shape
carat
color
clarity

oval diamonds in yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peanuts

Rough_Rock
Hello, i am brand new to the site and just starting to look at rings. you all seem so knowledgable--i hope you can give me some ideas! I like the Ritani endless love look with an oval diamond, but i also like yellow gold. Does YG make a diamond look more yellow or can i get away with a lower color grade diamond with a YG setting? Does anyone know of any sites I can see the Ritani style in yellow gold?
thanks!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
peanuts,

Some people think that wrapping a diamond in yellow will add color to the center diamond, making the stone appear more yellow.

Other people think the opposite and would suggest that the yellow of the metal acts in contrast to the diamond, making it appear more white.

I tend to be a little bit more in the second camp.

At the end of the day, however, as long as you pick an oval diamond that is no less than "I" in color on the GIA scale I think you''ll end up with a white diamond - period.

As to Ritani, I think they show pic''s of that ring in yellow gold on their website but not sure.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results