shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear - are these good specs to look for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Doing some research for a friend who is looking for a 1.5ct Pear. I''m all over RB''s but don''t know much about pears. So, I picked some tips up from another post here..

For a well cut pear that''s going to give the best light performance.. and "beauty" for a pear..

Table 55-60%

Depth 59-63%

L:W ratio 1.50 - 1.75

Clarity - SI''s ok?
Color - to H, I ok?

Is that right? To what clarity can you take a pear safely? With a RB I''m fine with an eyeclean SI2.. does a well cut pear also mask inclusions as well as a RB?

What about color - does a well cut pear face up white like an well cut RB would?

Any 1.5''s out there that are worth looking? A lot are listed at WF - but hard to poke through w/o guidelines..

Am I ok with a budget up to about 10K for a 1.5 ct? I saw a big range 4100- 12000. Do you think 8-9 should get a fairly decent stone? Or will 10K get me bigger?

THANKS in advance!

-signed.. rb lover..
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is SI2, eye-clean. Color might be a little tricky because the pointed tip will show color more than the rest, face-up. My G is white all over. I didn't get to look at diamonds with DH, but I've gathered that with fancy shapes, you really need to look at them in person to determine "beauty". Can't completely rely on specs like RBs. How about Length:Width? Overall shape - teardrop versus trillion shaped?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 4:55:13 PM
Author:laney
Hi!

Doing some research for a friend who is looking for a 1.5ct Pear. I''m all over RB''s but don''t know much about pears. So, I picked some tips up from another post here..

For a well cut pear that''s going to give the best light performance.. and ''beauty'' for a pear..

Table 55-60%

Depth 59-63%

L:W ratio 1.50 - 1.75

Clarity - SI''s ok?
Color - to H, I ok?

Is that right? To what clarity can you take a pear safely? With a RB I''m fine with an eyeclean SI2.. does a well cut pear also mask inclusions as well as a RB?

What about color - does a well cut pear face up white like an well cut RB would?

Any 1.5''s out there that are worth looking? A lot are listed at WF - but hard to poke through w/o guidelines..

Am I ok with a budget up to about 10K for a 1.5 ct? I saw a big range 4100- 12000. Do you think 8-9 should get a fairly decent stone? Or will 10K get me bigger?

THANKS in advance!

-signed.. rb lover..
1.gif

There are no sets of numbers that is completely predictable/ reliable in these shaped stones. Lots and lots of stone by stone decisions, that just can''t be made solely on the numbers.

As far as clarity- SI is OK, but it depends on the amount, location and type of inclusion(s) in each particular stone.

The Bow Tie effect is also significant. It just takes a highly trained eye to be able to split the hair with these.

Rockdoc

laney

Brilliant_Rock
So is it really all about how it looks..

Or - instead of splitting hairs on the positive side - are there things we should *AVOID* on the negative side.

There''s just so many to choose from, I assume that there is some sort of criteria to weed out the bad stones.. Too deep? Table too big.. crown not high enough.. ?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My pear is an I/VS2. It''s nice and white, very pretty. I was looking for a SI for budget but my diamond came along at the right price so we bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results