shape
carat
color
clarity

Package from Sally missing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So I bought a couple pieces from Sally, one was a piece I had with my own gem stone. She sent them express, and they got stuck in customs. I had to leave for CA without them. Well I got back yesterday and the package slip was here. So I took it to the post office. They told me they usually ship it back if it has been over 5 days, (the notice was on Dec 23). They said it was not returned, but they are not sure where it is
33.gif
. They told me they would contact me when they found it, I did not hear from them today.

I am hoping it will be found soon. I am very sad. These were gifts for my sister and her partner.

Off to tell Sally the news.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Lots of postage dust to you! That sounds awful. Was it the cabachon spess? Maybe one of your neighbors picked it up for you?

I''m expecting a package from Barry but have been out of town; I hope its there when I get back.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I hope it shows up quick Ltl!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I hope it shows up quick too! This has been bugging me since early December!

Yeah it was the cabachon spess. I had to sign for it, so I doubt the neighbors picked it up.

I hope your package from Berry is there!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That is good that you have to sign for it so no one else can claim it; it must be somewhere at the post office. Good luck!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear it!
39.gif

If I know I''m going to be gone a certain amount of days and expecting something I put a hold on my mail. That seems to work out best for me.

I hope they can find your package soon!!!

-A

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 10:03:50 PM
Author: Arcadian
Sorry to hear it!
39.gif

If I know I''m going to be gone a certain amount of days and expecting something I put a hold on my mail. That seems to work out best for me.

-A

I would of except I had a house sitter. She picked up my mail, but clearly she could not pick up a package that required a photo ID.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m so sorry! I hope they find it soon.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!

The only keep it for 5 days?! That's seriously a short time over the holiday season. Is it 5 business days?

Uh oh. My package came on 12/30 but my hubby wasn't here to pick it up (I was supposed to be home on the 3rd, but go crazy delayed).
6.gif
6.gif

Guess I'll find out at the post office tomorrow.

I hope yours shows up soon!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it''s easy to say but try not to panic just yet. If the Post Office have said that they know it hasn''t been sent back then presumably it''s still sitting there under a ton of other Christmas parcels. Don''t wait for them to call you - call them daily until they find it.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you x

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 10:06:48 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 1/4/2010 10:03:50 PM
Author: Arcadian
Sorry to hear it!
39.gif

-A

I would of except I had a house sitter. She picked up my mail, but clearly she could not pick up a package that required a photo ID.
7.gif

I really hope they''re able to find it for you

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news yet? I hope the PO will find it too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
No, but today was my first day back at work and was rough. The soonest I can get to the post office is Thursday, but I am so tied down at work with extra stuff I am not sure I will get out on time (it closes at 4:30). I am not panicking at this point, just annoyed. I am hopeful it is still at the post office and will be found. I will keep you guys updated.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you lots of dust and a hope of a swift solution with minimal bother.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hope you get it soon. I had the same thing with my wedding band (but with FedEx). After they told me there was no record of it, and the package didn''t exist, they miraculously found it a few days later and it arrived at my house the next day. Hopefully this will work out for you to!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That''s awful! It''s terrible to hear so many people have been having problems with the mail. I hope it finds its way to you soon!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Just got a notice from the post office they they tried to re-deliver it today
9.gif
. I am going to try and sneak out on my lunch break and pick it up. Tomorrow is my admin afternoon, great timing. I will let you guys know what happens tomorrow.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
False alarm. It was a package my Dad sent me.

The postmaster is now involved. They think it is somewhere in the post office, because the tracking info says it is. Hopefully soon....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dangit! Well, crimeny, how ginormous is the post office? I hope they find it soon!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 5:29:41 PM
Author: packrat
Dangit! Well, crimeny, how ginormous is the post office? I hope they find it soon!

Not very!!! I don''t see how this happened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
20.gif
I had a colored stone shipped from overseas. The tracking said it was here. Post office said it wasn''t. I tried to track it down for over a month. Gave up on it. It showed up here last week. 6 months after the package had been delivered to the US (per the information on the package). I''m thinking during the holidays they were scouring the post office, found it and decided to deliver it. Unfortunately, it happens. Hope you get it soon though!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oh nooo... USPS drives me up the wall, honestly. It amazes me that we pay for their wonderful service
20.gif
I hope they find your package ASAP, Ltl.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I hope they find your package soon!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I had a tourmaline from Gene once disappear into postal oblivion for weeks, but sure enough, one day (I think almost 45 days after it was sent), it just randomly arrived. Stuff definitely gets lost, but don''t give up hope!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I wonder what they''re doing at the post office, you know? Before JD and I got married, I worked at Culligan, and a customer who had a late bill came in w/one of the plastic envelopes the PO puts things in when it''s all messed up. He had mailed it from a few blocks away (elderly and didn''t drive but had someone bring him down for this) and it went to several States-according to the cancellation stamps on it, that sucker decided to go to Hawaii. It''s not like he had written the address illegibly either-but somehow it went all over the US before they decided nobody knew where it was really supposed to go so they mailed it back to him in a "Sorry we messed up your stuff" bag. Had a good laugh over that one.

Dust for tomorrow!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no
7.gif

If it''s somewhere in the post office it can''t take that long to find it, right
20.gif

I hope it''s unearthed soon!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, it’s not your gem box but still, it’s a package from home. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that with the Postmaster involved, the whip will be cracking to find it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have the rings in hand!!!!

Me and FI went to the post office today and brought the slip. The guy looked it at it, went to a shelf, and brought me the package. I told him no one had been been able to find it for a week. He smiled and said "they didn''t know where to look." Annoyed, but I opened the package (and ruined Sally''s bow) and both rings are in tact. I don''t know if I will be able to get a good photo of the spess because sally has it wrapped in a lotus shaped tissue, and I don''t want to undo it. But both rings are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results