2.32 Emerald or 2.01 Antique Pear?

• 2.32 Emerald cut in a halo

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • 2.01 Antique Pear in halo

Votes: 48 67.6%

• Total voters

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald has always been one of my fav cuts. Need a big one though (as you listed). With that said, surprisingly after seeing the pics, I voted pear!

GL and we insist on pics when you are done!! ;-)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cinnamonstick|1450487156|3963295 said:
Emerald has always been one of my fav cuts. Need a big one though (as you listed). With that said, surprisingly after seeing the pics, I voted pear!

GL and we insist on pics when you are done!! ;-)

Excuse me is that your ring finished where are the photos?!

Sorry thread jack over

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Neil those prongs looks gorgeous!! Dainty and not modern....! I like them a lot!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, for just a sec I thought you were suggesting trillion sides :shock: but then I realized it was the prongs you were referencing! :lol:

Laurenk, if you want a halo, by all means do a halo! I think a halo provides a pretty frame around any antique cut stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to hunt for a picture, but I adore this pear halo ring by Caysie van Bebber (Love Affair Diamonds) ...

cvblumierehalo1.jpg

cvblumierehalo2.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough choice! Both are gorgeous. Have you tried on an emerald cut? I guess I'd choose based on which silhouette you prefer and which one makes your heart pitter patter. If it were me I'd choose the antique pear, but alas, this is not my ring, lol!

Not to add to the thread jack....but Cinnamonstick I am dying to see your new ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't hold out on us!! :bigsmile:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006 said:
I had to hunt for a picture, but I adore this pear halo ring by Caysie van Bebber (Love Affair Diamonds) ...

Ooohhh....stunning!!!!!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
(Small insert) Niel, JDDN, YES! Just got it Wednesday!! Pics & write up coming :) You all don't miss a thing! :) TY for asking!

Diamondseeker2006, stunning photos!! Wow!....nice pear!! Looks so pretty with a halo!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN and cinnamonstick....I know! I wasn't all that interested in a pear until I saw that ring...now I'd LOVE to have one like it!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1450492226|3963336 said:
JDDN and cinnamonstick....I know! I wasn't all that interested in a pear until I saw that ring...now I'd LOVE to have one like it!

I know! Right? I was like "easy, peasy....emerald". BUT....voted pear!

Laurenk...can't go wrong! :) pear seems to be winning! Ultimately it is what you love! Good luck!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pear. It is such a 'stand alone' stone it does not need a halo. Two baguettes would be stunning.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
This a a pretty setting...

_850.png

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Laurenk,
Are you going with the pear? I agree a pear can be a stand alone with baguettes and look stunning!!

I must also say WOW to the last picture you just shared Laurenk! Love it! Subtle "underhalo"....gives a little visual interest to the pear, but doesn't overpower it. To me, halos absolutely emphasize a stone and can make it look so beautiful....but there's a part of me that worries about how popular they are right now. A subtle underhalo may be a great way to show off the diamond while staying a little unique.

:)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Would love more pear setting inspiration!! I'm still not 100% decided but I feel my heart pulling me to the pear - so I'm looking at VC emilya, three stone with side pears (with or without halo), emilya with plain shank, pear with side baguettes. Not sure why this is soooo hard! :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1450707033|3964198 said:
Would love more pear setting inspiration!! I'm still not 100% decided but I feel my heart pulling me to the pear - so I'm looking at VC emilya, three stone with side pears (with or without halo), emilya with plain shank, pear with side baguettes. Not sure why this is soooo hard! :)

I should have a few, I'll see what I have

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
The pear the pear! I'm buying the pear!!! Waiting on two other quotes from VC and will decide on this soon hopefully! Anniversary is April so I'm going to pay it in installments to have it ready for April!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1450913675|3965495 said:
The pear the pear! I'm buying the pear!!! Waiting on two other quotes from VC and will decide on this soon hopefully! Anniversary is April so I'm going to pay it in installments to have it ready for April!!
Sorry I didn't come back with inspiration.

What designs will he quoting out for you ??

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I have a quote for the emilya already, and waiting on quotes for side baguettes and another quote for side pears !!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk|1450913675|3965495 said:

Yay! :) Keep us updated! Exciting! !

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on deciding!!!!!

I still can't get over how insanely gorgeous that pear is....there's something very, very special about it.

Will be checking to see what you decide as far as settings go! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! It will be beautiful if Victor makes it for sure! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm so excited. Seriously. I am excited as if this was my ring. I ADORE that pear.

DIbs if you ever sell it and I can afford it. It is to die for.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
For sure Gypsy! You'll be first in line - however I'm not sure it will ever leave my finger!

So so excited!!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1450924068|3965557 said:
Awesome! It will be beautiful if Victor makes it for sure! Can't wait to see what you decide!
Thank you diamondseeker! I've always wanted a setting my VC so this will be my ultimate upgrade!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
JDDN|1450923760|3965552 said:
Congratulations on deciding!!!!!

I still can't get over how insanely gorgeous that pear is....there's something very, very special about it.

Will be checking to see what you decide as far as settings go! :naughty:

Hi JDDN! Thank you!!!! It took me ages to take the plunge but I'm super exited!!!! I can't wait to show it off!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
cinnamonstick|1450918708|3965523 said:
Pics! :) As always :)
Hi cinnamonstick - I cannot wait to have pics to show you!!!! Yay!!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you! Congrats on making the decision, too! Here is a pic of a ring that I just think is so pretty. Perhaps it can provide some help to you in deciding a setting design. It is a James Allen three stone modified with halo setting.

_35766.jpg

_35767.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pear is such a find, you can always find a decent emerald but NOT an antique pear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results