shape
carat
color
clarity

Parti sapphire arrived! With presents included :) (pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
My parti from Art Cut Gems arrived!! And can I just say, Rick is such a sweetie! He discontinued discounts, so instead, he included a pair of rhodolite garnet pears for earrings! I''ll have to get a pic of them, too. Pics below, but the long and short of it is, I''m still conflicted. Its beautiful, and has lovely flashes of color, but it just might be not exactly right for my sister''s graduation pendant. Its also small enough (6 mm) that I''m not sure it can stand alone as a pendant. Ok, pics coming! Thoughts appreciated!

Oh, also, I had thought I wouldn''t post pics if I wasn''t sure I was going to keep it, but the sapphire is so pretty that if I don''t keep it, I don''t think these pics will hurt him selling it again. And I need input.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Pic one (the only good light in my apt is in the bathroom!) in natural indirect light.

partionhand.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I swear, my skin is not one of those deserts in lotion commercials!

Lizard hand.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Blurred, but showing some more colors.

blurredparti.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
More blur, some fire. (one more)

blurryfireparti.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Showing her nice cutting. The window sill is uneven, not the stone.

mmmmcutlet.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
And one of my "lagniappes", as Rick put it. They're not perfectly matched, but they're lovely!

ETA: Its about to storm here, so there isn't much light.

Rhodie pears.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice but I don''t really see a multicolor look. Do you have any photos that you''ve taken straight on?

Also I thought you would bezel it...wouldn''t that make it large enough for a pendant?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only one I''ve got straight on, which has more to do with me being bad at pics than the stone. Its not all that clearly parti, its more that the flashes show up in different colors. The stone really is scintillating and when you move it, it shows different shades of blue and green, with some yellow.

I was thinking I''d bezel it, but somehow it doesn''t seem right for the stone. Does that make sense? I think part of it is also that the stone looks tilted, even slightly, as thats when you can really see the colors.

straightonparti2.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
One more, straight on, but blurry of the stone. It is really pretty...

straightonparti3.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Sounds like it''s really hard to capture the colored sparkles with your camera. And that you think a bezel will keep it from tilting and showing off it''s colors?

Could you bezel it but have it swing from the chain? That way it would have movement. I''m sure some PSers that are good at design could give you other ideas.

HTH

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, SH, I think thats partly what I''m afraid of. The tilted shades are so pretty, I almost feel like it is a stone that is better of in a ring, since thats always moving. I''ve sent some of my pics to Julia, to see what she comes up with.

I''d love to hear other pendant setting ideas, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results