shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging BEE* !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hey Bee! I was drooling over some of your beautiful shoes and noticed your a fellow native Irish Girl! I''m pretty new to PS, so thought I''d introduce myself and pick your brains about your amazing bargain-finding abilities :) I''m Galway born and Limerick raised (don''t hold that against me!), physio student, studying in Holland, FI is from Cork and we''re getting married in Kilshane House in Co Tipp just outside Limk in Dec 2009. We''re moving to the US (California) in January, I''m planning a wee shopping stopover in NY on the way. So...any tips on where and how you manage to find those amazing bargains? What are these consignment stores you speak of? I am a COMPLETE NY shopping virgin, the last time I was there was the end of a JI one summer, I had just about enough cash to feed myself and pick up a few fakers in China Town ;-) Any help gratefully appreciated, enjoy reading your posts.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey
35.gif
That''s cool to have another Irish person on PS! Plus I''m so envious that you''re moving to California! I got most of my shoes in Barneys in New York-they have amazing shoe sales in January and July and I found that the price was brilliant. The sale in the Manolo Blahnik store is good too-I''ve gotten shoes more than 50% off there. My favourite consignment store is Michaels-it''s on Mandison Avenue and 79th street. I got my jimmy choo back there for less than €300. There are a ton more around there but that''s my favourite, plus it depends on what you''re looking for. I also love century 21 and if you have the patience you can get lots of nice things there. It can be really hot in there in January though with the heating on, so wear layers so you can peal off. There''s a brilliant book written by an Irish woman and it has tons of shops listen in it- just ran up stairs to get it- it''s called So New York- Why you''ll never pay retail in the Big Apple again and the author is Angela Phelan. I literally have stickys on nearly every page from the shops that I''ve been to. It''s well worth getting it. I think I got mine in Easons in Dublin. It has a pink cover on it. It''s absolutely fab.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ah well aren''t you a treasure! Thanks for that. Found one on Amazon for $37, good investment methinks! Now if only there was one for southern California... I can''t believe you got THE shoes from SATC - they''re amazing, I''m very very jealous! Enjoy them, maybe tell us the odd story about them so we can live vicariously through you ;-) Cheers

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe I haven''t worn them yet as I''m saving them for my wedding next June! The something blue ones from the movie are my christmas present from my parents so I''ll be wearing them soon. That book is definitely a great investment!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results