shape
carat
color
clarity

Overcooked Beef - What to do????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GMV

Rough_Rock
Hello KimberlyH....

Just a quick thank you for your recipe for beef stroganoff (sp?) for overcooked beef. I am going to try it today after completely overcooking my roast last night. I did much searching and really found NOTHING except what you had written... BRILLIANT. BRILLIANT!! I wsa thinking of trying the crockpot... think that would work, or would you only simmer it stovetop?? I just signed up to this forum; never heard of it before today in my search....

Many thanks to you!
GMV - Toronto, ON

Your beef +

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces butter
4 green onions, sliced (white parts only)
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
6 oz muchrooms, sliced
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup white wine
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side. Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the beef strips.
Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
Five minutes before serving, stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine
. Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.

GMV

Rough_Rock
Any other brilliant ideas for OVERCOOKED ROAST?

I''m grateful.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to pricescope! maybe diced and made into enchiladas?

movie zombie

ps love the toronto international film festival...we attend every year!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome also!

You could slice it and cook it gently in a red wine sauce with mushrooms and serve on a bed of rice.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
slice it thin, cover it with a very thin gravy and warm it very slow then serve over mashed potatoes.
I would start in covered dish in the oven at 190 degrees for 45 min then up the temp to 300 for 15min.
Check the temp and put it back in as needed.

Or in a crackpot on low for 1.5 hours.

For both the meat needs to be totally covered.

The goal is to expand the meat and allow it to soak up the water.
That is best done just under the boiling point of water.
Then increase the heat to finish the process.

GMV

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I''m really appreciative. Karl, your ideas are great - and the words about covering the meat and simmering to achieve goal are helpful.

GMV - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results