shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Diamond Purchase and Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
35.gif
Will I experience difficulty having the establishment where I purchase a loose diamond set the diamond in a ring purchased elsewhere?

Also, I was condiering purchasing the engagement setting from Adiamor. Are they a reputable company?

Thanks for your insight.

Kim
emcrook.gif

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/23/2005 6:18
6.gif
0 PM
Author:New Diamond Buyer
35.gif
Will I experience difficulty having the establishment where I purchase a loose diamond set the diamond in a ring purchased elsewhere?

Hi Kim,

I feel a consumers interests are better served by having the same vendor supply and set the ring and diamond.

This keeps the chain of responsiblity very clear if there is a problem.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kim,

It''s pretty common for jewelers to set a diamond that you already own into a new ring. Often this is simply a restyling of a piece that no longer suits your fancy or a that has worn out and needs a new mounting although it’s increasingly about online diamond purchases. Most jewelers are happy to accommodate you although their fees may be different because of a discount given on items from their own showroom. If at all possible, I suggest you get the mounting and the setting labor from the same supplier for exactly the reasons that Brian points out. I also recommend getting the stone examined by an independent expert between the time you receive it and when you give it to the jeweler to set so that any problems that may already be there can be addressed before the jeweler gets involved. Discuss with the jeweler the issue of liability for potential damage to the stone while it’s in their possession.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results