shape
carat
color
clarity

PARANOID!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ever since I got my e-ring, I''ve been completely paranoid that I''m going to chip it. Every little knock and I PANIC.
23.gif
I keep mistaking a facet for a chip for a split second and my heart just drops. What is my problem?

It''s a starset RB, so it''s not like it''s particularly vulnerable or anything.

Can someone please calm me down? Millions of women wear diamonds every day, right? And they must knock them, right? And it''s not like chipping is THAT common, is it?

Anyone else have this paranoia problem?
15.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its pretty common when someone first gets a new ring then it gets the first scratch and it goes away.
Get it insured and stop worrying and eventually it will be second nature to have it there.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m the opposite way, IG. I don''t really worry about my ring at all! It has a halo, though, so I think that contributes to my ring fearlessness. The only time I''ve been really worried was when I dropped it right after my boyf proposed because it was too big and I shook my hand really hard to see if it would fall off...it sure did! It flew across the room!
6.gif
It was fine, but yikes!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, I had it when I first got my upgrade, BAD. To the point where I''d think something was wrong, but I wouldn''t want to look at it with the loupe right way, for fear of seeing what it was, or wasn''t.
20.gif
Of course, nothing was ever wrong.

But with this kind of behavior you can imagine what a total freak out I did one night when we were out and I dropped it on a ceramic tile bathroom floor.
yikes2.gif

Again, it was fine, thank God.

I finally was like, GET OVER IT. It can be replaced. No, you don''t want to, but it can be, it''s insured, knock it off.

I''m totally over it now. You will be too soon.
2.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I never worried about mine ( sapphire ) and chipped it the very 1st week it dropped on concrete really hard as I was in a change room after my yoga class.It has the same value to me as before and I never polished it after.Only I know about it..No big deal...You may feel differently though so get an insurance that would cover it in case you chip it accidently..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it insured?

If so, stop worrying! Having insurance completely puts my mind at ease. That''s what it''s there for.
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
IG--I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have a halo but still worry when I hit the ring on something. For example, I don''t use an ultrasonic so I use standard jewelry cleaner in a plastic container, that has a plastic basket, that comes with a little brush...you know the kind....Well, the the other night I was at a restaurant eating a grilled chicken sandwich when the juice from sandwich (combination of chicken, mayo, and avacado) ran down my hand right onto my hand. I am a freak about clean jewelry so, even after washing at the restaurant, I was uncomfortable until I got home. Instead of the usual jewelry cleaner I was convinced I needed a more powerful grease-cutting product to remove the mayo residue. I put Dawn dishwashing detergent in a coffee mug with hot water and was going to let it soak but just as turned loose of the ring it "clinked" on the bottom of the glass mug and I gasped and could not pull it out of the mug quick enough to see if I broke the diamond. I was thinking how silly it was but was not happy until I saw for myself it was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results