shape
carat
color
clarity

Paula''s Home Cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock

Since being laid off, I''ve been watching a lot of cooking shows, and this woman just mesmerizes me. Paula Deen hosts Paula''s Home Cooking on the food network and she is always dripping in diamonds while she cooks! Her rings are HUUUGE, she has a pretty big watch and several bracelets.

I could only find one crapphy picture of her rings, but if anyone can find anything better, I''d love to see them in detail!!

pauladeenrings1.jpg

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed that too.. but what is up with her hubby?

I get the impression he is some gold digger !! Is he riding on her coat tails? I don''t know why , but he gives me the creeps

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think her hubby is cute; my sil lives in Savannah and says they are both super nice when they eat at the Lady and Sons. The food is delicious but very very rich. I ate there over the holidays and they have a buffet and I paid for the buffet but only made one trip since everything is made w/a stick of butter. That is probably the best pic of her rings that I have seen. I tried finding some early but no luck! I am still trying to get a pic of Kathy Lee Giffords rock! thanks for sharing Nebe!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I am obsessed with the Food network, and I love to watch Paula, Giotta, Ina, - you name it, I tune in.
3.gif
I love to cook!!!

I was wondering about her rings too, I never noticed before, but it looks as though she wears an eternity band with that blazin'' big ole diamond ring on her lefty. She is always getting gunk on, yuckk!! That drives me crazy!!

Did anyone else watch her trip to Europe special? I have to admit, I sort of had tears well up at the end. Suck a softy I am!! haha
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m not positive, but I think I''ve seen Paula Deen on the Celebrity bling thread. I find myself drooling over her jewels more than her food!

I heard she''s opening up a restaurant somewhere Southern U.S. (like Miss, or Tenn?)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:24:15 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
I am obsessed with the Food network, and I love to watch Paula, Giotta, Ina, - you name it, I tune in.
3.gif
I love to cook!!!

I was wondering about her rings too, I never noticed before, but it looks as though she wears an eternity band with that blazin'' big ole diamond ring on her lefty. She is always getting gunk on, yuckk!! That drives me crazy!!

Did anyone else watch her trip to Europe special? I have to admit, I sort of had tears well up at the end. Suck a softy I am!! haha
9.gif
You mean Giada, not Giotta. Spoken by another Food Network foodie here.
2.gif
I mainly watch Giada and Ina, sometimes Rachel if the other 2 are only reruns. Am trying to watch Amy (the Gourmet Next Door) but she''s SO STIFF I can barely stand to watch. She''s only got about 2 more episodes with me before I give up altogether. Just started TiVoing Robin (Quick Fix Meals) and we''ll see how I like her.

I used to watch Paula a lot but mostly for the entertainment - I can''t ever see making any of her dishes because they are SO rich that one can only eat that way once in awhile...not every episode!!! I did see her European vacation - it was very cute, particularly when the kids joined them at the end. I love the bling but it kills me that she cooks with all that jewelry on (exactly like in the picture)!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:27:05 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I'm not positive, but I think I've seen Paula Deen on the Celebrity bling thread. I find myself drooling over her jewels more than her food!

I heard she's opening up a restaurant somewhere Southern U.S. (like Miss, or Tenn?)
huh? Is this a new one ? She has had one in Savannah, Georgia for at least 10 years now. Her brother has a crab shack on the way to Tybee, GA. If you get a chance to go to Savannah, you have to eat there!! People stand in line for hours and the lines are super long too!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
FG: Thanks for the correction! I knew that, haha
2.gif
I like to watch her too, but the lowcut tops they put her in are downright distracting. Even my DH likes to stop what he is doing and watch a few seconds simply for the eye candy ... oyi men
11.gif

Ina''s recipes use a TON of butter and *artery clogging* ingredients as well, omg its clogging my arteries just thinkin'' about it. Yesterday''s show, "Halloween for Grownups" 5 sticks of butter in her frosting -??!?!?!?, 5?? Oh lordy!!
32.gif

I did watch the "Unwrapped" show where they took you behind the scenes at all the Food shows, and it was pretty interesting stuff like where they shoot the shows, and how long it takes, where they get the ingredients from, etc.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:40:21 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 10/31/2007 4:27:05 PM

Author: somethingshiny

I''m not positive, but I think I''ve seen Paula Deen on the Celebrity bling thread. I find myself drooling over her jewels more than her food!

