carat
color
clarity

Pacific Northwest GTG

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
D

Deactivated member 42515

Hello everyone from Washington and Oregon! It's time for a gtg! Gregchang35 shall be gracing us with his presence all the way from Australia! So I thought it would be a great opportunity to have a get together!

He says that weekends work well so it'll probably be August 10th or 11th.

I will try very hard to make it but I will be leaving for Hawaii on the upcoming Friday so it might be a bit tight for me. But I thought I would make this thread so that everyone else can meet Greg and each other!

So who's up for it! Haven't decided whether or not it'll be in Seattle or Portland so it's open for discussion!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh my gosh! I'd love to! I vote Seattle :D

I work on the weekends but if we figure this out soon, I might be able to get some time off.

A GTG would be SPLENDID.

:appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1373690790|3482243 said:
Hello everyone from Washington and Oregon! It's time for a gtg! Gregchang35 shall be gracing us with his presence all the way from Australia! So I thought it would be a great opportunity to have a get together!

He says that weekends work well so it'll probably be August 10th or 11th.

I will try very hard to make it but I will be leaving for Hawaii on the upcoming Friday so it might be a bit tight for me. But I thought I would make this thread so that everyone else can meet Greg and each other!

So who's up for it! Haven't decided whether or not it'll be in Seattle or Portland so it's open for discussion!

Seattle/Bellevue would be good for me. We're going camping in August and my husband's work schedule will determine when so keep us posted.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hey, hey :tongue:

THANX YT for getting this started. :appl: :appl:

Good for you - Hawaii!!!!!.......Sun, surf.....CHILLAXING, i think that is the latest word i hear ppl saying.... hmmm getting out of touch with the groove. :cheeky:

Let's see how it goes... We will be based in Salem, Oregon. We will definitely be making our way to Seattle at some point to get our daughter's passports done. It all depends on when we get the birth certificate. So,if we were going to do something, it would be better on a Sat lunch time. That way, i can schedule a passport meeting on the Friday, stay the night and then meet you guys on the Sat, for the bling fest. Then make our way back to Salem.

Otherwise, if the GTG is in Portland, it will be easier for us. We are a party of 4: 2 adults and a 2.5yo and an infant!

Would love to meet ya's all. :D :D

D

Deactivated member 42515

Bump. Time is getting closer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I'll be sitting this one out. Arriving at Sea-Tac on Monday afternoon.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Wish I could make it, but I'm busy all that weekend. But if anyone is up for a GTG a bit later in the month (like after the 16th, I'm swamped at work until then) I'd love to do one!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so jealous, I wish I could go! Maybe I can convince YT that we should organize another GTG in November while I am in Seattle for a few days before we head off to S Korea.

Hope everyone has fun at the GTG!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Don't be too sad Armywife. I won't be able to make it either :(

But I really hope more people can join in on the festivities!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm always up for a GTG whenever you guys are available. If it's on the weekends, I can either go in the evening after work or on my lunch break if it's in the Bellevue area. The last one was super fun so I'd love to do it again.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bellevue area is easiest for me but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.

Our wedding is in 11 weeks and we've got lots going on. May or may not be driving to Portland for a day and may or may not be doing a weekend camping trip with some friends.

Anyway...
I'll try to make it. Would love to see everyone!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
After getting all the paper work that i need to sort out, we have now planned our trip to Seattle....Just checking in to let you guys know- I will be in Seattle on Sunday early evening. We are leaving just around lunch time from Salem OR. We will probably have a few pit stops on the way with a 2.5yo and a 1 week old.

So,if something is going to be org for a sunday night, i can make it. i know it is short notice. But if it doesnt happen, that is ok too.

I am going to stay at the Silver cloud hotel on Broadway, if that helps ppl organising something? coffee/ dinner somewhere? I will have a car so i can travel, but, i do not have GPS and i will have to plan this trip on google maps and bring it with me. I may be a bit late, hehehe.

Hope that there is a GTG????

D

Deactivated member 42515

First, congrats on your beautiful new daughter!!!!!

I wish I could make it. I tried but I am swamped with getting ready for last minute things for Hawaii. I really hope you meet some people Greg! It would have been amazing to meet you!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will be around! I finish work around 5:30 on Sunday in Bellevue and would be open to meeting up. Is there any way to contact off of PS? Wish YT could be there :'(

Good news is, we just got our Octavia back yesterday and it is SET!!! Finally! I might be able to convince G to let me wear it out for one night if I'm realllllllllllllllllllly nice to him.

