shape
carat
color
clarity

Owners of Facets/SP eternity bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklelover

Rough_Rock
I was at a local jeweler to get my stud earing cleaned. The saleswoman commented my ering and channel set eternity band. She then showed me a "similar" one of theirs, which is about the same carat wt but has a lot more metal. Mine is 1.18 total wt channel set princess, almost 3mm wide and 2mm thick. Hers was at least 4.5 mm thick, 1 ct total wt diamonds set in between two thick metal "lips". She calls it "more substantial". I told her I was after the dainty thinner look. She then said, the look is dainty all right, but it won''t withstand wear and tear, when it''s new, it looks fine but after a couple of years, the little metal won''t hold up and the diamonds will fall off and you''ll have to re-set the band, so on and so forth.

I don''t know how much truth is to it. I just had my band from Facets/SP for a few month. I love the look and feel of my channel set princess band. It looks great with my e-ring or by itself. Now the woman got me wonder, how long will the beauty last? I certainly don''t expect "forever" but would like to see it holds up for 5-10 years, maybe?

So, for owners who have had Facets/SP eternity bands for a long while, how well are they holding up?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a load of BS!
There are loads of antique/vintage eternity channel set bands that are in fine condition.
Just my thoughts.

Scintillating...

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not expert, but that really does sound like a load of crock. 2 mm is plenty thick. In fact, as far as I''m concerned, 4 mm would never sit right with an engagement ring. There is no reason to have that additional metal beneath the stones, since it wouldn''t serve a purpose except to make the band even thicker, which is not what you wanted in a ring. In addition, channel settings are by their very nature quite secure as long as they are done properly. This sounds to me like a case of insulting another jeweller''s workmanship to try to get you to buy there the next time.

sparklelover

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. I thought she sounded a little like "sour grape" too. But I noticed the side of the eternity band rubs against my e-ring and has lost the original shine. I hope I am not losing any of the metal due to rubbing.

I guess I shouldn''t let her "theory" bother me. I don''t like the thick metal look at all that''s why I went for Facets/SP because their eternity bands are anything but chunky. I should have told her "I like mine much much better. If it falls apart in a couple of years, so be it. But I am enjoying it now!"
2.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I''m assuming your ring is platinum. It''s just developing a patina. Don''t worry about it, it''s totally normal and in fact I find it attractive. You''re not losing any metal.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Any time.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results