I heard she''s opening up a restaurant somewhere Southern U.S. (like Miss, or Tenn?)

huh? Is this a new one ? She has had one in Savannah, Georgia for at least 10 years now. Her brother has a crab shack on the way to Tybee, GA. If you get a chance to go to Savannah, you have to eat there!! People stand in line for hours and the lines are super long too!

I haven''t been able to find any info on it. A friend of mine is a huge fan and she said that a restaurant is supposed to be opening mid 2008. But, don''t quote me on it! (ha ha ha!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:56:33 PM

Ina''s recipes use a TON of butter and *artery clogging* ingredients as well, omg its clogging my arteries just thinkin'' about it. Yesterday''s show, ''Halloween for Grownups'' 5 sticks of butter in her frosting -??!?!?!?, 5?? Oh lordy!!
32.gif
Oh definitely - I have never made a single one of her desserts. They''re all insane. But some of her main dishes aren''t bad at all. I have her French cookbook and it is yummy!!! Though I''ve only tried the eggplant gratin once...flaming oil droplets were going everywhere and I cursed that woman the whole time.
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:56:33 PM
FG: Thanks for the correction! I knew that, haha
2.gif
I like to watch her too, but the lowcut tops they put her in are downright distracting. Even my DH likes to stop what he is doing and watch a few seconds simply for the eye candy ... oyi men
11.gif

Ina''s recipes use a TON of butter and *artery clogging* ingredients as well, omg its clogging my arteries just thinkin'' about it. Yesterday''s show, ''Halloween for Grownups'' 5 sticks of butter in her frosting -??!?!?!?, 5?? Oh lordy!!
32.gif

I did watch the ''Unwrapped'' show where they took you behind the scenes at all the Food shows, and it was pretty interesting stuff like where they shoot the shows, and how long it takes, where they get the ingredients from, etc.
LOL! My DH''s eyes bug out when Giada starts vigorously stirring!

I love food network shows. Just this weekend I got up early and turned on the bedroom TV. DH asked what I was doing. I told him it was time for Paula''s bling! That huge oval makes me dizzy every time I see it!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Since we''re on the food network topic...does any actually go as far as Sandra Lee with their tablescapes? I love cooking, and I hope once we have a real place I''ll be doing a lot of entertaining, and I''m ALL for some of her neat little crafts...but really? Handmade table clothes adn napkins and napkin rings and placecard markers along with all the decoratives and chargers...just thinking about it is enough to make my head spin! Do people in real life who don''t have assistants doing all the work for them really DO that kinda stuff? And if so, can you teach me how????

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Sabine--

No one could possibly spend that much time on tables like Sandra Lee does...seriously.

But I love Giada and Ina...I like Tyler Florence too! Easy Entertaining isn''t bad either. But I love Italian food :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 6:56:56 PM
Author: Sabine
Since we're on the food network topic...does any actually go as far as Sandra Lee with their tablescapes? I love cooking, and I hope once we have a real place I'll be doing a lot of entertaining, and I'm ALL for some of her neat little crafts...but really?

No way...but then again, I don't go changing the entire decor of my kitchen based on what I'm wearing, what holiday is nearby, or what colors go with the food I'm making. Have you noticed that? It's crazy!! Even when I throw a party I don't do 'tablescapes.' I spend $ on the actual food.
5.gif

I used to love Emeril live back in the day (mmm, maybe 7 years ago or more? at least 5 years ago) but now it's gotten so showy that I don't really enjoy it any more.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paula Deen used to irritate the hell out of me. But now I can watch her because she just makes me laugh...she doesn''t seem like she takes herself all that seriously, which I like. I don''t try any of her recipies though...heart attack!

