shape
carat
color
clarity

Peaches and Honey: My 2.56 Peachy Gray Diamond Three-Stone : )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Just stunning!!! I love the colours!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s gorgeous! Love the hand shots.
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Edited (because I was so stunned by the lovely ring, I'm blabbing!)

Oh PR, what a lovely ring. When I saw the pictures in your post on CS, I wondered how on earth I missed the thread, but I guess I only missed it yesterday, so I don't feel so bad.

It's turned out beautifully. Your comments about rose gold drowning out the delicate colour is so telling. As you know I've been working on my tourmaline project for a little while now - may post an update tomorrow. I've looked at loads of pictures of delicate pink stones in pink gold and I think everyone left me with the impression that rose gold just drowned out the delicate pink stones.

I'm so happy to finally see a pink/peachy stone in yellow gold. Can you please take some more pictures in bright, no-sun daylight to try and capture the colour of the stone up against the colour of the yellow gold without any fire/glare/glow. Difficult I know, because it's so sparkly and shiny.

I really think your project has turned out stunningly.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:07:49 AM
Author: Gailey
Edited (because I was so stunned by the lovely ring, I''m blabbing!)

Oh PR, what a lovely ring. When I saw the pictures in your post on CS, I wondered how on earth I missed the thread, but I guess I only missed it yesterday, so I don''t feel so bad.

It''s turned out beautifully. Your comments about rose gold drowning out the delicate colour is so telling. As you know I''ve been working on my tourmaline project for a little while now - may post an update tomorrow. I''ve looked at loads of pictures of delicate pink stones in pink gold and I think everyone left me with the impression that rose gold just drowned out the delicate pink stones.

I''m so happy to finally see a pink/peachy stone in yellow gold. Can you please take some more pictures in bright, no-sun daylight to try and capture the colour of the stone up against the colour of the yellow gold without any fire/glare/glow. Difficult I know, because it''s so sparkly and shiny.

Gailey, thank you so much for the kind words. Honestly, I was hesitant to post pics of the ring because heart shaped diamonds and yellow gold are not very popular on this forum. Also, there''s been such a craze about rose gold lately that I wasn''t sure how my color choices would be received. But your post gave me so much reassurance, because now I know that I am not alone. Having a "unique" taste makes me feel like a mutant against the sea of popular white metal settings and white, square shaped stones.

Mochi''s Yellow Chrysoberyl in Green Gold excited me to no end, because YG is so often overlooked as a metal. I was never a big fan of YG myself, in fact, most of my pieces are in white metal. But now, I have a new appreciation for this yellow underdog. It has this ability to enhance the yellow/pink colors in stones without overpowering them. Also, it does not HOG attention from the stones. It can be subtle in 14K or it can look really rich in 18K.

Gailey, would this tourmaline happen to be the peachy asscher that you posted on the Peachy Thread?
I can totally see this beauty in Green or Yellow Gold!
36.gif

What kind of setting style do you have in mind?

I will try to take some diffused outside pics for you later on today so you can see the contrast of stone and metal.

I''m so happy that I''m able to help others who are on the fence between metal choices!
5.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That ring just glows!! What lovely colors!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh PL, I am blown away by your ring!!!!! It''s gorgeous, magnificent, spectacular!!!!! Can ya tell I really love it?? Enjoy!!!
30.gif
30.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:07:15 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh PL, I am blown away by your ring!!!!! It's gorgeous, magnificent, spectacular!!!!! Can ya tell I really love it?? Enjoy!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you so much, Kaleigh!!!
35.gif

That means a lot, considering you have such exquisite taste, and your ring was my inspiration.

Too bad it's not an ICY WHITE DIAMOND!
27.gif

ETA: Chiquitapet, Holly, Catmom and Holly, thank you!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is just amazing!!!!!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Love the color combination. I turned out beautifully. Congrats.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! The color of that stone is to die for!!! Congratulations and enjoy your new ring!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you posted your beautiful ring. I also love yellow gold! Your ring is beautiful! Enjoy wearing it!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG PR!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring.
30.gif
, it is downright gorgeous. I can''t find the right words. I''ll just say it is booooooootiful!!! It looks lovely on your hand too. That center diamond is to die for.

Linda

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I love love love the peachy color of your cleft less heart and those pears are the pearfect compliments!!! The ring design and metal color is also to die for, what a perfect end to a long project. You must be so ecstatic and proud!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

(Kaleigh's ring has also secretly been my inspiration ring too!!!!)
41.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PL what a stunning ring!
30.gif

Call me silly but I wouldn''t call that peachy/grey. It''s much more pink with a hint of silver/platinum.

I adore the colour combo and ESPECIALLY the yellow gold. I''m so pleased you didn''t go for rose gold it would have completely taken over. You''ve got a subtle, well put together, gorgeous ring. Very many congratulations.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:49:09 AM
Author: platinumrock

Date: 4/4/2009 10:07:49 AM
Author: Gailey
Edited (because I was so stunned by the lovely ring, I''m blabbing!)

