shape
carat
color
clarity

"Parti" Sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Can you please post photos of any "parti" sapphires that you may have? What can you tell me about them? Thank you!
36.gif

Lori

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, I''m not sure if these qualify as parti sapphires, but awhile back I ran across a reference to Wedding Sapphires as being two colored sapphires, clear and blue. These was a reference somewhere on the web which I have not been able to find again. Perhaps I was dreaming. If anyone can give me a reference to the meaning of Wedding Sapphires in this context I''d really appreciate it.

I hope they count as Parti Sapphires too. All are commercial cut stones.

Regards,

Jeff

Wedding Sapphire 1

Sri-Lanka-Wedding-Sapphire 1.png

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wedding Sapphire 2

Sri-Lanka-Wedding-Sapphire-2-.png

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wedding Sapphire 3

Sri-Lanka-Wedding-Sapphire 3.png

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. Natural and unheated/untreated with a HUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE window! Once set, the window dramatically minimised! The sapphire itself is blue/green/yellow and looks different colours in different lights - it doesn't change colour per se but the emphasis of which colour you see changes. Does that make sense? I get quite a lot of comments on the stone, mainly asking what it is.
Sapphire%20Bi%20Colour%20loose_1_1.JPG

Resting in the setting before being set:
Sapphire%20Bi%20Colour%20loose%20in%20setting_1_1.JPG

Set:
Sapphire%20Bi%20colour%20showing%20colours_1_1.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:08:50 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Here''s mine. Natural and unheated/untreated with a HUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE window! Once set, the window dramatically minimised! The sapphire itself is blue/green/yellow and looks different colours in different lights - it doesn''t change colour per se but the emphasis of which colour you see changes. Does that make sense? I get quite a lot of comments on the stone, mainly asking what it is.
Sapphire%20Bi%20Colour%20loose_1_1.JPG

Resting in the setting before being set:
Sapphire%20Bi%20Colour%20loose%20in%20setting_1_1.JPG

Set:
Sapphire%20Bi%20colour%20showing%20colours_1_1.JPG
AWESOME!!!! Where did you find this amazing sapphire????

Lori

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Parti Sapphires come from Queensland in Australia in the yellow/green/blue hues

I have been thinking of getting one for a while now - like this

parti.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
I have also seen some emerald cut ones that have strong colour bands running horizontally across the stone

(they look just like a Rothko! but on a ring!)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kinda like this?

partisapphire.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Lori,

Glad to hear you''re interested! Parti-sapphires are a passion of mine since I got my little emerald cut baby as a replacement for my lost ruby. No pics yet I''m afraid - waiting to borrow a macro lense from a friend. But you can get some terrific sapphires from Coolamon Sapphires QLD or Glen Innes or Inverell NSW (I got mine from Glen Innes which is local to me). Try gemhunters.com.au for some more information and pictures.

The best thing about Australian parti sapphires is they are totally natural - no heating or treatments! Only nature could make something so beautiful! Mine is greeny yellow with a touch of blue giving it a terrific teal colour in certain lights.
30.gif

Hope you find what you''re looking for! Feel free to ask me for more details. Hoping to get some decent pics of my baby soon. Attached is a brilliant cut one similar colour to mine - perhaps a tad darker....

part1.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic....

part2.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet another pic....
30.gif

part3.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have one, but they are cool and unique stones! Hopefully we''ll get some more photos.

Nice stones, heliotrope! Where did you find them?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME.....I''m going to check them out now.....I love that they are ALL natural and mined just like they are!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Lori

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Hi Icekid - I was really close to getting a stone from gemhunters.com.au they were really helpful with all my inquiries

(Hot Pozzum - I see you know of them too!)

2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum,
Those parti-sapphires look good. Most parti-s usually have a strange look to them and a strong gray undertone but not those.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those photos of the parti sapphires look really cool. A very fun colored stone. And sapphires are so durable...they are being added to my list of colored stones to buy...

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is one of the neater parti colored sapphires that I''ve cut. It was from Australia and had a vibrant green cross color, making a bright green stripe in the middle of the intense blue body color. Usually those greens are more a gray/green and this wouldn''t be something I''d try to do, but I thought this was something special.

PartiSapphire2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 7:20:18 PM
Author: HotPozzum
Yet another pic....
30.gif
love the color ! those are some neat sapphire pictures, I''ve seen some just yesterday at a local B&M but most were step cut and I wasn''t as taken with them as much as these round ones on here. Very lovely!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:24:51 AM
Author: Michael_E
This is one of the neater parti colored sapphires that I''ve cut. It was from Australia and had a vibrant green cross color, making a bright green stripe in the middle of the intense blue body color. Usually those greens are more a gray/green and this wouldn''t be something I''d try to do, but I thought this was something special.
Love that stone Michael_E! Gorgeous!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael, I LOVE this stone!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a great looking parti-sapphire, Michael. It’s not often one sees a vibrant green and blue mixed stone.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael thats an amazing stone!!! WOW!!!!
6.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have been dying to get a parti sapphire for awhile now. LovingDiamonds made me curious about them and now I can''t stop googling them! I wish my little gem shop near me had some!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michael, I love that stone!!! It is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:24:51 AM
Author: Michael_E
AWESOME.....this is what I''m looking for!!!!

Lori

decodame

Rough_Rock
This is my Parti. I set it early this year, it comes from the Queensland mines. My parti flashes green, teal and blue
30.gif
I never tire of looing at this stone.

decodamecloseup9980.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results