shape
carat
color
clarity

:Pave Bands & Welding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so my fiance and I were discussing where to wear the wedding band

options
1. weld pave w-band to e-ring w/ spacer... so they are not rubbing and damaging ea. other over time (my option)
His concern w/ my option: The value of the e-band depreciates. I say it doesnt matter since we''re not selling it anyways.

2. wear w-band on left hand AND e-ring on right. (his option)
My concern w/ his option :I''ve had some ppl not believe my e-ring was actually an egagement ring. They thought it was jus a piece of jewelry (costume or watever). Now if its a rhr, I fear its really gonna look costume.

Right now I''m sooo used to wearing the e-ring on the left that I cant see moving it... but I guess I''d get used to wearing it on the right.

Any thoughts here? What were you''re considerations before u decided to weld them 2gether?
Or what were you''re considerations not to?

Thnx

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I''m against welding and if you ever needed sizing, etc. Have you tried the clear things that go on the bottom of the band?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would be somewhat afraid to wear e-ring on the right hand....I guess because I am right handed, and think that I might do things with my right hand that would put the ring at greater risk - like reaching into file drawer, carrrying things, etc....But I have considered it, also....

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 10:05:44 PM
Author: yellowfan
I''m against welding and if you ever needed sizing, etc. Have you tried the clear things that go on the bottom of the band?
YellowFan: No.. not married yet, so dont have the W-band. But I''m also not sure what u''re talking about either.. can u give me more details. Also, if I needed it resized, i thought of putting those tiny balss on the inside of the band.

Maxine: I''m a lefty, so I guess thats a good thing.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
oh I forgot about the sizing beads, so then I guess you could soldier them. That would be my hang up and in pregnancy the hands really swell. The clear things are at Claires but you could get the beads which would be better.

Are your rings posted?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes we need to see the ring!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
oops.. sry

DSC06544.JPG

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
now yall done got me started... this really is my favorite shot.

small_DSC06539.jpg

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
the shank is a real problem. it doesnt allow for anything to sit flush

DSC06455.JPG

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
There is no way you could get me to soder (sp?) that beauty.
1.gif

How does it look with a band against it? (Even with the space?)

Scintillating...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunning ring!

I wouldn''t weld a wedding band to this either.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2005 9:36:55 PM
Author:cute330xigrl

I''ve had some ppl not believe my e-ring was actually an egagement ring.
Let them be
29.gif
If anyone can find costume jewelry worked that well, please let me know
2.gif

The ring looks so obviously precious and there is so little convention about what and engagement ring looks like... I would not worry. There is allways going to be dissent out there, no matter what you do
7.gif
So... why not have it your way!
11.gif

Not sure if a wedding band can sit on the same finger without damaging the pave work - perhaps it could, but I cannot figure out from the picture where the band touches the ring - the fewer points the better, but none is not likely. For example, I wonder if the tiny ''support bars'' under the halo would not get damaged - i.e. pave ripped off in time on a delicate region of the ring that would be hard to redo.

All in all, I have my doubts that pave can be worn in wedding sets that bring it in contact with the neighbouring ring. Of course, there are dozens of such designs out there by sophisticated designers and no-name casting houses alike, but this does not quite convince me. The trend for these ''three sided pave'' is not very old and old rings are very seldom (if ever, I still have to see some) done this way.

Honestly, I looked at those with the assumption that such intricate engagegement rings are not worn with the wedding band much if at all.

Just my 0.2

Now, something has to be done, I guess, for you to be able to wear the ring as you wish. Have you asked Leon about this? I would be curious about this advice.

Otherwise, I can''t think of anything wiser than some clam / screw to keep the wedding band at a distance from the ring all the way, and fixed - so that the two rings do not rub against each other. Soldering the two rings does sound extreme considering how this wonder of a ring looks like.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Please please please don''t weld that beauty to anything!!! It is such a gorgeous ring and it certainly DOES look like an engagement ring. Wear it where you want and how you want and don''t worry about what others think.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
oK ladies. I hear ya loud an clear!!!
1.gif

Val, I marked the area that would touch (cos its curvy)... but after reading everyones response, no welding.

Leon sayd that it''s a piece to be worn by itself. He said, he''ll make me a w-band that I can wear occassionally for those important functions... but its not to be worn daily or it will def. damage one another. He flat out said there is no way to wear pave''s together w/o the maintenance hassle that comes w/ the wear and tear. I didnt mention soldering to him in fear he might have refunded my $$ , taken back his ring and kicked me out of his office. lol! But the thought certainly crossed my mind. Thinking back, I should have negated the thought all together, considering I couldnt even bring it up to him, huh.