Oh PR, what a lovely ring. When I saw the pictures in your post on CS, I wondered how on earth I missed the thread, but I guess I only missed it yesterday, so I don''t feel so bad.

It''s turned out beautifully. Your comments about rose gold drowning out the delicate colour is so telling. As you know I''ve been working on my tourmaline project for a little while now - may post an update tomorrow. I''ve looked at loads of pictures of delicate pink stones in pink gold and I think everyone left me with the impression that rose gold just drowned out the delicate pink stones.

I''m so happy to finally see a pink/peachy stone in yellow gold. Can you please take some more pictures in bright, no-sun daylight to try and capture the colour of the stone up against the colour of the yellow gold without any fire/glare/glow. Difficult I know, because it''s so sparkly and shiny.

Gailey, thank you so much for the kind words. Honestly, I was hesitant to post pics of the ring because heart shaped diamonds and yellow gold are not very popular on this forum. Also, there''s been such a craze about rose gold lately that I wasn''t sure how my color choices would be received. But your post gave me so much reassurance, because now I know that I am not alone. Having a ''unique'' taste makes me feel like a mutant against the sea of popular white metal settings and white, square shaped stones.

Mochi''s Yellow Chrysoberyl in Green Gold excited me to no end, because YG is so often overlooked as a metal. I was never a big fan of YG myself, in fact, most of my pieces are in white metal. But now, I have a new appreciation for this yellow underdog. It has this ability to enhance the yellow/pink colors in stones without overpowering them. Also, it does not HOG attention from the stones. It can be subtle in 14K or it can look really rich in 18K.

Gailey, would this tourmaline happen to be the peachy asscher that you posted on the Peachy Thread?
I can totally see this beauty in Green or Yellow Gold!
36.gif

What kind of setting style do you have in mind?

I will try to take some diffused outside pics for you later on today so you can see the contrast of stone and metal.

I''m so happy that I''m able to help others who are on the fence between metal choices!
5.gif
Yep, that''s the stone. I''m more or less decided on a halo. I''ve more or less decided on Ocean Pearlman/Wink to do the job. I thought I had the whole mélee thing decided until I read Rubycharm''s thread this week, now I have a whole bunch of questions.

I''ll start a thread and ask for some feedback as soon as I''ve gotten all my pictures and ideas straight.

Meanwhile, here''s the picture that sold me on yellow gold for the bezel:

pink set in yellow gold 01.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, lovely ring PR! You gotta love those colored diamonds! Wonderful choice for a setting.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Futurmrss

Rough_Rock
Perfect combo!!!! The sides really accentuate the color of "peachy" in the center. Perfect!!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
These next pics are for you, Gailey! These were taken under natural sunlight earlier this afternoon, but with less glare.

Hope you''ll be able to see the contrast between the YG and stones.

sunnylyn1.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
A side view...

sunnylyn2.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
The gallery...

sunnylyn3.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Orange shot...
3.gif

orange_1_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Tomato shot...
31.gif

tomato_1_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

tomato3_1_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, April, Dani and Maisie, thank you!!!

Linda, thank you my dear! You have great taste in jewelry, especially your gorgeous pads, so that means a lot to me.
5.gif

Rose-E, thank you so much! At first, I wasn't sure if peachy toned and yellowish/champagny/orangy stones go together, but I'm so glad it worked out! You have some beautiful pieces, and your pics are amazing!

LD, thank you!! The diamond is graded Peachy Gray and you can see some gray in real life. I guess she's just photogenic. The gray modifier is such a cost-saver, and it actually has the ability to pick up surrounding colors! But I won't object to pink.
22.gif

I am so glad I went with yellow gold...it is subtle, yet complements the stones so well!

Some food for thought...I know you're in a quandary about your metal choice for your chameleon.

I love the way it looks in YG though!
2.gif

FlyGirl and FutureMrss, thank you!!
1.gif

ETA: Gailey, that pic of the pink pear is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! I love it with the YG Bezel! So subtle, yet so rich!
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Fabulous
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 8:15:29 PM
These next pics are for you, Gailey! These were taken under natural sunlight earlier this afternoon, but with less glare.

Hope you''ll be able to see the contrast between the YG and stones.
WOW! Sold to the lady with the pink peachy tourmaline - way to go PR!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I know I said this before, but that is so grogeous!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 8:31:17 PM

Date: 4/3/2009 8:23:00 PM
Author: StephensBride
Gosh, looking at that ring makes me want some candy. It''s yummy!!

Thank you, StephensBride! I''m glad I''m not the only one that sees food with bling.
5.gif

Is that your daughter on your avatar? She''s beautiful!
yes, that is my daughter and thank you for the compliment.
1.gif

Your ring has the most delicious colors I''ve ever seen, but I do have to admit that it doesn''t take much to make me think about candy. LoL

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Love it!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!!! I love the colours - delicious!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results