shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Experts PLEASE help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

molly3795

Rough_Rock
Uh oh, I posted the wrong dimensions on the pear...now I am really worried...

The correct numbers are:

E SI1
12.69x7.41x4.55

Firegoddess, or someone else, could you please post the shapefinder image for this, I CANNOT get it to work for me!!!!

Just HOW long and skinny is this going to be.....worried

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its a great length to width ratio and little long. 1.71:1 You must also see the outline to see if the shoulders are nicely rounded, too squared off or drooped. Sorry the tool won't work for you. It needs Java enabled and IE for the browser. Sometimes trying to open it twice is the trick.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where can I find this "shapefinder" at ?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually...

that -30% is my doing and it is not in your numbers - not much of a difference at this point since there is no way but seeing the stone to get an idea about those two 'bulge' parameters.

It is entirely up to you to decide whether a long pear or a short one looks better to you. For me, longer ones look better on the hand, but this really easy a personal decission.

Hopefully, the decisive details of the cut (whatever it takes to obtain a brilliant pear with reasonable bow tie) are in place.
Is the diamond on its way to David Atlas? If this is so... I can't wait for the news! and potential pictures
2.gif

CoolPear.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is an example of the same L:W ratio, but with bad bulges. Thies demonstrates some of what the tool can assist people with.

shape selector1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Molly, no worries. I see that others have already chimed in with good advice. I wanted to throw 2 pictures into the mix...so you can get some idea of difference on the hand.

My pear, below, has a 1.5 l to w ratio.

fgpear.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondlil's split shank beauty is longer. I think it's around 1.7 or so like yours, but I can't remember exactly.

ETA: I went back and checked the old threads...her l to w ratio is 1.69.

diamondlil pear ring.jpg

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Molly,
I'd suggest getting a photo of the diamond.
Since we can't know what the "buldge factor" is going to be the tool won't neccesarily show you what the diamond looks like.
There's alos the "shoulder question"- does the diamond have rounded shoulders or squared off ones?

Are we talking about a diamond with a GIA report?

molly3795

Rough_Rock
Yes, the diamond is GIA...I have a copy , not sure I know how to post it...Is there anything on there that would tell me about the "bulge" areas? It is suppose to be a great cut...will post more if I can

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Although it''s a great way to describe a pear, there''s nothing about buldge on a GIA report.

A clear photo can tell you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results