Honestly, I looked at those with the assumption that such intricate engagegement rings are not worn with the wedding band much if at all.

You very well summed up Leon''s thoughts on it as well.

I would love to keep my e-ring on the left and my w-band on the right. But out of curiosity is that improper? Or does it not matter @ all. Like does moving the ring to the right signify you''re a widow?

Thnx all!

shank.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2005 10:50:24 AM
Author: cute330xigrl

[Leon] flat out said there is no way to wear pave's together w/o the maintenance hassle that comes w/ the wear and tear.

Agreed, of course. I thought he might have dreamed up a way around this, but since not... I would not be holding my breath for an alternative, source.

I would love to keep my e-ring on the left and my w-band on the right. But out of curiosity is that improper?

If there is some local custom you might want to consider, I am a few thousand miles from that!

Like does moving the ring to the right signify you're a widow?

Never heard of this...

Thanks for the clarification in the marked picture. Do you think the band could rub againt some upper part of the ring too while the rings move against each other? Regardless, I would follow Leon's advice to a tee, as you may guess. For what that matters...

If worse comes to worst,
9.gif
these are Leon rings too, as much as I can guess:

002.jpg

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
If worse comes to worst, these are leon rings too, as much as I can guess:

oh my!....kekeke
30.gif
31.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Chris!

No welding! I would wear the wedding band on your right hand, e-ring on left, or just the e-ring and wedding band when you don''t want the bling.

I''m not even wearing a wedding band on any finger. I think the e-ring says taken loud and clear
9.gif

Actually I tried on my e-ring with my eternity band, (it does sit completely flush) and it looks really good, but I''m not going to wear it because it would damage Leon''s work.

You better not be picking out a wedding band before you''ve chosen your location
31.gif

By the way my ring is currently residing at Leon''s until sometime next week, you wouldn''t have seen it by any chance??? Ok mI admit it, I miss having it.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is definitely a stand alone ring. What about wearing your e-ring on your left hand and wedding band on the right?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! You should be very proud. A couple people have asked if my ring was fake! I guess because I look younger. I don''t know. Anyways, do what Leon says. I would be very nervous about the diamonds rubbing another diamond band. I am not sure what the long term effect is but I can only imagine. Better to be safe than sorry. You could wear your e-ring and w-band on seperate hands. I really like the l really like the look of a diamond band stacked with a plain band. I think it is really elegant. Let us know (and don''t forget pics) what you decide.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
You better not be picking out a wedding band before you''ve chosen your location

Ally, u''ve caught me red-handed.
6.gif
wow, that was fast gettingyour ring back over to Leon. I havent seen it. Had no reason to go there as of late. But I can create an excuse.
3.gif

Your ring is definitely a stand alone ring. What about wearing your e-ring on your left hand and wedding band on the right?

Thats what I''m thinking about Jelly.

That is a beautiful ring! You should be very proud. A couple people have asked if my ring was fake! I guess because I look younger. I don''t know. Anyways, do what Leon says. I would be very nervous about the diamonds rubbing another diamond band. I am not sure what the long term effect is but I can only imagine. Better to be safe than sorry. You could wear your e-ring and w-band on seperate hands. I really like the l really like the look of a diamond band stacked with a plain band. I think it is really elegant. Let us know (and don''t forget pics) what you decide.

Tacori, I tried a plain band... didnt suit me. :siggghhh: Guess it''ll just have to be another paveeee on the other hand.
31.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I wore my e-ring on my left hand and my wedding ring on my right hand for almost 6 years. I used to get asked if my e-ring was an e-ring or a wedding ring, like it really mattered.
20.gif
To me, almost any kind of ring on the left ring finger means you''re taken?
2.gif

I recently changed to a wedding set b/c I wanted something different.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 9:00:40 PM

Tacori, I tried a plain band... didnt suit me. :siggghhh: Guess it''ll just have to be another paveeee on the other hand.
31.gif

No, no, I am saying get a diamond band AND a plain band, or maybe even two and stack them on your left hand. Try that look, it might surprise you.
2.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 10:37:23 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 9/23/2005 9:00:40 PM

31.gif

No, no, I am saying get a diamond band AND a plain band, or maybe even two and stack them on your left hand. Try that look, it might surprise you.
2.gif

i like ur thinking tacori. i like!!!

I wore my e-ring on my left hand and my wedding ring on my right hand for almost 6 years. I used to get asked if my e-ring was an e-ring or a wedding ring, like it really mattered. To me, almost any kind of ring on the left ring finger means you''re taken?

jelly, i say the sammmme thing. ugh, why i let their foolishness bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results