shape
carat
color
clarity

Paris breaks off engagement to Paris...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I put first bid on the $5 million dollar 24 carat ring!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m shocked and deeply saddened by this news.

I thought for sure they''d be together forever, a match made in heaven.

20.gif

Unlike Nicole Ritchie and her fiance, who actually seem to love each other, these two always seemed in it for the attention. And that honkin rock.

And that''s about all the thought I''m giving those 2 idiots!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok where is the link on this one? I don''t find it on any of my typical sites??

There were rumors but just last week they were hanging all over each other in the mags again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah well...not surprised!!! Apparently his parents were not happy with the engagement..and recently she was spotted out without him and when asked where he was, she said that he doesn''t like to go out alot. I thought..how does THAT work, ms. party girl!?!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m not surprised either... I kind of figured she was just doing it to have something else to battle Nicole over
11.gif
!! I kind of feel bad for her though, because she made her relationship so public, that she kind of brought it on herself (like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez). I wonder what they are going to do about the Simple Life 4? Wasn''t the show supposed to be centered around their engagements? The show was supposed to be about both of them becoming wives, and they would each live with a family for a week, and be the wife in that family. What are they going to do for the show now???
33.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanna know who gets the ring!! Me please!

Seriously though, it seems as though all of Hollywood broke up in the last few weeks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not surprised at all. I know that Mr. Paris''s parents did not approve of her at all. Now for that ring, hmmmmm.
31.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here we go again. These celebrities are insane!
29.gif
Thankfully they broke it off BEFORE the bazillion-dollar wedding. Does ANYONE take commitment seriously anymore?
32.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Paris is incapable of sustaining a relationship. That''s why she films them and lets them "slip" out on the internet.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
"....We remain best of friends, and I''ll always love him. I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time," Hilton told the magazine.

hehehe...so heartfelt...I can feel her emotional traumas from here...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a surprise!!! haha, seriously it must be hard to have a normal relationship while you live in the spotlight but in Paris''s case she is famous for being rich. Who cares. No talent, nothing. Just born into the right family. Didn''t they get engaged pretty quick? I think she is jealous of Nicole and just wanted attention.

CanadianGal

Rough_Rock
The second people started to forget about her oversized, overpriced ring , she''s back in the news with their breakup, good timing Paris!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I''m not terribly surprised. Wonder what''ll happen to that huge honkin'' ring?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I read on People.com that she tried to give the ring back to him. The article also says that the breakup was her decision and that she didn''t want to make a "mistake" by marrying him... (um, isn''t that the point of getting engaged??? Because you know that the person is right for you, and that you aren''t making a mistake??) It also says that he is very sad about the breakup, and that he''s trying to work things out
39.gif
. It looks to me like she used him to get back into the news with the engagement, and when people were paying less attention to her, she wanted to end her highly publicized engagement to get more press... How is she going to battle Nicole now???

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Not surprsing, I really thought she would go through with wedding before they broke up though.... Guess that goes to show you the ring certainly doesnt make the marraige.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally thought she might go for her sister''s record of being married for what, 40 minutes before getting an annulment/divorce?!?!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Are you kidding??! You mean they weren''t destined to spend the rest of their natural lives together, in perfect harmony and everlasting love?! You mean two people with the exact same names can''t make it work?! Oh God, if they can''t do it, how can any of us?????? Oh no, oh no, oh no........

Hahahaha, what a load of baloney there were. It seems most celebrities are good at two things these days: entertaining us with over-the-top, short-lasting and dumb relationships - and- wasting our money on horribly made movies and films. Shocker.

20.gif
20.gif
24.gif
24.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Awww... I feel really bad for Paris Hilton''s ex...I just read on people.com that he still loves her, and that she was the most incredible woman he had ever met. Paris seems so cold hearted. I mean, does she realize that she really hurt this guy???
39.gif
39.gif
38.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2005 1:10:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I''m shocked and deeply saddened by this news.

I thought for sure they''d be together forever, a match made in heaven.

20.gif
Teehee!!!! My thoughts exactly, FG....I was shocked, SHOCKED!!!! by this unfathomable turn of events!!!!! WhawhawHAT!!!!!!??????
11.gif
11.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
To be honest, I actually gained a whole lot of respect for that woman AFTER they broke up. She made some kind of public statement saying that she didn''t feel that she was old enough/mature enough to be making this kind of permanent commitment. That comment alone gained her IQ points.

