shape
carat
color
clarity

**Paging bootsiekin- Q about Presby-Catholic ceremony**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Hi bootsiekin,

I saw in your reply to another post that you and your FI had/are having a joint Presbyterian/Catholic wedding ceremony. My FI and I are attempting the exact same thing! My FI's second cousin who is a priest and my minister from the church in which I grew up are conducting the ceremony together. We have yet to work out the logistics of the ceremony (i.e. which clergy member will conduct which part of the service) so I was wondering if you had your service worked out yet? If so, would you mind telling me how you are meshing your two faiths in the ceremony?

My FI originally wanted to have a full mass (with communion) for our ceremony but after talking to both his cousin priest and his local priest here, we decided not to do it as we didn't see any way around the awkwardness of a majority of my side of the family not being able to partake in catholic communion. Are you having communion at your service? If so, how is it being handled?

I am also curious about your pre-Cana class and "pre-marital investigation" with the Catholic church (we still need to do both). Were you, as the Presbyterian half of the couple, asked or pressured at any time to say you would raise your children as Catholics (not Protestants)? My FI and I have talked *extensively* about how to raise our (future) children so they can be exposed to both faiths and we are both perfectly willing to state that to the priest during our pre-marital investigation if asked. We're just a little unsure if that is going to cause any issues...

Okay, I suppose that's enough questions for now. Sorry for the novel, but I just got excited to see that someone else is attempting the same ecumenical type service as we are!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results