shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear shaped pendants - show me yours (or settings you like)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I just found out I have an "heirloom" .71 pear diamond coming to me, and wanted to see some design ideas of pendants you''ve either seen and loved, or that you have! It can be a plain setting, prongs, bezel, halo''d - whatever!

Show me what you have, ladies!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
WFPearNecklace1.jpg

The scattered diamond necklace and your pear in a bezel would look lovely. The pendant pictured is Starryeyed.
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 5:49:33 PM
Author: lisaC
WFPearNecklace1.jpg

The scattered diamond necklace and your pear in a bezel would look lovely. The pendant pictured is Starryeyed.
3.gif

Oh My Gosh, Lisa - that''s GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I was thinking something a little more simple, but I love elements of that!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely! I couldn''t pull off something so much but WF scattered diamonds necklace and your smaller pear would be more my speed.
3.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh heck yes...that pendant is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS (there is drool on my keyboard - add "pear pendant" to my wishlist now), but the smaller pear with the dby style and maybe a less dramatic Y (or no Y at all) would be simply stunning.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 7:12:07 PM
Author: Elmorton
Oh heck yes...that pendant is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS (there is drool on my keyboard - add ''pear pendant'' to my wishlist now), but the smaller pear with the dby style and maybe a less dramatic Y (or no Y at all) would be simply stunning.

I think that may be what I''m leaning toward - no Y, maybe one or two bezeled .05 - .10 ct. diamonds on either side, bezeled pear.

I was also thinking maybe a halo instead, but I don''t know anything about the diamond aside from it being a G, I1. I''ll know more in February when my parents get here, so I''ll be throwing ideas around until then.

I''ll be looking for more inspiration here, too.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s kind of the style I''m thinking - this is a CZ necklace I just found online.

LTPpearpendant.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I am so jealous. I LOVE pear pendants. I would either prong set it with a small RB on top (and the chain hidden behind the RB) or Bezel with a milgrain (or without to match your e-ring)
18.gif
Can''t wait to see what you decide!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I adore pear pendants! I really like that example you just posted. Can''t wait to see what you do with your new lovely!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks Coatie!! I love pears as pendants. How lucky you are Lauren to have a diamond pear! Here''s a different kind of halo effect. This is my pink sapphire pear.....

cmspinksap02.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s kind of a halo within a halo. My blue sapphire pear...........

cmssapp06.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Catmom! You''re killin'' me!
WOWZA
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 11:24:19 PM
Author: Catmom
Aww, thanks Coatie!! I love pears as pendants. How lucky you are Lauren to have a diamond pear! Here''s a different kind of halo effect. This is my pink sapphire pear.....

Holy smokes, Catmom! Your aqua is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I love it - and I think the tiny halo perfectly suits that beautiful pear aqua!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your pear! I love pears for pendants - they were made for the job! I have two, one modern and one rose cut. Not in the same league as Starryeyed's gorgeous peair and dbty combo though!
jen

modernpearcutfromDBL.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
and the old one

pearfayculenpendant.JPG

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, you must be so excited! Congratulations on your new addition! The only limitations on this piece is how far people are willing to stretch their creativity! I am sure it will be so so so lovely!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, all these Pear pendants are YUMMY!
18.gif

Congrats on your new new pear Lauren..can''t wait to see what you do with it!
Here are some I found just with my google search..(sorry, I know they are Diamond pears)

pearpendantmadness.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I get to finally post one of my favorite pendants with matching earrings...It''s a rose cut pear...yummy!

Copy of 7508_z2.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Also, if you like the bezel set rounds on the chain, what about a double chain like the attached pic (even tho they are bezel set rose cuts and a rose cut haloed (sp??) oval)...just thought I''d throw it out there for possible inspiration...

Copy of CushionRoseCutBorder-b.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 1:38:51 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Enjoy your pear! I love pears for pendants - they were made for the job! I have two, one modern and one rose cut. Not in the same league as Starryeyed''s gorgeous peair and dbty combo though!
jen
I LOVE this one - I''m a huge baguette fan, so this one really, really sings to me!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! The baguette was the setter''s idea because I wasn''t so keen on the rabbit ear style, and I''m really pleased with how well it turned out. The other thing I love about it is that the baguette is really, really white and the pear is an M colour. Warm, but not yellow. The contrast is really nice.

Sooo, what are your plans for setting now? Can''t wait to see it!

Jen

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I just love all these pears! Mrs. Mitchell, I esecially love your "old" one. Gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results