She gained two thumbs in my book!!

I am a big convenyor of don''t get married until after you are 30. Stats show that people that get married between 20 and 24 have a 40% chance of splitting up. Just my two cents....

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am NOT surprised! i knew this was coming. apparently she is already dating a RICHER greek guy! And, she is keeping the ring...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And, she is keeping the ring...

Now there''s a woman after my own heart!!!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh. Surprised he''s letting her keep the ring. I read that while his family is rich, shipping tycoon blablabla, he''s actually a nephew or something...that the money isn''t really his to speak of. Maybe that''s not true. If it were, I sure as heck wouldn''t be letting her keep the ring!

Y''know the saddest part? She''s got family cash so you know that while she recognizes it''s a huge honker and really expensive ring, it''s going to sit in the jewelry box doing NOTHING and she probably wouldn''t even appreciate it like any of us would!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the latest from the NY Post--pretty gross...

October 4, 2005 -- IN the world of young Greek billionaires, Paris Hilton, 24, has traded up.
Hilton — who ditched her fiancé Paris Latsis, 23, a month ago but only formally announced it last week — has been romancing Mary-Kate Olsen''s boyfriend, Stavros Niarchos, 20, whose princely family makes the Latsis clan, worth $7.5 billion according to Forbes, seem nouveau riche.

On Friday, the new duo showed up at Spider Club in L.A. and "made out all night and closed the place down," our spy said.

The next night, the couple was at Element with Paris'' sister Nicky. Paris "tried to get the club to turn the lights down so no one could see her and Stavros make out," another spywitness recalled. "She also got the club to clear out the bathrooms for her and her friends so that no ''fans'' would be in there with her."

Insiders predict Hilton''s latest pairing — the party girl was also spotted cozying up to her music producer, Scott Storch, last month — won''t last because the reserved Niarchos clan is so publicity-shy they didn''t like Stavros dating Olsen.

"They haven''t seen anything yet," snickered our source.

The Stavros conquest is also threatening Hiltie''s friendship with Olsen and her sister Ashley because Mary-Kate is said to feel betrayed. In fact, a lot of Hilton''s famous friends seem to be flocking elsewhere. "One Tree Hill" star Sophia Bush, Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie and other young Hollywood hotties have all stopped hanging out with Hilton for various reasons.

However, Paris can console herself with her jewelry. We hear the hotel heiress intends to keep the $5 million, 24-carat diamond ring Latsis gave her.

Meanwhile, the entire Hilton family is up in arms over a planned Jerry Oppenheimer book on their clan.

Oppenheimer, whose recent expose on Anna Wintour, "Front Row: Anna Wintour," hit the best-seller lists, has been calling friends and family of Rick, Kathy, Paris and Nicky Hilton for a tome he is planning to do for HarperCollins.

Kathy Hilton has told friends, "If anyone participates in the book they will be banned from the family," and has even threatened several people, telling them, "I can make your life very difficult [if you help Oppenheimer]. I am a very powerful woman."

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 2:57:02 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Huh. Surprised he''s letting her keep the ring. I read that while his family is rich, shipping tycoon blablabla, he''s actually a nephew or something...that the money isn''t really his to speak of. Maybe that''s not true. If it were, I sure as heck wouldn''t be letting her keep the ring!

Y''know the saddest part? She''s got family cash so you know that while she recognizes it''s a huge honker and really expensive ring, it''s going to sit in the jewelry box doing NOTHING and she probably wouldn''t even appreciate it like any of us would!!

i bet she''s gonna pawn that ring off! looks like she needs the money.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
How tacky for her to keep the ring! She''s the one who broke off the engagement, she should give the ring back. I hope he fights her for it!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a sneaking hunch that she paid for the ring herself.
11.gif
27.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i don''t think so-- on the radio this morning (where i got my scoop) the dj had a theory- that the Hilton''s are trying to keep up their image. That they don''t have the money that poeple think they do. So Paris is trying to marry-up.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Yeah I knew that the Hilton''s had money, but they aren''t as rich as they try to make it seem. Celebrities like Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Britney Spears Federline (or whatever she calls herself now), Jennifer Lopez, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Mariah Carey, etc. all have more money than the Hiltons. All they did was inherit money from the Hotel Business...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results