shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Risingsun & other Cartier Trinity owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am looking at a pre-owned Trinity ring with scattered diamonds, and want to make sure the interior markings are correct. Could you please post what is inscribed inside your ring? TIA!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone please tell me the correct hallmarks for a Cartier Trinity?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
It should be inscribed neatly and evenly with Cartier...Even with the marking, you can''t always determine if it''s real.

As it''s a newer piece, the Cartier C''s should be stamped inside. If not, I hate to admit it, but you have to let the quality be your guide. Loupe the setting of the stones and the workmanship to see how well finished it is. Weight and heft should also be a consideration. but always buy from a trusted retailer... There are many on 47th who sell them...some real, some not. I think the real ones are apparent, but again you see enough of them, you can get a feel for the workmanship. Maybe it helps to see one at Cartier and then mentally compare?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 1:43:07 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Does Signed Pieces have one? They seem to get them pretty often. They always show the hallmark, too ;-)
I wish SP had one in my size, since I trust them and know they have a return policy. I wear a 4 1/2 or 4 3/4 (depending on the temperature), so I think I need a size 49 which is equivalent to US size 4 5/8. I have been looking for the Trinity with scattered diamonds in a 49 for a while, and came across one last night on ebay (I know, eek).

The seller listed the ring as size 7-7.25, but I think he is wrong because he said the following is engraved in the ring: CARTIER..........750.........49.......DT9572........SNOE. I sent him a question asking if he was sure about size and if I could return it if it didn''t fit, but I have not heard a reply and the auction ends in 1 hour.

I should probably just walk away from this one, but I was so excited to find the ring I was looking for and it looks to be in good condition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220172804165&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 1:52:41 PM
Author: Nicrez
It should be inscribed neatly and evenly with Cartier...Even with the marking, you can''t always determine if it''s real.

As it''s a newer piece, the Cartier C''s should be stamped inside. If not, I hate to admit it, but you have to let the quality be your guide. Loupe the setting of the stones and the workmanship to see how well finished it is. Weight and heft should also be a consideration. but always buy from a trusted retailer... There are many on 47th who sell them...some real, some not. I think the real ones are apparent, but again you see enough of them, you can get a feel for the workmanship. Maybe it helps to see one at Cartier and then mentally compare?
Thanks for the info, Nicrez. Unfortunately, the ring is on ebay so I cannot judge the quality before bidding. Do you know if Cartier will authenticate a ring if someone takes it into a store to ask? I would charge the ring to my Amex card, so I could have the charge reversed if it is not authentic.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I have that ring, which I bought from signed pieces. Mine is engraved with Cartier and 750©51 with 3 letters and 3 numbers below the copyright sign. It also has the SNOE with a heart above it. All of the engraving is located on the rose gold band on mine.
I hope that helps.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
On the inside of the rose gold ring: Cartier 750 52 DT9544 SNOE [with a small heart above the SNOE]. 52=size 6

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. I decided to let this one go since the seller didn''t respond to my question and I was nervous about buying on ebay. It does sound like the interior markings were right, though. I wonder what "SNOE" stands for?

I guess I am back to checking Signed Pieces every day to see if my ring has come in.
20.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 8:04:30 PM
Author: Kay
Thanks all. I decided to let this one go since the seller didn''t respond to my question and I was nervous about buying on ebay. It does sound like the interior markings were right, though. I wonder what ''SNOE'' stands for?

I guess I am back to checking Signed Pieces every day to see if my ring has come in.
20.gif
I don''t know what SNOE means, but I''d like to
2.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
SNOE is the name of the Cartier designer

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Thanks for the info. on this thread.I always like to read your responses because of your passion for detail and quality.When did you get your G.G.?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 12:54:17 AM
Author: Nicrez
SNOE is the name of the Cartier designer
Thanks, Nicrez. I had googled Cartier and SNOE trying to find the answer, without any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results