shape
carat
color
clarity

overnight shipping may not be soon enough...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
My ring will be picked up today (Monday) from the manufacturer where it was sized. I am assuming when the email from Good Old Gold said it would be "picked up" today they meant by UPS or somethin'' since they are closed today, and I can''t ask them when they might guess I could receive it until tomorrow when they are open.

They said it will be shipped overnight on Tuesday from GOG to Los Angeles. Do they give a tracking #? (YAY! I almost have my ring
6.gif
)

Problem: my bf planned a special night to propose on Wednesday (that cannot be rescheduled) and we need to leave by about 3:45 PST.

Now this is probably not a question that is answerable because I''m sure the answer depends on a lot of variables, but here it is:
For those of you who have had things ordered from GOG and they were shipped overnight... do they tend to arrive at their destination EARLY in the morning because of the priority (I''m assuming?) of overnight or do they tend to arrive throughout the day because overnight is a very general schedule and it just depends where it was shipped from and to?
33.gif

I REALLY hope it arrives in time for him to propose when he planned, so hopefully the timing works out. Am I outta my mind crazy thinking I might receive it in time?
37.gif
*crosses fingers*
28.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Before 10 am for me!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost all overnight shipments are guaranteed by 10:30 or 12 with most carriers. Mine have always arrived by 10:30 with fedex/ups and by 12 with USPS.

Good luck!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Can you ask GOG to have it sent "Hold for pick up" and then you can pick it up from your local FedEx. I''m not sure if you have one close by, but it might be worth checking. WF does this with the stuff I have ordered and I get it by 8:30AM every time! I am pretty sure that UPS does the same thing and that neither of them charges any extra for the service.

sera

Ideal_Rock
OHHhhh that's good to hear! Thanks for the replies.

Date: 11/19/2007 2:09:46 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Can you ask GOG to have it sent 'Hold for pick up' and then you can pick it up from your local FedEx. I'm not sure if you have one close by, but it might be worth checking. WF does this with the stuff I have ordered and I get it by 8:30AM every time! I am pretty sure that UPS does the same thing and that neither of them charges any extra for the service.
I was thinking of that, except in the morning I have a commitment in downtown and I'll be gone from about 7:30-1:00... if it's an option, I could stop by on my way back (it would NOT be advisable to have a diamond on my possession where I will be going). Tomorrow I will ask them if I should pick it up to be safe or if I can rest assured it will arrive before the afternoon.

I've ordered non-jewelry things overnight before and as I recall it was always received early... I think we'll be fine on the timing- I'm just a bit nervous and everything right now is clear as mud to me lol.
5.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Can I just add.... I.AM.SO.EX.CI.TED!
30.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely want to do "hold for pickup" if you''re anywhere near the facility, also specify the morning service (both UPS and Fedex offer an less expensive afternoon option). With holiday travel in full swing and weather in the NY area there''s a decent chance that this will be delayed, plus you''re not available part of the time.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby gets overnight packages all the time and they always show up before 10:30. I agree that priority overnight is usually morning delivery. Do call GOG first thing though and see if you can specify early am. delivery if it''s not already set up that way.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
About 1 out of 10 times for me, delivery by 10:30 turns out to be delivery whenever they feel like it including the following day due to weather. If the package is a hold, it will go to the facility as soon as it is available. If it''s not a hold, it will go out on the truck at least once. As this is arriving the day you need it, there''s still some chance it won''t get there when you need it. But we''ll all hope for the best!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
One other thing if you are going to be gone till 1pm will there be someone home to sign for the package if they try to deliver it? I am pretty sure a signature will be required for sure an expensive item. If your not there you won''t be able to get it from UPS of FedEx until the next business day! That would put a damper on your plans for sure. I really think if you can pick it up on your way home you should do hold for pickup.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you need to ask GOG to specify before noon delivery (just to be sure), assuming there is someone there to sign for the package. They will not leave it. I believe things from them arrived at my home before 10 am, though.

singular

Rough_Rock
Reroute it for a hold for pickup. Otherwise it won''t be delivered without a signature and you might be driving around town frantically looking for the fedex truck.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 8:03:24 PM
Author: singular
Reroute it for a hold for pickup. Otherwise it won''t be delivered without a signature and you might be driving around town frantically looking for the fedex truck.
I could so see that happening lol... but I think my bling-dar would lead me to it
2.gif

There will be someone here to sign for it and I will call GOG first thing tmw a.m. Thanks everyone for all the advice!

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
Hello sera...

First off congradulations.

GOG shipped my ring VIA UPS (Not post office) but brown, for delivery by 10AM, unfortunatly they are not allowed to provide the tracking number until the package is officially picked up by the truck. Good luck you should be able to get it. I chose the option to have them ship it to the nearest customer pickup facility rather than wait around all day for the truck to deliver, this might work out best!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I spoke with Marie at GOG this morning and I should receive it by 10:30 am Wednesday! They ship UPS. (Someone will be here to sign for it).

I asked about picking it up (which might be difficult for me that day), but since I'm not in a rural area and it's designated for am delivery, I should have no problem. Of course planes get delayed and trucks break down and all that... but I'm not worried (nervous, yes! but not worried).

This is the first time I spoke with Marie and like Jonathan, she's great! GOG has some very nice, helpful and just awesome ppl there!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY, that''s great news. So exciting!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 2:56:55 PM
Author: Kaleigh
36.gif

ditto. did you decide on a setting?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 3:06:06 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 11/20/2007 2:56:55 PM

Author: Kaleigh

36.gif

ditto. did you decide on a setting?
Thanks Kaleigh and mrssalvo!!! LOL... taking a few months to pick the diamond was the easy part!

I''m really undecided on a setting. I keep debating over a halo or not... it''s a .99 and the PoH is cut a bit deep. I keep debating over sidestones... more delicate baguettes or flashy step traps or pretty half moons... I do not want a three-stone effect where the sidestones are large and cover the width of my finger so I''m not sure if traps or half moons would do that with the size of the center. I DEF want pave! And I''m still undecided on what wedding band to get... love Leon Mege''s pave and love Ritani''s shared single prong. *sigh* Still got a ways to go on this decision!
37.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
It's heeeerrrrreeeee!!!! YAY GOG!
36.gif

But I can't peek!
32.gif
And since I got done early in downtown, I'm here with it and not able to peek for longer! lol

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Ow man not just one peek with a camera for pictures.
emcry.gif
That is terrible! Well enjoy anyways!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Yay, how exciting!!!

Is this only a temp setting for your stone?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 3:42:50 PM
Author: poshpepper
Yay, how exciting!!!

Is this only a temp setting for your stone?
Yes, just a plain, wide temp. I want a blingy, thing permanent setting... just not decided on exactly what I want yet. I have a bunch of pics I keep looking at and trying to imagine how it would look with my stone. Hard to know for sure until I see it.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!! Let us know later whether you say "yes" or not!
emwink.gif
And lots of pics, of course!

sera

Ideal_Rock
He proposed Nov. 21 and I said yes (big shocker lol). It''s absolutely beautiful. It''s icy white and fiery and OH MAN the sparkle!!!

Unfortunately, my snapshot digital camera does not take clear macro shots. And I really don''t think I would be able to get a new digital SLR this coming payday. I may have to use my 35mm SLR which is an awesome camera- or borrow my aunt''s digital SLR.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, congratulations, sera!!! Now pictures of that diamond are required!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, we need pics please and HAPPY BIRTHDAY
emotion-19.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
TY TY!

I'm trying to get pics but they are either blurry and close or clear and far.
38.gif
The macro on mine is supposed to be able to take a pic from 2 in... but IDK, I'm doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results