I''m an Ina and Giada fan too. If I want to get TGuy in a bad mood when he walks through the door, I''ll have Ms. Ray on. I can''t stand her either actually...

And Sandra Lee? That woman is boinking someone to be on TV! She''s awful...both in style and cooking!!!!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
TGal

I seriously just laughed out loud so hard when I read your comment about Sandra Lee...too funny, yes i agree she is terrible and I hate how her decor and clothes even change depending on the topic of her show

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 7:33:10 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 10/31/2007 6:56:56 PM

Author: Sabine

Since we''re on the food network topic...does any actually go as far as Sandra Lee with their tablescapes? I love cooking, and I hope once we have a real place I''ll be doing a lot of entertaining, and I''m ALL for some of her neat little crafts...but really?

No way...but then again, I don''t go changing the entire decor of my kitchen based on what I''m wearing, what holiday is nearby, or what colors go with the food I''m making. Have you noticed that? It''s crazy!! Even when I throw a party I don''t do ''tablescapes.'' I spend $ on the actual food.
5.gif

I don''t think anyone goes as far as Sandra, but I have picked up great ideas from her. I like to do my table up for Thanksgiving and Christmas quite a bit. I also used some of her ideas for decorating the office I used to work at. BUT, those decorations STAYED up for months at a time. (Oh the horror!) I change out my kitchen decorations 3 times a year and I put a full size Christmas tree in my dining room.

I always think it''s amusing to see 12 different colors of blenders in the back ground!!
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
All I know is that Paula's sons are HOT HOT HOT!!! Paula annoys me though.

And as for Sandra...she looks too much like the woman who broke up my Aunt's marriage and I really just want to punch her in the face when I watch her show. (lol). But what really bothers me about her is the way she talks. I can't explain it. I think she's got some good quick cooking tips though. Apparently she was married to a really rich guy for a while but they got divorced. The food network approached HER to do a show, and she didn't really want to because she said she's more of a "lifestylist" than a cook, which is why we get to see all those great table scapes!!!
20.gif

A little over a year ago I was on a plane and talking to a little old lady about the food network. She told me that she thinks Sandra is an alcoholic because of all the cocktails that she *must have* at the end of every show. lol. I thought that was funny.

I used to be into Rachel Ray but I am so over her now. Too many "yum-O"s for me to handle. FROWN, DARN IT!!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I love Paula Deen. Even my three year old watches her with me. We love the way if one stick of butter is good enough, she adds another. I have made a few of her recipes. She had a recipe for orange brownies that someone had given her in one of her cookbooks.They are good. I guess they won some Pilsbury bake off contest.

I love watching all her bling. I just think she was a rags to riches lady who loves to show it off and what better way than on her cooking show. We ate at her restaurant when we were in Savannah. I really enjoyed it.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:05:33 PM
Author: luckystar112

FROWN, DARN IT!!!!
LMAO. That''s hilarious; and true!!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH loves Sandra Lee because she has big boobies.

I do love Giada, but we call her T-Rex, because even though I do think she is gorgeous her head looks kind of big, but her arms looks so tiny.

Also does anyone watch Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger? while I''m not one who is usally into "healthy" food, everything that I have tried of hers has been quite yummy for a healthy recipe.

I''ve also had several very yummy tyler florence recipes...I think he''s a little boring, but wow can he cook.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve started watching Ellie sometimes and have one of her episodes saved to try and make her ''healthier'' chocolate cake. Haven''t made any of her recipes yet though.

I paused the TiVo on a closeup of Paula''s oval yesterday. OKAY - either that thing is fake, or it is everlovin HUGE. Like, 10 carat huge. Gigundo. I was floored.

LOL at the T-rex comment. Mario Cantone totally slammed her at a food tv event - he was like ''girl, I don''t think your recipes are that good cuz NO CHEF is that skinny.''

