shape
carat
color
clarity

paranoid...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK so I have my dress-I had to get it because I found it at a sample sale. Anyway, mom was pretty upset that she didn't get to come dress shopping with me and we got into a big fight but I think she is over it. I shipped the dress home and mom got it (yay!) but she is not opening the box until her friend is there. This is a friend that I have not met before and she has a daughter getting married soon. I am really paranoid that the friend will hate the dress or convince my mom that it was too expensive/we could have gotten one just as nice at a store in Austin...I know I am being kind of paranoid but I can't help it! advice?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Can you tell her that you really want to be there to open it with her, kind of as a mother-daughter moment?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
problem is, I won't be home until Thanksgiving...

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
So? I'm not trying to be flip, but is there a pressing reason to not wait? Do you want her to make sure the dress is correct? I'm assuming you can't start alterations until you're there to try it on. Since she was sad she missed out on the dress-buying experience, she might be excited to see it for the first time when you're there, or even trying it on for her.

If you can't wait, I'm not sure there is a whole lot you can do except let you mom know (again) how excited you are about finding the perfect dress, and how lucky it was a sample!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I am just not sure she will want to wait...I did look into coming home earlier, I could go home Halloween weekend for like $99 each way so I might just do that...would give me more time to scope out venues also...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results