shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadsha

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
Hi. Im interested in purchasing a padparadsha but am unsure on the cut. Does this padparadsha have any windows?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one in the link is sold. But yes, it has a window.
You really want to see the gem against a white background in natural daylight. You need a white background to be able to see the colour properly and detect a window. A window may not be a deal breaker for you but you do need to know exactly what you are buying.

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
Yes its reserved for me. But i will only be paying tomorrow. But before I do I would like to know if the window is acceptable or not.

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
That one in the link is sold. But yes, it has a window.
You really want to see the gem against a white background in natural daylight. You need a white background to be able to see the colour properly and detect a window. A window may not be a deal breaker for you but you do need to know exactly what you are buying.

Is it possible to let me know from the list of collections he has in there that has a good cut?

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
What about this one?

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Yes its reserved for me. But i will only be paying tomorrow. But before I do I would like to know if the window is acceptable or not.

That is really a matter of personal tolerance to windowing in the stone. Windows really bother me, I never buy stones with windows because it becomes all I see. If they don't bother you and the price reflects them then by all means, buy the stone!

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
That is really a matter of personal tolerance to windowing in the stone. Windows really bother me, I never buy stones with windows because it becomes all I see. If they don't bother you and the price reflects them then by all means, buy the stone!

Thank you for the info

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the second one. It's nicely saturated and a little less windowed.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I edited my first post because I looked again and saw some windowing in the second stone. This last one is nicer than either of the first two. I like the color better and I don't see a significant window, although I'd like to see it on a white background to be sure.

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
I edited my first post because I looked again and saw some windowing in the second stone. This last one is nicer than either of the first two. I like the color better and I don't see a significant window, although I'd like to see it on a white background to be sure.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. Will ask her to give a pic on a white background. Thanks again

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. Im interested in purchasing a padparadsha but am unsure on the cut. Does this padparadsha have any windows?

I'm not so sure the stone is windowed. If you notice in the video the face of the stone is never straight face up to the camera. It is always at an angle. I would reserve judgment until you can see the stone face up straight on.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not a purist. I've purchased stones that others would call windowed, but looked good to me. If a minor window doesn't bother you or isn't obvious, then get what you like.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Padparadscha sapphires are difficult to buy,
Padparadscha sapphires are also “hot and on trend” currently so prices reflect the increased desirability.
You need to have a good understanding of colour nuances and how they affect pricing before venturing in.
Although I’ve been buying 15 years plus on eBay and more recently on Etsy, I personally wouldn’t buy from Instagram.
To me there is no way of checking the vendors history. Have other buyers (and how many) been happy with their purchase? It’s also very difficult to judge a gemstone online from a single photo or short video.
What payment method does the vendor accept? I would only consider purchase is payment was through PayPal invoice or Credit card facility.
What is the certification? There are more than a few rogue aka fake gem labs out there so having a certificate from an unknown or poorly regarded lab is worthless.
What is the return policy?
Some vendors are in Asian countries, that’s fine but returning items tracked and insured can be extremely expensive if not impossible to some places.

FarahHana

Rough_Rock
Padparadscha sapphires are difficult to buy,
Padparadscha sapphires are also “hot and on trend” currently so prices reflect the increased desirability.
You need to have a good understanding of colour nuances and how they affect pricing before venturing in.
Although I’ve been buying 15 years plus on eBay and more recently on Etsy, I personally wouldn’t buy from Instagram.
To me there is no way of checking the vendors history. Have other buyers (and how many) been happy with their purchase? It’s also very difficult to judge a gemstone online from a single photo or short video.
What payment method does the vendor accept? I would only consider purchase is payment was through PayPal invoice or Credit card facility.
What is the certification? There are more than a few rogue aka fake gem labs out there so having a certificate from an unknown or poorly regarded lab is worthless.
What is the return policy?
Some vendors are in Asian countries, that’s fine but returning items tracked and insured can be extremely expensive if not impossible to some places.

The first stone is certified by EGLab and the second one is certified by Gem Research Swisslab. The third stone is also certified but need to check from where . The first two stones don’t accept paypal as its from Sri Lanka and paypal does not accept Sri Lankan money but the third gem does accept paypal as she lives in Singapore.

1st stone - 1.5 ct - 6.61*5.94*3.51
2nd stone - 2.52ct - 7.3*9.08*4.5
3rd stone - 1.02 ct - 6.4*4.8*4.1mm

The first and the third stone the dimensions are almost the same but I don’t know why the ct is a big difference. The third stone is the most expensive. The first being the cheapest.

The owner of the first two stone agreed to send it to a jeweller at my place to have me inspect it and than pay cash. But the third stone although smaller and pricier looks like has a better cutting and clarity. Any advice on this?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results