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 7:37:44 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Paula Deen used to irritate the hell out of me. But now I can watch her because she just makes me laugh...she doesn''t seem like she takes herself all that seriously, which I like. I don''t try any of her recipies though...heart attack!

I''m an Ina and Giada fan too. If I want to get TGuy in a bad mood when he walks through the door, I''ll have Ms. Ray on. I can''t stand her either actually...

And Sandra Lee? That woman is boinking someone to be on TV! She''s awful...both in style and cooking!!!!
OMG My DH can''t stand RR either - he always comments on how annoying her voice is, just listening to her, " lets get these guys into the pan" and "let them hang out".
14.gif

LOL, I have tried a few of her recipes, and while not too bad, I don''t like using a lot of canned products - and she is a fan of those a lot in her stew''s and casseroles, etc.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Not an RR fan either...she''s annoying and her recipes are not that good.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just what I like to see.... a thread about the Food Network! I work for the company that owns the majority of the network (I forget who owns the other 45-ish%).

Yep, i''m biased ''cause I work for the network but I can honestly say that I LUV FN. DH and I watch it frequently, and it''s certainly helped me kick my cooking up a notch.

I''ve met a bunch of the talent, and can say that Emeril, Paula & Giada are wonderful people. They love what they do and really appreciate their fans. And yes, Paula''s oval is SPECTACULAR!

FG- totally know what you mean about Amy''s show. DH and I have watched all the episodes to date, and we really like her recipes, but I''m just not thrilled with her personality. FN only commissioned 6 episodes, so we''ll see what happens next.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG, I should stop paying for all the cable channels cuz the only one I ever watch is FN! Question - it seems like Party Line with the Hardy Boys (the first FNS winner) never went anywhere (though I do see they are on at the wee hours of the morning)...do they still tape shows? I was glad they won but their show....wasn''t really captivating. Interesting that Guy took off like a rocket as much as he has. He seems nice but is a little ''over the top'' for me sometimes. I did want Amy to win, but she definitely needs to loosen up a bit. I know most shows are like that (very stiff at the beginning)....if you look at Giada''s first season it was BAD in comparison to how she is now. Not sure if Amy will grow into it or what though.

I love Alton, but I am a scientist. Good Eats ROCKS!

I have gotten sucked in to The Next Iron Chef. I either want John Besh or the bald guy who keeps winning the challenges to win!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
yeah, the Hardy Boys just kinda fizzled... their series concept was unique- not just cooking, but also entertaining. too bad that it didn''t take off.

I have to say that i REALLY like Guy. I''ve had the pleasure of working with him on two personal appearance events, and he was a dream! What you see on air is totally what you get IRL. He has no hang-ups, egos, nuthin''! He''s truly thankful for all the new opportunities that winning NFNS has given him. I''m not too crazy about his cooking show, GUY''S BIG BITE, but really enjoy his "traveling" show- DINERS, DRIVE-INS and DIVES.

Hehehe- DH is also a scientist (medicinal chemist), and enjoys Alton''s show.

I admit that I haven''t been watching NEXT IRON CHEF, but have heard many good things about it!

I really dig Duff and his crew from ACE OF CAKES. it''s quickly become one of my favorite shows.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How silly is this, I recognize not her name, but her RINGS!
31.gif
I believe I caught an episode with her Thanksgiving show (Turduken?). It was amazing. More effort than I''ve ever even thought about putting into a meal and decorating. To be perfectly honest, my DH does almost all the cooking now, and all of the holiday cooking and baking as well. In fact, we''ve just bought a new oven to accomodate *HIS* baking needs. I''m blessed.
11.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
While we''re on the subject of rings and the Food Network, does anyone catch Pairings with Andrea? I can''t get a good look at hers, but is it a princess? I''d love to see what her set looks like up close!
1.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think PAIRINGS WITH ANDREA is on the air anymore. It used to be on one of the other networks I work for, Fine Living I think they ran it once or twice on Food Network.

Drats! I never noticed her rings on the show, and I don''t recall her being engaged or married when I last saw her IRL (a good 4 years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results