The ring is fabulous =).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS PEARL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Im so happy for you! Your ring is TO DIE FOR!!!!! Im headed over to SMTR area right now to see more photos!
28.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
A little late but CONGRATULATIONS! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL and the proposal sounds so romantic!
30.gif
I bet it was all so surreal.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in here and offer my heartfelt congrats, too!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results