Thoughts?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I can make it or not. FI is having some serious muscle problems and needs help many days. (I told the chiropractor that in 10 weeks we will be getting married and he HAS to have FI able to make it through the wedding!)

If we can all connect somehow and coordinate, that would be good! Maybe YT could act as e-mail passer? (or if she'd pass my e-mail on to Cygnet and if anyone has Greg's we could coordinate that way...)

Anyway, I'd love to get together but won't know until tomorrow (later today I guess since it is now 1am...) if I'll be able to make it or not.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awww. G says I am absolutely not allowed to take the ring with me. He says he waited nine months to set the darn thing and I'm not allowed to see it again until he proposes. Let the tears commence ;(

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
thanx YT...happy org for the wedding in hawaii.

cygnet - pooh to your SO for not allowing your O out to play at the GTG. but tottally understand. maybe tell him that i flew from the other side of the world to see it!!!!

too patient- hope that there is a GTG.

it is now 715am and feeding my little one.

we have a drs appt this am. packing a few things and we are on our way, maybe round lunchtime. internet is going to be limited. you could do a couple of things.

1) org a place in bellevue for a coffee catch up on PS now, while i have internet connection. org for after dinner tonight. i gotta help with dinner and the night run with the family,
2) leave a msg for me at hotel- silver clouds hotel on broadway so that when i check in, i get the details
3) or via email....i have a common webmail email from msn. see my username? take the 35 off. now we all know my name is greg. so reverse my username such that greg is the last part. then add the usual sign for email addresses.
4) anyone got a listing on loupe troop or diamond bistro????
5) i just listed my gents oec ring on for loupe troupe and link is here.
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/gents-oec-ps-nw-gtg

looking forward to a GTG, if there is one.....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best "after dinner" place I know of in the area is the Starbucks right there in Bellevue that is open until midnight. Great big place with lots of areas to sit in quiet.

Cygnet ---
Maybe just dessert & coffee/wine at the same place we met last time?

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sounds good. :)
I'm really bummed G won't let me take the ring (I even whined that Greg was coming all the way from Australia, and G told me that it's not mine to show off yet, booooo) but I snapped a few pics. Hehe, so sneaky.

I've gotta run to work but you guys can email me and we can try to hash out some details later.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
PS I am off at 5:30 and it would be easiest for me to meet around then or 6, but if we need to meet later, then I understand.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1376242893|3500820 said:
PS I am off at 5:30 and it would be easiest for me to meet around then or 6, but if we need to meet later, then I understand.

YT was going to e-mail you my e-mail. Hope you got it okay!

Maybe you and I could have dinner when you're done with work and then meet Greg when he can make it?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to do the GTG today!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously? I'm already near Seattle today.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1376336987|3501566 said:
Seriously? I'm already near Seattle today.

Yep! What area are you in?

Cygnet is checking to see if she can make it. Tentative plan is downtown Bellevue (about 20 minutes from Seattle) this evening. Still getting details nailed down. Greg has stuff to do and thinks they'll be done by 5:30 or so.

I'll update here often and you can get in touch with Greg through his listing posted earlier in this thread.

Hope you can make it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bellevue is good for me. How do we keep in touch without letting the whole world know? Do we move this to the GTG section? I'm blingless today though as I typically don't wear stuff to work. Sorry folks!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1376338649|3501581 said:
Bellevue is good for me. How do we keep in touch without letting the whole world know? Do we move this to the GTG section? I'm blingless today though as I typically don't wear stuff to work. Sorry folks!

I'll start a thread over in the GTG area. I'm e-mailing with Cygnet & Greg so you can also use his listing to contact him and he can pass my e-mail on to you.

What time works best for you? Would something like 6:00 dinner work okay? Should we aim for 6:30 so Greg has time to finish up what he needs and get his kids settled in?

ETA: Okay.... so I can't figure out how to start a thread there.

Are you comfortable using the link to contact Greg? If so, he can put you in touch with me for specifics.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I don't know what listing you are referring to. My East Coast stomach is already hungry but I suppose 6 pm will do. You'll know it's me when you see the lady crawling on the floor from hunger.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done. Let's hope he gets it.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'll be there. Just rushing to get things done around the house after a surprise vet appointment.

I've met TooPatient before but I have face blindness and won't be able to recognize her. I'll need some way to figure out who you guys are! TooPatient has my number. Maybe call me and tell me where you're standing or something.

Ok! Gotta go! Too many chores!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results