shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear with bullets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dib

Shiny_Rock
Anyone ever see this combination before. I don''t like trillions but i thought bullets could be interesting. Any pictures of a pear with unique sidestones?

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a super combination!
I''ve seen the following side stones for pear shapes
1) Triliant
2) Baguette
3) Pear shapes
4) Heart Shapes

Bullets set into the shank- that should be great.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tapered bullets seem the *demand* a pear shape center
9.gif

The example comes from Diamonds By Lauren allright:

56099s1.JPG

The shape is relatively unusual, and I don''t have the right photo. If no example turns out, once could be put together the Photoshow way
38.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
I THINK A PEAR WITH STRAIGHT BAGUETTES WOULD BE GREAT--I SAW ONE ONCE WHERE THE STRAIGHT BAGUETTES WERE BEZEL SET INTO THE SHANK AND THE CLEAN LINES OF THE STEPS WAS A NICE CONTRAST TO THE BRILLIANCE OF THE PEAR. STEP CUT BULLETS WOULD BE SIMILAR. I WOULD AVOID BRILLIANT SIDE STONES ON A PEAR. I THINK IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH GOING ON AND KIND OF DISTRACTING FROM THE CENTER STONE

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, David, please feel free to ask this (partially sucessful) drawing to be removed if the slaughter of your pictures has gone too far. Couldn''t help it !
3.gif

pb.JPG

dib

Shiny_Rock
Valeria101- thanks so much for putting that picture together - it really helps to see it like that. What is the difference between the picture on the left and the one on the right? Is it just that they are set differently and the left one is longe? I like the left one better.

I have tapered baguettes right now. Do you think it''s too similar of a look?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana your skills are amazing!! Just curious what are the stones called on the right?? I don''t think i''ve seen them before.

srn5977

Rough_Rock
They are referred to as "home plate" cut on their website...http://diamondsbylauren.com/DBL_dropdown_sideST.htm

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Ana- I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Personally, I refuse to learn how to manipulate the photos as you''ve done- I want all my photos to be un-messed with. But I appreciate you doing so in such an amazing manner!

Re: Home plate diamonds- I try to use my imagination in naming some of these unusual side stones.
In the case of home plates- well, that''s pretty much exactly what they look like!

(PS- the pair Ana included were put in the ring of a die hard baseball fan!)

The difference in the left , and right ring photos:
The ring on the left has "tapered" side stones- while the ring on the right have side stones with straight sides.
I agree with dib- in the photos that Ana put together, I prefer the tapering side stones.

THANKS again Ana!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results